Damn that was good. I would go with Payge but Lauren stepped it up massively,her voice was almost unrecognizable from her blind. Seems like Gwen´s team might not be as weak as everyone thought.

On a separate note, I like that they reduced the number of canned applause  here, I was able to listen to them perfectly without that.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

not some of y'all trying to convince other people your snowflake is better using by all these music theory terms lmao

Posted Images

Just now, ashwinner said:

ahhhh since they let it out at 9 AM PST now, it gets released just as class starts 😭, I have to wait till 10:10 to be able to listen

Just skip class ❤️

• Haha 10
Just now, Misirlou said:

Damn that was good. I would go with Payge but Lauren stepped it up massively,her voice was almost unrecognizable from her blind. Seems like Gwen´s team might not be as weak as everyone thought.

On a separate note, I like that they reduced the number of canned applause  here, I was able to listen to them perfectly without that.

I thought that said canned applesauce

• Haha 12
3 minutes ago, Mistake006 said:

Great song choice too, Gwen is always really good with that

Gwen's song choices are generally the strongest in the battle rounds because she has a knack for finding things that even the playing field so that neither artist has a huge advantage over the other (see: James vs. Kyndal + Royce vs. Kiara in S17 or Troy vs. Menlik in S7).

• Like 3

its ap psych so i wouldn't mind, my teacher is just going over the notes we had to take for homework :yawn:

As someone who studies psych full-time at the moment I feel like I should be mad at that but honestly if you dipped out I wouldn't blame you.

• Haha 1

I have only watched it once but I would say it’s the best battle we had in a long time. I think song choice was a big part of that.

Lauren was fantastic, specially impressive because her blind was pretty underwhelming. I would give her a 9 - 9.5.

Payge tho... It will be hard for her to do something better than that.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1
Just now, pauwis said:

I hate Gwen pairings. WHY DID THIS??. Should will keep a both

Same. She could’ve paired up Van vs Payge and Tori vs Lauren and well....let’s say that would’ve allowed Gwen to have a Lauren/Payge/Carter top 3 :/

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Just skip class ❤️

okay i just left from audio and listened LMAO and it was SO worth it! That was incredible!! Lauren showed more versatility and Payge showed that her higher notes could be really strong, which was really my only grievance from her BA (her higher notes sounding thinner)! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Same. She could’ve paired up Van vs Payge and Tori vs Lauren and well....let’s say that would’ve allowed Gwen to have a Lauren/Payge/Carter top 3 :/

yay!!! so happy that idf is taking a liking to lauren. i loved her BA but i know it wasn't popular here. i heard her KO was shaky but i also heard she decimated her opponent, so i wonder what will happen there!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

okay i just left from audio and listened LMAO and it was SO worth it! That was incredible!! Lauren showed more versatility and Payge showed that her higher notes could be really strong, which was really my only grievance from her BA (her higher notes sounding thinner)! 

I noticed that as well, her high notes came out much more stronger than in her blind. 

• Like 3

yay!!! so happy that idf is taking a liking to lauren. i loved her BA but i know it wasn't popular here. i heard her KO was shaky but i also heard she decimated her opponent, so i wonder what will happen there!

Lauren is one of my faves! I LOVED her BA tbh, and her covers are insaneee

• Like 2
Just now, pauwis said:

I hate Gwen pairings. WHY DID THIS??. Should will keep a both

I'd have loved to see what direction she'd have taken Lauren but these two were likely the hardest to match up on her team - Lauren's tonally pretty unique (the "wiggly vibrato" as Gwen dubbed it makes her distinctive but makes song choices harder) while Payge's killer lower register and genre fusion makes it difficult to find someone that can do all of the same things while complementing her in areas where she needs a boost.

For example, Payge's higher notes in her blind were decent but weaker in comparison to her lows. On the other hand, Lauren's range doesn't dip as low as Payge's but she has decent support throughout her range - this means she can tackle higher notes than Payge but still blend well with her since there's a high and a low harmony vs. two highs or two lows. It also helps that their distinctive tones happen to blend well, but that seems like it may have been a gamble since both are more unique acts within the cast this season.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Van vs. Payge wasn't a pairing I'd toyed with, but that makes more sense than a Payge vs. Tori matchup.

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

I'd have loved to see what direction she'd have taken Lauren but these two were likely the hardest to match up on her team - Lauren's tonally pretty unique (the "wiggly vibrato" as Gwen dubbed it makes her distinctive but makes song choices harder) while Payge's killer lower register and genre fusion makes it difficult to find someone that can do all of the same things while complementing her in areas where she needs a boost.

For example, Payge's higher notes in her blind were decent but weaker in comparison to her lows. On the other hand, Lauren's range doesn't dip as low as Payge's but she has decent support throughout her range - this means she can tackle higher notes than Payge but still blend well with her since there's a high and a low harmony vs. two highs or two lows. It also helps that their distinctive tones happen to blend well, but that seems like it may have been a gamble since both are more unique acts within the cast this season.

I think it was a great pairing, the gamble really paid off!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Mismo. Ella podría haber emparejado a Van vs Payge y Tori vs Lauren y bueno ... digamos que eso le hubiera permitido a Gwen tener un top 3 de Lauren / Payge / Carter: /

YES.

and, i love John but let go a Lauren, am sad. I waiting Bailey will are great and grow up 

pd: i liked blind of Lauren

• Like 1

I think it was a great pairing, the gamble really paid off!

Same - this wasn't the pairing I was expecting before we knew battle pair-ups but it worked out and this seems like it's going to be a tough battle to beat in the "best battles of the season" category.

• Like 2
Just now, VintageVoice said:

this seems like it's going to be a tough battle to beat in the "best battles of the season" category.

Really? If so, this season’s battles are going to be trash. 😅

• Confused 4

I know a lot of people like to hate on Gwen, but she has served some great battles on the course of the show: Korin vs Chance, Rose vs Jessie, Kyndal vs James, Troy vs Menlik, Royce vs Kiara, Ellie vs Tim, Stephanie vs Caroline, and now Payge vs Lauren. She has a knack for finding the perfect songs for her pairings.

• Like 7