2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

The only thing that would give me pause on Carter marching into the finale is that he's an adolescent about to hit puberty. There are studies that show stress can be a trigger for puberty (why do you think high schoolers get zits all the time?), and we all know The Voice is a very stressful endeavor behind the scenes. In the 8th season of The Voice Australia, a 14-year old boy managed to make it to the finale easily but dropped the ball when his voice broke. A similar thing happened in The Voice Kids UK this year, and the kid was only 12. Honestly, I'm fully expecting something similar to happen to Carter, it's just a matter of when, and if Gwen can somehow coach Carter to handle his new voice.

notably, the contestant on s8 on tvau was actually very good, while i'd say that carter's BA is objectively worse than his (in terms of how good a vocalist they are, and that really is the "selling point" for each of them, other than their age imo).

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

He does benefit from a maximum of only THREE LIVE SHOWS, They should be able to get him through that, as long as they stick with songs he’s comfortable with, and preferably already knows well. 

What are the live shows that we're getting this season? I'm unaware of how many people are getting cut each week. Is it just like last season?

8 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Doubting they'll montage Tamara since she was a leak and four-chairs are rare this year and they'll want to keep them in people's minds. If they do montage a Team Kelly artist pair besides Madeline vs. Eli, I could see it being Kelsie vs. Emmalee (not because either of them is weak, but Demi's songs are tricky to do well).

Also potentially montaged:

Ian vs. Aaron

Ryan B. vs. Liam

Lain and Chloe are locks to get montaged. It was a pretty pitchy battle

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Desz might be on tonight and closing the episode 🥳🥳

I hope she's on tonight, and I'd be thrilled to see her close (I doubt it given we've had one semi-expected closer in John H. and one coming out of left field in Sid, but it's definitely not off the table unless her audition starts to air before 9:45 EST).

They’re possibly 6 people that could close tonight. 

Ben, Rio, Sam, DeSz, Tanner, and Julia. All of the remaining 3-4 chairs not aired. I didn’t include Worth The Wait because I am leaning they will be tomorrow at the earliest. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

They’re possibly 6 people that could close tonight. 

Ben, Rio, Sam, DeSz, Tanner, and Julia. All of the remaining 3-4 chairs not aired. I didn’t include Worth The Wait because I am leaning they will be tomorrow at the earliest. 

I'd say they won't close again with John getting the artist, so it's probably between DesZ, Ben, Tanner and Sam. They might close with Julia tomorrow though

55 minutes ago, Daillon said:

If Ryan airs tonight that means Tori should air too (unless editing comes into play).

It wouldn’t surprise me if they close with him.

There no way they’d close with him tbh. They’re probably closing with any of the remaining 3 or 4 chair turns (except WTW). 

Lol chill they’re closing for Desz. Monday episodes usually close with a four chair turn, and I think Sid was better than Cami based on just the audition. I don’t think anyone can top Desz that hasn’t gone yet. They might close tomorrow with Tanner though, or even Julia or Kelsie.

Out of boredom, even though I'll probably be wrong for most of it

Carter Rubin (Gwen)

JusJon (Blake)

Olivia Reyes (John)

Skylar Mayton (Kelly)

Ryan Berg (Gwen)

Casme (John)

Van Andrew (Gwen)

Sam Stacy (Blake)

DesZ (Kelly)

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

@Someone648 doesn't someone usually say what the lineup is before the episode?

I think they only reveal it for the premiere. And on Itunes, we used to have the songs that were going to be featured in the week, but since last season, they haven´t appeared. If we had them we could easily guess who would be in the episodes, given that we already have the spoilers.

• Thanks 1

I have a feeling that this week as a whole might be a little boring, considering a lot of the heavyweights have already been shown, and strong people like Julia, James and WTW are more likely to be shown next week. Hope we get Desz tonight. She´s not really my style, but I´m intrigued to listen to her since everybody has been praising her.

On 10/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, TeamAudra said:

Have any of the people she’s said that to in the blinds actually made the finale?  .... in the case of Jej, it was clear he wasn’t going anywhere, so she said that as a last ditch effort, after his instant save performance. 

I always thought Jej was a very good singer but killed by bad song choices (which seems to be not uncommon thing on The Voice)0.  Thought he should have gone in a more pop direction, e.g. Sam Smith maybe; would have loved to hear his take on Stay with Me.

Edited by Catsy
accidentally posted before i was finished writing
21 hours ago, ashwinner said:

live eliminations means that it's done live. no one can know that beforehand 🙂

That's what I thought too, but I also remember someone had also predicted Moriah Formica would be cut during live playoffs as well (which turned out to be true) so does someone know something we don't?  Very confusing.

2 minutes ago, Catsy said:

That's what I thought too, but I also remember someone had also predicted Moriah Formica would be cut during live playoffs as well (which turned out to be true) so does someone know something we don't?  Very confusing.

Playoffs weren't live that season, coaches chose their Top 3

Schedule update. Nothing we didn't know before. Official confirmation of the 4 Way KO. 1 Steal 1 Save per team same as S18.

https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/brand/9e1d45af-02d1-4b13-8bba-4939e0de5e79/press-releases/bb4858ab-e2db-4663-a802-c04867853c87

"THE VOICE"

"THE BATTLES PREMIERE"

ORIGINAL

11/09/2020 (08:00PM - 10:01PM) (Monday)    : The “Battle Rounds” begin as the coaches enlist music industry powerhouses Leon Bridges (Team Kelly), Miguel (Team Legend), Kane Brown (Team Blake) and Julia Michaels (Team Gwen) to prepare their artists for a dueling duet. After the vocal face-off, each coach must choose which artist from their team is the strongest to move forward to the “Knockout Rounds.” Each coach has one steal and one save – their saved artist will enter into a Four-Way Knockout

14 hours ago, ashwinner said:

notably, the contestant on s8 on tvau was actually very good, while i'd say that carter's BA is objectively worse than his (in terms of how good a vocalist they are, and that really is the "selling point" for each of them, other than their age imo).

I really don't like the way this show keeps trending younger and younger.  Especially with the boys so young their voices haven't even changed yet.  

Other countries have a Voice Kids and Voice Teens; IDK why they don't spin-off something similar here.

Personally I would rather see teenagers competing among others in their own age group rather than against adults.  

5 minutes ago, Catsy said:

I really don't like the way this show keeps trending younger and younger.  Especially with the boys so young their voices haven't even changed yet.  

Other countries have a Voice Kids and Voice Teens; IDK why they don't spin-off something similar here.

Personally I would rather see teenagers competing among others in their own age group rather than against adults.  

oops... looks like y'all had this discussion already.

Edited by Catsy
  • Like 1