• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

not some of y'all trying to convince other people your snowflake is better using by all these music theory terms lmao

Posted Images

I'm a Payge stan, but Lauren really surprised me. She had the more polished vocal imo. I would pick Payge simply because I find her to be more interesting and unique of an artist, but I wouldn't be mad at Gwen if she chose Lauren after that.

• Like 4

I prefer Payge for the competition, but Lauren won the battle, IMO, but I think either of them would have a difficult time getting enough votes to make the finale, so this decision seems inconsequential. Facebook hasn’t been subjected to the IDF hype for Payge, so it’s not surprising they’re seeing it differently than many here are. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, antikid said:

I didn't go deep but facebook is mostly praising Lauren, kinda disappointed they don't get Payge's artistry 

Disappointed but not surprised. I bet Lauren wins on the Voice app on Monday.

Edited by Daillon
6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Facebook hasn’t been subjected to the IDF hype for Payge, so it’s not surprising they’re seeing it differently than many here are. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't CammWess only become popular after his KO?

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't CammWess only become popular after his KO?

yeah, many people have their breakout moments during the knockouts but comparing payge directly to camm is tough one for payge. his blind and battle were decent, good at best. payge has been killing it and while i do expect her to outdo her prior performances on creep i don't think it'll be the same gap as camm's say something in comparison to senorita. the only thing that gives me hope is that creep is song minivan is familiar with opposed to her battle song and to a lesser extent her ba song

Edited by antikid
3 minutes ago, antikid said:

yeah, many people have their breakout moments during the knockouts but comparing payge directly to camm is tough one for payge. his blind and battle were decent, good at best. payge has been killing it and while i do expect her to outdo her prior performances on creep i don't think it'll be the same gap as camm's say something in comparison to senorita

Yeah, the gap of improvement is a good factor for votes, especially considering everybody was rooting for Camm to succeed after he was sabotaged in his battle. Either way, battles may make people notice certain artists, but KOs are were the frontrunners emerge and when we know who are the people getting the support needed. And apparently Payge had a big moment there, and she will be able to shine by herself instead of sharing the performance with a partner, so let´s see.

• Like 2

Remember Zan vs Brittney where they each took a verse and harmonized on the choruses and people in the comments were complaining about how John set it up for Brittney to sing backup just because Zan took the first half? Wonder why that's not happening here.

Edit: Well, maybe because Payge vs Lauren is a more even matchup

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

I might be way off here, but something that might harm Payge’s breakout moment when compared to Chloe or CammWess is that she didn’t take part on a steal/save situation. Plus with that info we know she is not getting the pimp spot in the KOs, they usually go to a KO with a steal.

In addition to that, I think Payge is too alternative for this show’s audience. That might be the main problem when it comes to getting the voters’ support.

Edited by Daillon
40 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I prefer Payge for the competition, but Lauren won the battle, IMO, but I think either of them would have a difficult time getting enough votes to make the finale, so this decision seems inconsequential. Facebook hasn’t been subjected to the IDF hype for Payge, so it’s not surprising they’re seeing it differently than many here are. 

Agreed. Lauren won that for me. Although, I think Lauren face a better chance of getting votes than Payge does. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

IT's Lauren vs Payge

Lauren lucked out on that one.

It was a pretty even battle but the song suited Lauren's voice better so I'd say she won that battle. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Disappointed but not surprised. I bet Lauren wins on the Voice app on Monday.

Losing to Lauren (a contestant with basically zero hype) on the app would mean that Payge's minimal chances of becoming a frontrunner are over. 😔

Just now, echoap said:

Losing to Lauren (a contestant with basically zero hype) on the app would mean that Payge's minimal chances of becoming a frontrunner are over. 😔

Yep, that´s what happened to Domenic and we knew right there he wasn´t going to last long. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, echoap said:

Yep, and unfortunately that's not unlikely to happen... 

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, echoap said:

All I care for now is that Payge gets the PO save, so that we can get at least one or two performances more from her. We all know she wasn’t winning but hopefully she makes it as far as possible. 

• Like 4
Just now, Daillon said:

All I care for now is that Payge gets the PO save, so that we can get at least one or two performances more from her. We all know she wasn’t winning but hopefully she makes it as far as possible. 

That's very possible, imo 😊. Gwen may not be good at winning but she  certainly recognizes talent. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yep, that´s what happened to Domenic and we knew right there he wasn´t going to last long. 

Yeah, Domenic is a good example that losing to a 'normal' contestant is a pretty bad sign. Kyndal Inskeep, Celia Babini and Khalea come to mind as well.

Edited by echoap
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Daillon said:

I am really hoping that Payge slays her KO. Y’all remember when everyone thought Micah was screwed when Tayler(a normal contestant) destroyed him in the KOs, then he slayed his playoff performance, and then he made it to finale.

• Like 1

After rewatching it more and more I think Lauren easily won that particular battle. Gwen went with Payge for some reason. There is something special about payge that is so hard to ignore but yeah for this particular battle Lauren is the winner.