The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

3 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yeah. It's just so INSENSITIVE to say such things, so please, stop. Thank you for saying this honey.

I mean (some) people have spent the last 5 years on idf wanting a Miranda lambert song sung so they can see Blake squirm.

The show though protects the coaches (I think rightly, I don’t watch tv to see people hurt/embarrassed) 

• Like 3

i assume rio vs casme will be shown in full because they are heavily featured in previews

there are exactly five battles that didn't end in a steal/save in which the winner didn't make lives (jusjon, van, casme, kelsie, ryan) so i thought they'd montage those

but since we are already getting jusjon vs payton in full i assume they'd also show casme vs rio and kelsie vs emmalee since both are allegedly really good

van vs tori and ryan vs liam is probably getting montaged so i don't see them montaging another team gwen battle

team john will be safe bcs the only other battle that didn't end in save/steal is being shown tonight

for team kelly i assume it'll be skylar vs tanner if it really was messy and if skylar (who got a much worse edit for her blind but was still received better)

that leaves us with two team blake montages i guess aaron vs ian and ben vs sam

Edited by antikid
2 minutes ago, antikid said:

i assume rio vs casme will be shown in full because they are heavily featured in previews

there are exactly five battles that didn't end in a steal/save in which the winner didn't make lives (jusjon, van, casme, kelsie, ryan) so i thought they'd montage those

but since we are already getting jusjon vs payton in full i assume they'd also show casme vs rio and kelsie vs emmalee since both are allegedly really good

van vs tori and ryan vs liam is probably getting montaged so i don't see them montaging another team gwen battle

team john will be safe bcs the only other battle that didn't end in save/steal is being shown tonight

for team kelly i assume it'll be skylar vs tanner if it really was messy and if skylar (who got a much worse edit for her blind but was still received better)

that leaves us with two team blake montages i guess aaron vs ian and ben vs sam

i actually think Kelsie vs Emmalee screams montage battle despite being apparently good. song choice feels like a montage song choice+kelsie not making lives 

My guesses for montages are: Sam vs Ben, Ian vs Aaron, Van vs Tori, Kelsie vs Emmalee, and one of Ryan/Liam and Chloe/Lain. Leaning towards Chloe/Lain.

Edited by FloorWax

Geez, this site goes wild at night :haha:

Let's just not judge people based on a song suggestion. No one here is obligated to know every detail about Kelly's discography and/or her personal life. The ones actually obligated to protect the coaches are TPTB, and based on Lain's audition, I'm sure they are well aware of that. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, seak05 said:

I mean (some) people have spent the last 5 years on idf wanting a Miranda lambert song sung so they can see Blake squirm.

The show though protects the coaches (I think rightly, I don’t watch tv to see people hurt/embarrassed) 

Nobody wants to see Blake squirm. But effectively banning her discography when so many of her songs would have been great choices for various artists is wrong. If Blake can’t handle that, it’s on him.

One way or another, I want Desz and Cami to go through. I think Desz is a lock, whether it’s from PV or CS. It’s a Kyla vs Pryor situation again. 
If Desz gets PV, I think Kelly will sage either Tanner or Cami...depends on their performance at that night. 
If Tanner gets PV, Desz is guaranteed a CS.

If Cami gets PV (honestly I’ll be pleasantly surprised), Kelly might save either Tanner or Desz. 
If Ryan gets PV, Kelly will save Desz.

in no way do I see Madeline moving forward, I wish she was on Team Gwen so she’d have a chance. And Gwen has done well with Brennley so Madeline would have been perfect

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ottoship said:

One way or another, I want Desz and Cami to go through. I think Desz is a lock, whether it’s from PV or CS. It’s a Kyla vs Pryor situation again. 
If Desz gets PV, I think Kelly will sage either Tanner or Cami...depends on their performance at that night. 
If Tanner gets PV, Desz is guaranteed a CS.

If Cami gets PV (honestly I’ll be pleasantly surprised), Kelly might save either Tanner or Desz. 
If Ryan gets PV, Kelly will save Desz.

in no way do I see Madeline moving forward, I wish she was on Team Gwen so she’d have a chance. And Gwen has done well with Brennley so Madeline would have been perfect

I Swear that'll be a very tough night for me. I agree The absolute lock is DeSz, I would LOVE to see Cami going into the next round but on paper Tanner( or Ryan if wins the 4-way KO)has a much better chance.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I Swear that'll be a very tough night for me. I agree The absolute lock is DeSz, I would LOVE to see Cami going into the next round but on paper Tanner( or Ryan if wins the 4-way KO)has a much better chance.

Hopefully it’s a Jackie foster situation with cami where she went to a very stacked team so everyone assumed she had no chance but still got a PV

2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Nobody wants to see Blake squirm. But effectively banning her discography when so many of her songs would have been great choices for various artists is wrong. If Blake can’t handle that, it’s on him.

There are literally thousands of country songs out there. And frankly for purposes of contestants on the show there are like 6 of her songs that would have been good choices tops (combination of hit/recognizable + more ballad type), and one of those is "over you" which Blake co-wrote (and has performed), and therefore they could probably sing. The big loss is "house that built me" although I also love "famous in a small town" it didn't even go top 10 at radio. Bluebird would be a solid choice, but it's really new. 

