The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

45 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Personally thought they were pretty equal to Taryn. Taryn's blind was a bit more consistent, but as a whole WTW's performance was more interesting than hers.

i think that wtw, being a trio, was more interesting and surprising, but faltered at parts or went flat. meanwhile, taryn gave a great performance throughout that was muffled somewhat by bandzilla, so i guess i'd agree. if i were to pick just based on this performance, i'd say taryn, but if wtw fixes their inconsistencies, i'd go w them because they're a trio and can do a lot more

• Like 3

Can I just say I was following Worth The Wait when they were a duo for a while with just the two sisters (must’ve been after the 3rd sister left and later the mom joined) and they weren’t one ounce of country back then. I still think they lack authenticity even if there harmonies are pretty strong. I do think the youngest is the strongest vocalist of the three. I think the mom might be a weak point as she mainly does the lower harmonies I think and might not stand out as much. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Blirel said:

Can I just say I was following Worth The Wait when they were a duo for a while with just the two sisters (must’ve been after the 3rd sister left and later the mom joined) and they weren’t one ounce of country back then. I still think they lack authenticity even if there harmonies are pretty strong. I do think the youngest is the strongest vocalist of the three. I think the mom might be a weak point as she mainly does the lower harmonies I think and might not stand out as much. 

Like yes they covered some country but mostly worship and pop music. I just didn’t see them as country

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

I wasn't there but multiple sources told me that even if Mia was WTW's best but they were overall better than Taryn and Taryn didin't show off her range in a proper way. But that was their's opinions so you may or may not agree.

I haven’t had a chance to watch the audition yet, but I just wanted to say I doubt anyone believes you had multiple sources feeding you info that the rest of us didn’t have. 🙃

I do recall seeing Taryn > WTW in the feedback that was posted here. I’ll judge for myself when it airs. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

Somewhat off-topic: I know John has made many questionable decisions in the past, but it seems really weird that she would drop both Cami and Julia (funnily enough, both against John H). Maelyn and Zan were his favorites in their respective seasons so I would assume he would keep around at least one of them.

Playing the devil's advocate I'd say John kinda knew that Cami was getting the steal, so it was a win win for him. Also there's a chance the coaches also knew we're going to have the 1 finalist per coach format again and he really wants to take either John Holiday or Tamara to the Finale so he didn't need Cami anymore. 

1 hour ago, Blirel said:

So when all 3 sisters performed together they were called The Matthews Sisters. They sing ALL genres of music. I can tell you that what you see is what you get as far as being authentic to who they are. I’m very proud of my sister and nieces. It wasn’t their best performance but I can promise it gets way better... it’s

WORTH THE WAIT! 😉oh yeah, Mia (16) sings lead

Jacy(14) sings high harmony 

Tara( ??😂) sings low harmony

Edited by Froggesam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3