The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

14 minutes ago, Catsy said:

ugh, i hate multiples on this show.  wasn't thrilled about duos either.  

i just think multiples have certain advantage over solo singers because they can harmonize.

If they have an advantage, why do they so rarely advance to the end?

3 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Lemme just add too. Marisa and Ryan got a popular classic song, which might be a key for Ryan to have that attention. Him being destroyed by Marisa isn't yet confirmed, sometimes the sources had different opinions than team minivan over the past few seasons lol.

AND wasn't Samantha also the ONLY country gal on the 4-way last season? Well... she had a great song too, but well.

Minivan also favored Michael because of his battle rounds, he had a popular classic song + good battle partner. That fits with Ryan G. as well, as well as the viewers find him attractive. I am not sure about Taryn though, Cry might be a big song, but it isn't well received when it comes to The Voice due to lackluster performances of it, which might be a hindrance for Taryn.

BUT THIS IS ALL MY OPINION OKAY? I think it will depend on the battles for sure

Cry is a big song, but Taryn can 100% handle it. You are saying that it isn't well received due to lackluster performances, but from everything I've seen of pre-show Taryn, she will be everything but lackluster. I think she will kill the song. Honestly, there is no question in my mind of who will impress me the most. Even objectively speaking, Taryn  will have the most power out of anyone there and her song fits her perfectly. I think she still has a shot, though I would say that Ryan has a better chance at winning, solely because of Minivan (not at all related to how well she would sing the song).

[Obligatory, no offense, I'm just trying to put forth my opinion here :)]

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Samantha’s performance of Always On My Mind wasn’t very good. 

Exactly this. As much as I loved Samantha, when she tried to go into her head voice (?) it was noticeably off, and although her performance was better than TMH and Nelson's, it was not as consistent as Michael (though I preferred her tone).

Just now, ashwinner said:

im actually really looking forward to seeing wtw, which seems most likely :D.

I expect them to be the leak, but we've had two country leaks already and Linda Ronstadt is country-rock on that particular song, while Julia is genre-wise different than the rest of the leaks and would add some variety.

Just now, VintageVoice said:

I expect them to be the leak, but we've had two country leaks already and Linda Ronstadt is country-rock on that particular song, while Julia is genre-wise different than the rest of the leaks and would add some variety.

i would say that julia being a 2 chair turn would make it harder for her, but carter was the leak (much to the surprise to many of us), so perhaps it will be julia! 

i would say that if wtw isn't the leak, then she'll probably be the opener?

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i would say that julia being a 2 chair turn would make it harder for her, but carter was the leak (much to the surprise to many of us), so perhaps it will be julia! 

Julia was a 3 chair turn

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I thought Julia was a 3 chair turn

2 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

IMO idk what it is but Julia kind of resembles Zan for me. Her tone and her face. Did Zan come back LMFAOO? 

And 3 chairs minus Blake, Team Legend as well, doing a Maggie Rogers song. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Same, i wonder if she'll continue to be this popular in the future (As i've said before, i'm really hoping that we're looking at our first AA female winner, though i know it's a very long shot)

She’s guaranteed making Top 9 though. If she doesn’t get PV (which will honestly be shocking), she will get Kelly’s save for sure. Kelly tries to hold on to her four chair turns (ex. Jej, Shane) for as long as possible. 

1 hour ago, VoiceFan! said:

Just remember that Michael beat a 2 chair, 3 chair and a 4 chair when he was also montaged. However I bet that Ryan will win the 4 way KO

Couple things. Number of chair turns is next to meaningless by the time they get to the KO. Also...what happened in the 4-way KO last time has no bearing on what will happen this time. I couldn’t even remember everyone who was in it, so I just looked. What an incredibly weak foursome that was. I remember the poll, “Who did you vote for in the 4-way KO.”  I replied “none.”  You can go look it up in the thread if you want. They were all terrible. 

As for Samantha being a “country singer,” she said she wasn’t a country singer, on national TV,  following her blind audition. Personally, she struck me as more country, but as soon as she said that, she lost her country cred with any country fan who was paying attention. This time, we’re talking about an actual country singer on the country singing coach’s team. Maybe it will be enough, maybe it won’t. I have no idea, and neither does anyone else. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

She’s guaranteed making Top 9 though. If she doesn’t get PV (which will honestly be shocking), she will get Kelly’s save for sure. Kelly tries to hold on to her four chair turns (ex. Jej, Shane) for as long as possible. 

You really like saying “guaranteed” and “for sure.”  You’re probably right about this one, though. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

For those of you saying DeSz was underwhelming ( which I thought she was on fire ) her BA was her best performance so far I saw her battle and KO and they were not as good ass her BA

Now I am worried, I hope she lives up to the hype, and not just become a one trick pony (like what happened with Sandyredd on S15)

One trick pony wasn't the word since Sandy have had good performances, but it did not went with the hype she received during the BA

Edited by anonymouskid_35

7 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

For those of you saying DeSz was underwhelming ( which I thought she was on fire ) her BA was her best performance so far I saw her battle and KO and they were not as good ass her BA

Her blind was good, but not the showstopper I expected from the hype. Do you think she fairly beat her Battle and KO opponents or were they better than her? Or was it close? If you don´t mind me asking.