The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Ranking who I want to win the show of the T16 + 4-way KO participants within each team:

• Kelly: Desz = Cami > Ryan > Madeline >>> Tanner
  • Gwen: Payge > Carter > Larriah > Joseph >> Ben
  • John: Tamara > Julia > John > Bailey = Chloe
  • Blake: Taryn = Sid > Ian > Jim = WTW

Ranking what I think likeliness of winning within each team actually looks like:

• Kelly: Desz = Ryan > Tanner > Cami > Madeline
  • Gwen: Ben = Carter > Payge > Larriah > Joseph
  • John: John > Bailey = Tamara > Chloe >>> Julia
  • Blake: Sid = WTW = Taryn > Jim > Ian 

I really have no idea who's got the best shot of the PV on Team Blake, and since there's not a good way to do a half-step interval between tiers here I couldn't do the more accurate version of Team Kelly (since Tanner's only a half-step behind the other two because he's a country guy and can sing on-key, which even with a battle montage makes him a threat).

This is still really early guesswork and likely will change as we get more information on how the audience is reacting to each act.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Bk1234 spotted this with his keen eye and posted it in the Taryn thread. I don’t know what to make of the 4-way KO, but Taryn has clearly been getting the better TPTB treatment (compared to Ryan), so maybe they want her to go through.  😉 

lZLRq47.png

Or it could just be that Taryn is the only one of the four who's Battled so far.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

That's weird... Julia and I think Ryan are there already.

It really seems like half the cast is there, and half isn't. It doesn't look like Tanner is there either for instance. A bunch of them are challenging each other to a tongue twist game 

Edited by seak05

4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

It really seems like half the cast is there, and half isn't. It doesn't look like Tanner is there either for instance. A bunch of them are challenging each other to a tongue twist game 

They're probably staggering the number of artists entering LA to minimize the possibility of COVID-19 infections.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, seak05 said:

So Jordan Smith is 100% one of the "beloved" artists from the voice family, any other past contestants we think will show up? 

He definitely is. I don't care for who got more success but man I have never seen the voice giving the honour and respect to anyone else that they give to Jordan. I mean if you look at the voice global and best of the voice they always choose Jordan as the best contestant from the voice us. Also he is the only one who actually got awarded by the voice us(see s11 when Jordan came back and performed o holy night.)

EDIT: Here is the link. 

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

He definitely is. I don't care for who got more success but man I have never seen the voice giving the honour and respect to anyone else that they give to Jordan. I mean if you look at the voice global and best of the voice they always choose Jordan as the best contestant from the voice us. Also he is the only one who actually got awarded by the voice us(see s11 when Jordan came back and performed o holy night.)

That’s probably because Mark Burnett’s wife is a BIG FAN. 

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Taryn actually auditioned for the show with “Cry” back in January. There’s a clip of her singing it on her Twitter. I’d post it here, but I don’t want to be accused of turning this into a Taryn fan thread. It’s in her fan thread. 

if i recall correctly, she auditioned for literally all 19 seasons!

Social media in general enjoyed Cami and James, but interestingly, the negative comments that I´ve read are mostly about the arrangement rather that their vocals.

At the same time I´m not surprised considering this is a classic that everybody knows and their version is unrecognizible.

Edited by Misirlou

42 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Social media in general enjoyed Cami and James, but interestingly, the negative comments that I´ve read are mostly about the arrangement rather that their vocals.

At the same time I´m not surprised considering this is a classic that everybody knows and their version is unrecognizible.

I don't care about arrangement they both were amazing during that battle and that's what matters(for me at least.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Who is Mark Burnett btw?

Mark Burnett is the show runner, the chief P in TPTB. (He is also responsible for The Apprentice, but that’s for another day.)

His wife, Roma Downey (she’s an actress most well-known for Touched By An Angel) was openly rooting for Jordan during his season. After he won, she formed a production company that “helped” Republic Records when Jordan was on their roster.

• Like 2