Also while you personally may have only wanted it for the artists to be able to sing it, there are others on here who were interested in the reaction. And regardless, if a contestant sang Miranda on the show, a lot of the focus would have been on Blake's reaction instead of the contestant. 

Edited by seak05
2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Why does that fall on Blake? The one in charge of allowing or not allowing music to be used on the show is all on Miranda and her people.

9 minutes ago, rp3598 said:

Hopefully it’s a Jackie foster situation with cami where she went to a very stacked team so everyone assumed she had no chance but still got a PV

Kelly's team is not that stacked. I'd say Ryan is likely to win the 4-way but it's still uncertain. Madeline and Tanner need to step up big time to consider all of Kelly's people to be contenders 

• Like 1

I see it like this so far (things could change, taking in account the quality of the performances, and Kelly´s reactions)

• Desz is pretty much a lock to advance, either by PV or CS. She´s not going anywhere. 
  • Tanner is still a threat, considering he´s country and Kelly seems very excited about him, and she loves her country males. He´s probably her CS if Desz gets the PV, but he could very well keep Minivan on their country loving tradition and score the PV. He also has a sad backstory and a great edit, that could influence as well.
  • Cami is in a delicate position, she´s probably not the most obvious candidate for the PV, and when it comes to CS, every one of Kelly´s past saves in the playoffs has gone to one of her original team members (D.R, Kymberli, Jej, Shane Q, Megan), never to her steals. So, she has a mountain to climb on this team.
  • Madeline is done. Period.
  • Ryan G. is the silent killer here. First, he has to win the 4 way KO, and if he does, he´s probably going to shake things up. He might get the PV considering his impressive numbers and the huge love he´s getting from Minivan. Not to mention, he could get the CS, perhaps Kelly has total faith in him winning the 4 way KO, which is why she put him there, and she might come to his rescue again if needed. I mean, her reaction to his auditions says it all.

27 minutes ago, antikid said:

Kelly's team is not that stacked. I'd say Ryan is likely to win the 4-way but it's still uncertain. Madeline and Tanner need to step up big time to consider all of Kelly's people to be contenders 

tanner does need to step it up to be considered a contender in terms of idf's favorite, but i think he will do fine with minivan and the voice's overall audience as is

3 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

tanner does need to step it up to be considered a contender in terms of idf's favorite, but i think he will do fine with minivan and the voice's overall audience as is

In such a country-heavy season, especially with Blake bringing so many country acts to the lives and also some that are somewhat similar to Tanner, he definitely needs to step it up for them to push for him

• Like 1
Just now, antikid said:

In such a country-heavy season, especially with Blake bringing so many country acts to the lives and also some that are somewhat similar to Tanner, he definitely needs to step it up for them to push for him

that's a really good point. if he doesn't get pv though, i feel like kelly might turn to him? 

8 hours ago, Daillon said:

I mean, Kelly has plenty of great ballads so I don’t think losing Piece By Piece is a problem. I would love for someone to sing Sober, which hasn’t been sung on the show iirc.

If I had any kind of talent and lived in the US, my audition song would be Sober, FOR SURE. I thought maybe I could redo Irvine in a more competitive way, but that would be a death sentence. 

20 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

that's a really good point. if he doesn't get pv though, i feel like kelly might turn to him? 

I think that'd depend who the PV goes to, tbh; from what I'm seeing Kelly's team is the real "wildcard" on who the PV will go to, since there's three (and may eventually have a fourth) very real possibilities here whereas on other teams we can at least guess who the one or two most likely people will be.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, seak05 said:

Does anybody knows if Miranda Lambert is banned or something? I mean, she seems happy with her husband, Blake is marrying Gwen and Mamma's Broken Heart is an amazing rock-country crossover.  

• Like 1
Just now, SNI2 said:

Does anybody knows if Miranda Lambert is banned or something? I mean, she seems happy with her husband, Blake is marrying Gwen and Mamma's Broken Heart is an amazing rock-country crossover.  

I don't know if it's officially banned, but I can imagine it's a "soft ban" since even though Blake's moved on I could still see it being hard for him to be 100% impartial on a song his ex wife wrote/performs, and Blake is the main audience view magnet so keeping him happy is in the producers' best interests.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, seak05 said:

There are literally thousands of country songs out there. And frankly for purposes of contestants on the show there are like 6 of her songs that would have been good choices tops (combination of hit/recognizable + more ballad type), and one of those is "over you" which Blake co-wrote (and has performed), and therefore they could probably sing. The big loss is "house that built me" although I also love "famous in a small town" it didn't even go top 10 at radio. Bluebird would be a solid choice, but it's really new. 

Also while you personally may have only wanted it for the artists to be able to sing it, there are others on here who were interested in the reaction. And regardless, if a contestant sang Miranda on the show, a lot of the focus would have been on Blake's reaction instead of the contestant. 

“Tin Man” would be good on the show, but it’s not gonna happen. 

You say there are thousands of country songs. The reality is there aren’t many mainstream females with current hits that would do well on the show. Carrie is tough to pull off, and Maren and Kelsea are pop singers. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1