• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

not some of y'all trying to convince other people your snowflake is better using by all these music theory terms lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

If he wanted to do Billie Eilish, he should've done "when the party's over" - but I think something else by a different artist would've been an even better fit.

Now, this would have been a PERFECT song choice for Julia instead of wish u were gay. But, what's done is done

• Like 4

Is it just me or is Desz's higher range never as powerful as I expect it to be? Don't get me wrong, I love her lows and her runs are impeccable but her upper register can sound thin imo.

Edit: She did have some parts in her battle where her upper register sounded good, but overall I find it to be underwhelming compared to the richer parts of her voice.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, B-B said:

Aside from Joseph’s opening, that was excellent. Desz is becoming one of my all-time favorites

I think she has a great shot at the title if she remains consistent because she has the advantage that toneisha had and that is she can't be labelled as a screamer.

Just now, FloorWax said:

Is it just me or is Desz's higher range never as powerful as I expect it to be? Don't get me wrong, I love her lows and her runs are impeccable but her upper register can sound thin imo.

Agreed. In fact my favorite parts from both her blind and her battle were the ones where she stayed on the lower register. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Edit: She did have some parts in her battle where her upper register sounded good, but overall I find it to be underwhelming compared to the richer parts of her voice.

Yeah, she needs to work on her highs but I love it when female vocalists go low. In fact,the battle had an interesting dynamic with her taking care of the lower harmony and Joseph taking the highs.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, she needs to work on her highs but I love it when female vocalists go low. In fact,the battle had an interesting dynamic with her taking care of the lower harmony and Joseph taking the highs.

Joseph's highs and Desz's lows are what saved the battle for me.

• Like 1

Also, really looking forward to Julia vs John H. Like John said, that song, like pretty much all Stevie songs, has an insane chord modulation, and it´s not easy to handle, so who better than two singers with jazz influences and experience.

Also, props to John L for choosing such a fresh song for the show. "Summer Soft" is a straight deep cut in the Songs in the Key of Life album, one of the greatest records of all time.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, really looking forward to Julia vs John H. Like John said, that song, like pretty much all Stevie songs, has an insane chord modulation, and it´s not easy to handle, so who better than two singers with jazz influences and experience.

Also, props to John L for choosing such a fresh song for the show. "Summer Soft" is a straight deep cut in the Songs in the Key of Life album, one of the greatest records of all time.

Yup. And they’re closing

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Me too. I'm really curious to see how that works out. I saw some people saying on You Tube that John is so dumb, why he paired them together? But I seriously can't blame John L because Julia and Tamara are the only ones who can give some competition to John H.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Me too. I'm really curious to see how that works out. I saw some people saying on You Tube that John is so dumb, why he paired them together? But I seriously can't blame John L because Julia and Tamara are the only ones who can give some competition to John H.

They call him dumb for every pairing. I mean what is he supposed to do? 

• Like 3

Pretty even battle. R&B is not my thing but I really liked Joseph's smoothness here. Desz was good as well. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Joseph wins on the App. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah...social media and YouTube comments are something like 90/10 Taryn.

I too was shocked to see YT so in favor of Taryn when her BA didn't do super well on YT. I only saw 2 pro WTW comments of the ones I looked at and they were about the family dynamic I believe, no direct comparison to taryn.

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

I too was shocked to see YT so in favor of Taryn when her BA didn't do super well on YT. I only saw 2 pro WTW comments of the ones I looked at and they were about the family dynamic I believe, no direct comparison to taryn.

Honestly, Taryn really showed up in the battle. Wasn´t crazy about her BA but I get the hype now. She´s good. But it was expected that she was going to be the winner on social media even before the battle aired considering the audience´s dislike for duos/trios.

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, mariahmc said:

Ok so 

1. Desz slayed

2. Her range and runs are amazing

3. Joseph was great too 

taste!

anyway so what i'm thinking is desz > bailey > tamara. i know it sounds harsh but both of tamara's performances so far have been messy, and bailey actually did really good on Tennessee whiskey, though admittedly not beating sid. in my eyes, bailey is better than tamara, and if she continues putting out unpolished performances and bailey continues improving, i'll be happy to have john save bailey/chloe over tamara (especially since we are likely getting desz post-POs anyway)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Honestly, Taryn really showed up in the battle. Wasn´t crazy about her BA but I get the hype now. She´s good. But it was expected that she was going to be the winner on social media even before the battle aired considering the audience´s dislike for duos/trios.

even on YT, where they didn't bash them too much for being a trio, taryn won by a huge margin. they seemed to like the family dynamic in the BAs, so probably the win they gave to taryn there at least was more based on her talent :wub:

i agree that facebook was likely swayed by the trio aspect to a greater extent.

Edited by ashwinner
7 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

desz > bailey > tamara

TASTE! Bailey had a huge improvement for me in the Battles and definitely was way better than Tamara. But, Tamara have huge voice so anything could happen but I definitely have the same ranking among the 3. 😍

• Like 1

So, with this week´s pairings being set, on Monday we have:

G: Carter vs Larriah (save)

K: Kelsie vs Emmalee

B: Ian vs Aaron

G: Van vs Tori

B: Ben vs Sam

K: Marisa vs Ryan (save)

J: Casme vs Rio

G: Ryan vs Liam

J:  Cami vs James (steal)

Given that we´re getting 5 battles tonight instead of the usual six, montages included, we´re probably having 6 full battles and three montages. The boldes ones are the battles I think will be montaged. 

The steals and saves battles are they only ones we´re guaranteed are being shown in full.