The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Or Tanner 

Could be. But he´s gonna be in the middle of the episode given that Desz hasn´t even picked her coach and they wouldn´t have another Kelly artist after that, and I doubt they would want him to close, given that again, a team Kelly artist just closed.

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Is it just wishful thinking when I say I feel like Gwen's going to save Payge if that situation comes?

Probably, unfortunately - see seems to be really attached to Carter based on source notes (see: shouting "my baby!" at the start of his KO). I don't mind Carter, but if it comes down between him and Payge I think the latter would be more interesting song-wise and would add variety to the show. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Could be. But he´s gonna be in the middle of the episode given that Desz hasn´t even picked her coach and they wouldn´t have another Kelly artist after that, and I doubt they would want him to close, given that again, a team Kelly artist just closed.

I think if Julia isn’t on tomorrow, Tanner is 100% closing. Heck I think he could close even with Julia on the episode. Last week both John Holiday and Sid closed on different episodes (both Team John) I don’t think production cares that much

edit: then again I doubt Julia closes tomorrow (even if she has been my prediction to close literally all this time lol) since that would mean someone from Team John closed 4/5 episodes (with James Pyle closing next Monday)

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

Looking through Dustin Lynch's discography (since we know that's who Tanner sang but not which song) and there's one song I recognize on this list - I like the song, too, so I'm crossing my fingers for it but I am not the best at guessing what people will sing, so I don't expect it to be the one he "chose" for his blind.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Bold prediction: Tanner will be really good and IDF will love him 😂 (Half joking, it could happen).

I think if he wasn't in a season as crowded with country guys, the odds of IDF enjoying him would go up a bit (not much, mind you, but somewhat). I'm expecting his turn rate to be between Ian and Jim's since we know Blake sits out on him and Blake hesitating may give some of the audience a bit of pause on "why didn't he turn?" but tonally I expect him to be less divisive than Ian. 

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I think if he wasn't in a season as crowded with country guys, the odds of IDF enjoying him would go up a bit (not much, mind you, but somewhat). I'm expecting his turn rate to be between Ian and Jim's since we know Blake sits out on him and Blake hesitating may give some of the audience a bit of pause on "why didn't he turn?" but tonally I expect him to be less divisive than Ian. 

I checked the spoilers and seems that he only had one spot left on his team, and a team full of country guys, so he probably wanted to change things up a bit, and eventually gave that spot to Worth the Wait.

I checked the spoilers and seems that he only had one spot left on his team, and a team full of country guys, so he probably wanted to change things up a bit, and eventually gave that spot to Worth the Wait.

Yeah, but since most casual voters don't check here they're not gonna know that - so while it's easy enough to find here, people like my mom (who watch the show but aren't super invested) might think twice if they see their favorite coach sit out on him.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, just noticed that Kelly seemed calmer in Desz´s audition than Tamara´s. Granted, we still haven´t seen her reaction when she picks her, but still.

Cue Kelly losing her mind in 3, 2...

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Yeah, but since most casual voters don't check here they're not gonna know that - so while it's easy enough to find here, people like my mom (who watch the show but aren't super invested) might think twice if they see their favorite coach sit out on him.

Could be, but that didn´t stop you know who from winning, and on Kelly´s team as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, just noticed that Kelly seemed calmer in Desz´s audition than Tamara´s. Granted, we still haven´t seen her reaction when she picks her, but still.

A lot of explanations for this though.

Tamara = end of taping 1; maybe anxious/excited for lunch/dinner

DeSz = almost end of taping 2; maybe more tired/groggy from lunch/ready to go home.

Also, maybe she didn't expect DeSz to go with her.

Could be, but that didn´t stop you know who from winning, and on Kelly´s team as well.

The-Bird-Noise-Last-Name-Country-Artist had a lane was basically empty by the time lives rolled around, though - this time going into lives we still have four country guys (+ Bailey and maybe Taryn) so it's tougher. That plus if the PVs for everyone but John go to country artists, we'd have a top eight/nine that's a third country; if we have a top five again and that pattern of PVs being consistent continues, we'd have three country guys in the finale. At some point, it gets crowded enough that it may pose an issue for the artists in that lane and "accidentally" clear the way for a non-country winner. 

Alternatively, as we've seen in the past (like in S15) when there's a lot of country/country-adjacent acts but they're split over multiple teams, a country artist could still win. Granted, Chevel also had the younger artist factor + standing out for being a female country artist rather than a male one + whole home state backing her (which definitely helped), but we've seen weirder happen on the show before.

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The-Bird-Noise-Last-Name-Country-Artist had a lane was basically empty by the time lives rolled around, though - this time going into lives we still have four country guys (+ Bailey and maybe Taryn) so it's tougher. That plus if the PVs for everyone but John go to country artists, we'd have a top eight/nine that's a third country; if we have a top five again and that pattern of PVs being consistent continues, we'd have three country guys in the finale. At some point, it gets crowded enough that it may pose an issue for the artists in that lane and "accidentally" clear the way for a non-country winner. 

Alternatively, as we've seen in the past (like in S15) when there's a lot of country/country-adjacent acts but they're split over multiple teams, a country artist could still win. Granted, Chevel also had the younger artist factor + standing out for being a female country artist rather than a male one + whole home state backing her (which definitely helped), but we've seen weirder happen on the show before.

I agree that Tanner will have a tougher ride than the country artist with the bird noise last name,.

And it´s kinda interesting to see the country males divided through 3 teams as well. 

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Just watched Kelsie´s audition, and man, Kelly really let her go for Madeline? Either Kelsie messed up bad, or Madeline stepped it up in a massive way, because those whistles were insane.

You Oughta Know is a boring song choice honestly. I remember Betsy Ade back in S16 and it's not impactful, basically boring. We don't know yet but I'm sure Kelsie will not use those whistle notes on her KO performance.

19 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

You Oughta Know is a boring song choice honestly. I remember Betsy Ade back in S16 and it's not impactful, basically boring. We don't know yet but I'm sure Kelsie will not use those whistle notes on her KO performance.

Kat Robichaud from S5 killed that song in her KO performance and it was electrifying. Betsy had lots of bum notes so I guess that took a lot from the enjoyability of the performance.

• Like 2