The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I thought WTW's audition was decent, but I don't think the song choice really allowed it to go anywhere. And as said above, the harmonies weren't really as tight as they should be. However, I've listened to plenty of their IG videos, and they harmonize BEAUTIFULLY over there, so I still have hope for them to improve as they get comfortable with the stage and receive proper coaching. Looking at how the sources described their KO, I'm really excited to see it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Male. In the promo, at 0:06 there´s a closeup of feet moving.

Only males left with chair turns are James, John S, and Lain. If it were a chair turner, I'd guess James because I believe he sang Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles. 

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if WTW were pimped all the way to the Finale, just because they are different (not in terms of genre, but let's face it, the Voice is coalescing into a sea of R&B/country singers at this point). It's kind of interesting to have a mom-daughter group; I know this is just a show and many of the top acts are outdated/treating this for local visibility, but record labels likely wouldn't know how to handle this (it worked in the 80s with the Judds, but that's the extent, and that was eons ago).

Still kind of surprising TPTB want to showcase country so much this season, given Jake Hoot and Todd Tilghman were the winners and television usually likes diversity rather than homogenity. But man, are all 16 acts carried to the lives are all country/soul-leaning? The only one who stands out from that list is Cami Clune, who will need a whole deal of "coaching" to navigate through early elimination pitfalls of previous archetypes (like Brooke Adee and others). It feels like every season, the top five is made up of archetypes exactly like Tamara Jade/DesZ versus Ben Allens/Jim Rangers, with maybe a lone non soul/country straggler somehow "lucky" enough to sneak in. This incarnation was basically with Cristina Rae/Broken Roots in AGT this summer. Groundhoggish--all these shows have lapsed into the same methodology. And with Kelly getting Tanner Gomes and Gwen with Ben Allen, it's definitely shaping into a country male fistfight where two or three might be in the top 5 provided a canceling out effect.

Early iterations of the Voice, Blake actually carried guys like Jermaine Paul to victory. Chloe was impressive, because she was different. Hard to see those happening in this environment. After winning with a country?/Christian type winner, he's quintupling down on 4 country acts (Avril Lavigne "you wanna be a pop star" Jim Ranger, Ian Flanigan, WTW, his nominated act Papa). I'm lumping country-Sturgill-Bob Dylan adjacent Sid Kingsley in that mix as well, as the retro folksy vibe is most adjacent to country in today's enviro. At least Ranger and Flanigan are non-Southerners, and I wonder if that's by design--demographics can play a role in voting, and not sure country singers from Cali/NY really rouse the voting blocs. Figure one of them will be Austin Jenckes'd, if not earlier. Watch out for Tennessee native Ben Allen with Gwen, although Gwen's coach voting bloc isn't as strong as the others. 

The unspoken truth about this show is that pop-leaning and rock singers are just there for the illusion of diversity/optics, but are given short shrift by both the coaches and the voters. Not surprisingly the Limp Bizkit/Fuel guys were sacked before the voting rounds.  Not surprisingly, the marketable ones, even for country, are eliminated before voting or just early on (Melanie Martinez, Morgan Wallen!, Andrew Jannakos). Wallen and Martinez have never been featured on the show despite their success, which makes this weird, but unsurprising. And the show can't bring back their former winners to sing songs because the general public would have forgotten who they were. But as a TV show, this blueprint is predictable, samey-samey, and is a carbon copy of previous seasons.

• Like 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

OMG, tell her that I’m obsessed with her voice! :wub: 

I sure will. It would be my pleasure to tell her. Both of the girls are fantastic. Not only in terms of vocals (they each have their own style) but they are just fantastic humans. My sis, Tara, is the same way. I’m so proud of them!  Thank you for your support!💜

• Like 6

Just now, Froggesam said:

I sure will. It would be my pleasure to tell her. Both of the girls are fantastic. Not only in terms of vocals (they each have their own style) but they are just fantastic humans. My sis, Tara, is the same way. I’m so proud of them!  Thank you for your support!💜

Thank you! ☺️ Danielle Bradbery is my favorite the Voice contestant of all-time and this is the first time in years that I have felt those same vibes from someone. 💖 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Froggesam said:

Lol do they know about IDF?

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Thank you! ☺️ Danielle Bradbery is my favorite the Voice contestant of all-time and this is the first time in years that I have felt those same vibes from someone. 💖 

WOW!! That make my heart smile.... what a complement! Keep wait to share that with her. She will be over the moon...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Froggesam said:

So when all 3 sisters performed together they were called The Matthews Sisters. They sing ALL genres of music. I can tell you that what you see is what you get as far as being authentic to who they are. I’m very proud of my sister and nieces. It wasn’t their best performance but I can promise it gets way better... it’s

WORTH THE WAIT! 😉oh yeah, Mia (16) sings lead

Jacy(14) sings high harmony 

Tara( ??😂) sings low harmony

Fair I wasn’t meaning anything negative. I was just saying I don’t see them as a country trio... I see them more as a variety group. And of course they are talented. I’m sure the audition was nervewracking. Also I wish I could listen to their Pill For This cover again... I think they covered this. Good luck to them the rest of the way. I’m sure you are so proud of them. Now I’m going to look up the Matthews singers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blirel said:

Fair I wasn’t meaning anything negative. I was just saying I don’t see them as a country trio... I see them more as a variety group. And of course they are talented. I’m sure the audition was nervewracking. Also I wish I could listen to their Pill For This cover again... I think they covered this. Good luck to them the rest of the way. I’m sure you are so proud of them. Now I’m going to look up the Matthews singers. 

Naw it’s all good!  The whole family is super proud of them.... thank you and I will pass on the good luck vibes to them.  

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I haven’t had a chance to watch the audition yet, but I just wanted to say I doubt anyone believes you had multiple sources feeding you info that the rest of us didn’t have. 🙃

I do recall seeing Taryn > WTW in the feedback that was posted here. I’ll judge for myself when it airs. 

Y'all have your sources I have mine. There are at least 4-5 people who told me about their battle. but again everyone have their own personal opinion so you don't have to agree with them.

• Like 1

After thinking on this more, I believe WTW is the ultimate minivan bait, with the mom and two teen daughters. If they can sing decently live and prepare performances on short notice, they win. That’s easier said than done, however. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, season1 said:

Oh. Please tell them I "borrowed" one of their logos (from FB) for the fan thread. If they have an objection to that, I can remove it. loZ0xpz.gif

I will pass the word... I’m sure it’s no big thing. Which one is it? Can you post it on here...