The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Last week's promo featured these battles: 

Cami vs James (steal)

Casme vs Rio

Ryan vs Liam

I'm guessing this semi-confirms that the latter two won't be montaged, esp. Casme vs Rio who have been in battle preiews from the start. Eliminating the other two battles that ended in a save, here are the options we have left for montages.

Van vs Tori (Team Gwen)

Kelsie vs Emmalee (Team Kelly)

Ian vs Aaron (Team Blake)

Ben vs Sam (Team Blake)

Personally, I think the first two are almost guaranteed to be montaged with this info, along with one of the Blake battles.

21 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Cami vs James (steal)

Casme vs Rio

Ryan vs Liam

I'm guessing this semi-confirms that the latter two won't be montaged, esp. Casme vs Rio who have been in battle preiews from the start. 

Good.

33 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Cami vs James (steal)

Casme vs Rio

Ryan vs Liam

I'm guessing this semi-confirms that the latter two won't be montaged, esp. Casme vs Rio who have been in battle preiews from the start. Eliminating the other two battles that ended in a save, here are the options we have left for montages.

Van vs Tori (Team Gwen)

Kelsie vs Emmalee (Team Kelly)

Ian vs Aaron (Team Blake)

Ben vs Sam (Team Blake)

Personally, I think the first two are almost guaranteed to be montaged with this info, along with one of the Blake battles.

So perhaps the montages end up being Van vs Tori, Kelsie vs Emmalee and Ben vs Sam.

4 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Just realized Team Legend opened 4 out of 5 blind auditions and closed 3 out of 5 blind auditions, and 2 battles.

Team Kelly closed 2 blind auditions and opened a battle round

Team Blake opened a blind audition and one battle round

Team Gwen hasn’t gotten any pimpage from TPTB aside from the leaking of Lauren and Payge’s battle, but that’s not even enough. They’re gonna montaged 2 of her battles.

If TPTB ever were to be pushing a Gwen win, I would fall over

2 hours ago, xxxthevoicexxx said:

My source told me that Tamaras KO was amazing and perfect. They also said her KO was better than Desz’ KO and they said it was better than Tamaras BA. they said it was her best performance so far and that it’s a great comeback from her Battle 🙂.

ok bye!

thanks for that! i honestly don't think that any of tamara's performances have shown her as deserving of her ostensible "frontrunner" status, so hopefully her ko will redeem her. however, i don't doubt that the source had their own bias in terms of "who was better" so did they mention anything technical/objective?

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

So, I  really don´t think that people that will be in this Monday Battle episode will be featured on Tuesday´s KO premiere, since that´s two performances in a row from the same contestant. Our options pretty much consist of pairings of contestants that have already had their battles this week: 

if i recall correctly, zoe upkins was in the ba+battles episode and had both her ba and her battle in that episode so they might do it? im pretty new to the show though so you probably know better.

15 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

That was an underwhelming battle TBH. But it's mostly because of the sleepy arrangement of their song choice. I bet it would have been 10x better with the original arrangement.

totally agree, and its sad b/c they're both great singers

9 minutes ago, katybay said:

THey leaked Carter....

i wouldn't say that's pushing a gwen win

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

That was an underwhelming battle TBH. But it's mostly because of the sleepy arrangement of their song choice. I bet it would have been 10x better with the original arrangement.

I agree. The new arrangement kind of takes away the spirit of the original.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daillon said:

The promo makes me think Marisa vs Ryan will close (it’s probably the battle Kelly has trouble deciding who the winner is)

Yeah they kept on showing that but not showing Marisa and Ryan sooo IDK I have a huge gut feel they will be the closer. Then, James and Cami will open or be early or something

13 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yeah they kept on showing that but not showing Marisa and Ryan sooo IDK I have a huge gut feel they will be the closer. Then, James and Cami will open or be early or something

8 hours ago, Daillon said:

The promo makes me think Marisa vs Ryan will close (it’s probably the battle Kelly has trouble deciding who the winner is)

spoilers said that marisa slaughtered ryan. kelly having trouble deciding who to pick probably honestly has no bearing on who was better lmao

13 hours ago, Daillon said:

Maybe, but they have never ended the battles with a save instead of a steal if I remember correctly, so I don't know. I'm still betting on Cami vs James to close.

Edited by Misirlou

3 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Noooo Kelsie and Emmalae are probably gonna get montaged

i find it unfair that 2 of Gwen’s and Kelly’s battle were montaged, while all of Team Legend’s was shown in full. They could have split it better

I’m already in critical condition after Lain’s battle was montaged, so if Kelsie’s gets montaged... 😤

7 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Noooo Kelsie and Emmalae are probably gonna get montaged

i find it unfair that 2 of Gwen’s and Kelly’s battle were montaged, while all of Team Legend’s was shown in full. They could have split it better

I mean, they were shown on the promo, but it's still not a 100% sure thing that Casme and Rio are going to be shown in full, we'll have to wait till tomorrow when we get the video showing the pairings, we will get a better understanding of who's getting montaged. 

• Like 1

Also, I'm not an advocate for montages in any way, and it sucks that the hard work that the artists put up is reduced to a few seconds on TV, but of all these supposedly great battles that are now in danger of being montaged, they had to choose JusJon vs Payton to show in full?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

29 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, I'm not an advocate for montages in any way, and it sucks that the hard work that the artists put up is reduced to a few seconds on TV, but of all these supposedly great battles that are now in danger of being montaged, they had to choose JusJon vs Payton to show in full?

They probably didn't want to montage Payton twice, they literally showed only 30-40 second of her audition (Even with Larriah, they showed one full minute). So yeah, that's it.

Nothing of this would have happened if Blake wouldn't have wasted a turn on her, though. She is basically the Jamal of Season 19

Edited by Gustavo527

17 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Literally none of these battles are great. Montage all of them and let's start over in the knockouts lmao. 

Honestly, I don’t think the battles have ever been great (in general). I want them gone, although I don’t know how I would replace them.

Edit: I do think Payge vs Lauren is one of the best battles in a while, maybe ever. I just don’t want to watch 19 ok/mediocre battles just for one great battle.

Edit 2: Btw, I don’t dislike the battles bc of the talent, it’s just that the format has never worked for me.

Edited by Daillon

14 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Facts. Vocally it was great but I’m hesitating to find a reason to replay it bc the arrangement just doesn’t fit. It could’ve used at least a better/darker arrangement. Noah and Chloe remain unbothered.

Edited by Someone648

24 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Literally none of these battles are great. Montage all of them and let's start over in the knockouts lmao. 

There have been some great battles this season. John H VS Julia Copper, Sid Kingsley VS Bailey, Payge VS Lauren. But I agree overall thisbis just not the season for battles. I hope the contestants improve A LOT in their KO's.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

There have been some great battles this season. John H VS Julia Copper, Sid Kingsley VS Bailey, Payge VS Lauren. But I agree overall thisbis just not the season for battles. I hope the contestants improve A LOT in their KO's.

You’re forgetting Taryn vs. Worth the Wait. 😉