The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Misirlou said:

He´s awesome, and honestly, he has been really well recieved so far across all social media, and in the app as well. The impression he left yesterday on the audience was massive, people love his intensity and I´m sure he can repeat that with his KO, which I´m thinking will be even more intense considering the song. I´m geniuenly starting to think he has a chance at PV, especially after the poor reception WTW recieved and after watching Jim tonight, and his reception as well.

As for Jim, he´s not country enough for Minivan, not on his style nor his voice. Todd wasn´t even country as a whole and he gave more of a country vibe that Jim, plus he had that warm charisma going on for him. Jim has a good sense of humor, but he does not come across as energenetic or geniune as Todd. And his voice suits Americana and soul much better than country honestly, given what he did tonight. Give him a Ray Lamontage song (You Are the Best Thing could work) and I can see him nailing that. He still has the KO as his last chance, but he´s not recieving good signs that the PV will be waiting for him.

what is minivan?

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Minivan's the nickname for the main demographic that watches the show (white, middle-class suburban/rural women in their 40s-50s that drive their kids around town in minivans or SUVs). 

well im gonna have to disagree with "jim isn't country enough for minivan"...yall haven't seen his range yet...ive been lucky to hear him on Sundays for 13 years...:)

14 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Minivan's the nickname for the main demographic that watches the show (white, middle-class suburban/rural women in their 40s-50s that drive their kids around town in minivans or SUVs). 

Yep, they are big fans of country music and that´s why the country artists, particularly the male ones are more likely to advance on the show over artists of other genres. It´s not always the case, but it´s the majority of the time. They are all over Facebook.

12 minutes ago, Tawne C said:

well im gonna have to disagree with "jim isn't country enough for minivan"...yall haven't seen his range yet...ive been lucky to hear him on Sundays for 13 years...:)

When I say he´s not enough country for Minivan I´m saying that he doesn´t fit the usual type of country artists they like on the show (cowboy hat, beard, southern, twangy vocals), his voice is actually more versatile than that, but is not usually what Minivan likes. And yes, I´ve seen him sing "Mary Did you Know" on Youtube and he NAILS that song, it shows he has a huge range, if he sings that on the show he could gain a ton of more support.

Edited by Misirlou
8 minutes ago, Tawne C said:

I think part of the reasoning (not claiming to speak for anyone else) people may see him as less "country" is the fact that he currently resides in California even if he's originally from Arkansas and that his singing style isn't particularly "twangy" or nasal the way a lot of people perceive country musicians to normally be. He's got a great voice and I'd love to see him let loose on a song that'd let him do that, but his reception elsewhere has been lukewarm which worries me for his sake (even though I've said before that I like other teammates of his better, it's still hard to watch people work hard to chase their dreams and get cut).

• Like 3
1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

I think part of the reasoning (not claiming to speak for anyone else) people may see him as less "country" is the fact that he currently resides in California even if he's originally from Arkansas and that his singing style isn't particularly "twangy" or nasal the way a lot of people perceive country musicians to normally be. He's got a great voice and I'd love to see him let loose on a song that'd let him do that, but his reception elsewhere has been lukewarm which worries me for his sake (even though I've said before that I like other teammates of his better, it's still hard to watch people work hard to chase their dreams and get cut).

Exactly.

41 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I think the leak will be Cami vs James. 

Also, are we sure KO are starting on Tuesday? Or is it 2 nights of the final battles

I hope it’s the latter because then nothing has been montaged (well, except for Tanner/Skylar and Lain/Chloe)

I think y’all forgot they use auto tune and while watching it these people where actually pitchy and I can tell where they edited it at. So I don’t think any of us sources are lying, and I was right about Taryn’s vocals her audition was powerless and in her battle she had all the power. But they can’t edit Marisa destroying Ryan 

20 minutes ago, Tawne C said:

He’ll probably sing country songs to take advantage of the popularity of the genre with the audience.

Does he consider himself to be a country artist? 

1 minute ago, thevoicefan12 said:

I am going to guess Cami and James get leaked because of 2 reasons. 1, a John nor Blake battle hasn't been leaked and 2, the past 2 leaks were steals so I think this will be leaked.

3. I need to see it as soon as possible! 

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

They showed part of Casme/Rio's battle in a preview right? If that's the case, I really don't think they'll be montaged. It's happened before that a coach has gone without a montage while some coaches had multiple.

I hope not, The sources said it was fantastic!

• Like 1

Regarding the Ko's, I found a video of Ryan G singing Time to Say Goodbye. We kind of have an idea now, about what to expect. Btw, in his instagram there are performances of him playing piano and singing Elton John, Queen, etc. I am SURE he's going to do something like this if he advance AND is the most minivan material I have ever seen.  

Edited by SNI2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Regarding the Ko's, I found a video of Ryan G singing Time to Say Goodbye. We kind of have an idea now, about what to expect. Btw, in his instagram there are performances of him playing piano and singing Elton John, Queen, etc. I am SURE he's going to do something like this if he advance AND is the most minivan material I have ever seen.  

He´s really good. It´s going to be tough between him and Taryn.