The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

11 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m sorry but that YouTube comment section is disgusting. 😕 People are bashing Kelly for picking Marisa after a battle they didn’t see. They’re also saying Kelly broke some “promise” to Ryan. Does anyone know what they’re referring to? 

Well, this person you’re arguing with  made a really strong argument here. 🙃

IDwUHuR.png

• Haha 11

10 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m sorry but that YouTube comment section is disgusting. 😕 People are bashing Kelly for picking Marisa after a battle they didn’t see. They’re also saying Kelly broke some “promise” to Ryan. Does anyone know what they’re referring to? 

About halfway through the coach section of Ryan's audition, Kelly says "or do you wanna go to the finale and sing a duet with me?" (timestamp: 3:48) which is what I'm assuming those are about. That said, people are twats and YouTube's notorious for being especially dumpster-fire-ish in this way.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Well, this person you’re arguing with  made a really strong argument here. 🙃

IDwUHuR.png

According to Google Translate, the commenter's arguing in Chinese and explaining their disappointment because they're more or less (paraphrasing heavily here) calling the concept of the save --> 4-way KO a load of bull**** (which I don't disagree with, personally, but that's a topic for another time).

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

About halfway through the coach section of Ryan's audition, Kelly says "or do you wanna go to the finale and sing a duet with me?" (timestamp: 3:48) which is what I'm assuming those are about. That said, people are twats and YouTube's notorious for being especially dumpster-fire-ish in this way.

Oh, I didn’t count that as a promise. I considered it more of something that was said for the sole purpose of getting him to join her team. 😅

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

According to Google Translate, the commenter's arguing in Chinese and explaining their disappointment because they're more or less (paraphrasing heavily here) calling the concept of the save --> 4-way KO a load of bull**** (which I don't disagree with, personally, but that's a topic for another time).

Oh ok, I wasn’t sure if it was Japanese or Chinese. 😅

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Oh, I didn’t count that as a promise. I considered it more of something that was said for the sole purpose of getting him to join her team. 😅

That's how I read it too, but I can also see why someone might think it's a promise - that said, if everyone who coaches said "you should be in the finale" actually made it each season, we'd have at least a top 6-8 as the finale every time so it's important to remember to take those "promises" with a nice dose of skepticism.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

That's how I read it too, but I can also see why someone might think it's a promise - that said, if everyone who coaches said "you should be in the finale" actually made it each season, we'd have at least a top 6-8 as the finale every time so it's important to remember to take those "promises" with a nice dose of skepticism.

Yeah, but to the contestants, especially those who haven´t really watched the show prior to auditioning, it can mean a lot, which might be one of the reasons Marisa apparently was so heartbroken after Kelly eliminated her.

• Like 3

Just now, Misirlou said:

Yeah, but to the contestants, especially those who haven´t really watched the show prior to auditioning, it can mean a lot, which might be one of the reasons Marisa apparently was so heartbroken after Kelly eliminated her.

Agreed - logically I'm sure every contestant is aware it's a tough road to the finale regardless of whose team they're on, but emotionally it can sting when someone who you look up to as an artist and who's been your hype-man (or woman) for your time on the show lets you go; in intense situations (like right after a performance) it's easy for emotions to get in the way and lead to strong reactions like Marisa had.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I don’t know, I just feel bad. To be honest, I was probably going to vote for Taryn either way. 😅

I mean Ryan is nice to look at, but I'm 100% voting for Taryn. Ryan is a good singer, and it's nice to have some eye candy, but I'm not that thirsty 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

^

To be fair, she’d have to invite Marissa too, since she also promised her a spot in the finale. 😉

Most likely, they will do the one contestant per coach finale again, which creates a bit of a conundrum, when it comes to the 4-Way KO. If you’re a fan of Desz, Tanner, Cami, or Madeline, you should want Taryn to win. If you’re a fan of Sid, Jim, Ian, or WTW, you probably want Ryan to win. Or, maybe it would be better for everyone (except for Taryn and Ryan fans) if Julia or Larriah win, since they are less likely than the other two to shake up their teams. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

Maybe you could, you know, listen to their KOs and then decide. What a concept!

I know, that’s what I’m going to do. I’m just saying that I think Taryn is going to slay in the Knockouts, which is why I’d be voting for her regardless of whether this interaction happened or not. 😅

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

^

To be fair, she’d have to invite Marissa too, since she also promised her a spot in the finale. 😉

Most likely, they will do the one contestant per coach finale again, which creates a bit of a conundrum, when it comes to the 4-Way KO. If you’re a fan of Desz, Tanner, Cami, or Madeline, you should want Taryn to win. If you’re a fan of Sid, Jim, Ian, or WTW, you probably want Ryan to win. Or, maybe it would be better for everyone (except for Taryn and Ryan fans) if Julia or Larriah win, since they are less likely than the other two to shake up their teams. 

*Sweats in fan of multiple people on Team Kelly and Team Blake*

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

In my case, I'm both a Taryn and Ryan fan, and I would want both to go through. But from a realistic viewpont, Ryan would be my pick since he's my favorite from Team Kelly, so I wouldnt mind if he shakes things up there, whereas I have both Sid and Ian on Team Blake who already have Jim and WTW as threats, they don't need a third lol.

Either way, we still need to see the KOs to formulate the predictions better, but seeing Ryan tonight might give us a better insight of his chances in the 4 way. Hell, people have been saying Larriah had a breakout moment in her battle also tonight, so let's see.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

In my case, I'm both a Taryn and Ryan fan, and I would want both to go through. But from a realistic viewpont, Ryan would be my pick since he's my favorite from Team Kelly, so I wouldnt mind if he shakes things up there, whereas I have both Sid and Ian on Team Blake who already have Jim and WTW as threats, they don't need a third lol.

Either way, we still need to see the KOs to formulate the predictions better, but seeing Ryan tonight might give us a better insight of his chances in the 4 way. Hell, people have been saying Larriah had a breakout moment in her battle also tonight, so let's see.

Realistically, I don’t think many viewers will be voting based on any strategy. It will be some combination of coach/contestant preference. The viewers who will decide aren’t the ones commenting on Youtube from China. LOL

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Realistically, I don’t think many viewers will be voting based on any strategy. It will be some combination of coach/contestant preference. The viewers who will decide aren’t the ones commenting on Youtube from China. LOL

Yeah, and we still have to see the performances to be sure. Remember that TMH was seen as a strong contender to win, but as song as I saw that song choice (Damn you TPTB), it was clear that he was done. And the only one we thought had no chance (Michael), ended up winning.

But this season we know the song choices, and we have been discouting Julia solely because of that, and we know that apparently all 4 contestants delivered, unlike last season. It's going to be interesting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, and we still have to see the performances to be sure. Remember that TMH was seen as a strong contender to win, but as song as I saw that song choice (Damn you TPTB), it was clear that he was done. And the only one we thought had no chance (Michael), ended up winning.

But this season we know the song choices, and we have been discouting Julia solely because of that, and we know that apparently all 4 contestants delivered, unlike last season. It's going to be interesting.

The number of people who vote solely based on the performance they just watched will probably greatly outnumber fan bases of any of the contestants. The average viewer isn’t trolling Ryan’s IG looking for shirtless photos, or even commenting on any platform. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4