The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

okay i just left from audio and listened LMAO and it was SO worth it! That was incredible!! Lauren showed more versatility and Payge showed that her higher notes could be really strong, which was really my only grievance from her BA (her higher notes sounding thinner)! 

I noticed that as well, her high notes came out much more stronger than in her blind. 

• Like 3

Just now, ashwinner said:

yay!!! so happy that idf is taking a liking to lauren. i loved her BA but i know it wasn't popular here. i heard her KO was shaky but i also heard she decimated her opponent, so i wonder what will happen there!

Lauren is one of my faves! I LOVED her BA tbh, and her covers are insaneee

• Like 2

Just now, pauwis said:

I hate Gwen pairings. WHY DID THIS??. Should will keep a both

I'd have loved to see what direction she'd have taken Lauren but these two were likely the hardest to match up on her team - Lauren's tonally pretty unique (the "wiggly vibrato" as Gwen dubbed it makes her distinctive but makes song choices harder) while Payge's killer lower register and genre fusion makes it difficult to find someone that can do all of the same things while complementing her in areas where she needs a boost.

For example, Payge's higher notes in her blind were decent but weaker in comparison to her lows. On the other hand, Lauren's range doesn't dip as low as Payge's but she has decent support throughout her range - this means she can tackle higher notes than Payge but still blend well with her since there's a high and a low harmony vs. two highs or two lows. It also helps that their distinctive tones happen to blend well, but that seems like it may have been a gamble since both are more unique acts within the cast this season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

I'd have loved to see what direction she'd have taken Lauren but these two were likely the hardest to match up on her team - Lauren's tonally pretty unique (the "wiggly vibrato" as Gwen dubbed it makes her distinctive but makes song choices harder) while Payge's killer lower register and genre fusion makes it difficult to find someone that can do all of the same things while complementing her in areas where she needs a boost.

For example, Payge's higher notes in her blind were decent but weaker in comparison to her lows. On the other hand, Lauren's range doesn't dip as low as Payge's but she has decent support throughout her range - this means she can tackle higher notes than Payge but still blend well with her since there's a high and a low harmony vs. two highs or two lows. It also helps that their distinctive tones happen to blend well, but that seems like it may have been a gamble since both are more unique acts within the cast this season.

I think it was a great pairing, the gamble really paid off!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Mismo. Ella podría haber emparejado a Van vs Payge y Tori vs Lauren y bueno ... digamos que eso le hubiera permitido a Gwen tener un top 3 de Lauren / Payge / Carter: /

YES.

and, i love John but let go a Lauren, am sad. I waiting Bailey will are great and grow up 

pd: i liked blind of Lauren

• Like 1

I know a lot of people like to hate on Gwen, but she has served some great battles on the course of the show: Korin vs Chance, Rose vs Jessie, Kyndal vs James, Troy vs Menlik, Royce vs Kiara, Ellie vs Tim, Stephanie vs Caroline, and now Payge vs Lauren. She has a knack for finding the perfect songs for her pairings.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I know a lot of people like to hate on Gwen, but she has served some great battles on the course of the show: Korin vs Chance, Rose vs Jessie, Kyndal vs James, Troy vs Menlik, Royce vs Kiara, Ellie vs Tim, Stephanie vs Caroline, and now Payge vs Lauren. She has a knack for finding the perfect songs for her pairings.

Preach Tell Me GIF by chelsiekenyon

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Really? If so, this season’s battles are going to be trash. 😅

There's definitely some good ones (especially compared to last season) but this was quite solid - the ones I could see also going up there at the moment are Cami vs. James (their song seems to fit really well in both artists' wheelhouse), Casme vs. Rio (since the rumor mill says that was really impressive), and Marisa vs. Ryan (Celine is hard to do well but if Marisa kicked Ryan's behind when Ryan can clearly sing well from a technical angle, that should be a strong matchup). Of the Team Blake battles, I think Taryn vs. WTW will end up being the strongest (and it seems like a fun song choice) so from his team that's the one I'm most looking forward to; from Team Gwen, this was the battle I was most interested in, so we'll see how the rest go for her team.

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

My favorite things about Gwen is she seems to always find contestants that can really step up and  grow.  Lauren here really stepped it up here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

the ones I could see also going up there at the moment are Cami vs. James (their song seems to fit really well in both artists' wheelhouse), Casme vs. Rio (since the rumor mill says that was really impressive), and Marisa vs. Ryan (Celine is hard to do well but if Marisa kicked Ryan's behind when Ryan can clearly sing well from a technical angle, that should be a strong matchup).

Well, I’m looking forward to these three, but when you say that Payge and Lauren’s pretty good battle is a contender for the best battle of the season, it doesn’t really shed a good light on the rest of the Battles. 😅

Edited by Bk1234
  • Confused 2