Hi all - Was in hospital with Covid (ugh) until Wednesday night so first hand opportunity to read through IDF.  Took me over an hour to read all 250+ posts so far LOL.

Been enjoying S19 auditions so far.  Am I the only one here who likes Ian?  (was surprised to see he was just a 1-chair turn.)   I'm wondering if Blake will be pimping him just to show up all the other coaches who didn't turn their chairs.

Any idea so far who each coach's TCO yet?

• Like 4
  • Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

not some of y'all trying to convince other people your snowflake is better using by all these music theory terms lmao

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Catsy said:

Hi all - Was in hospital with Covid (ugh) until Wednesday night so first hand opportunity to read through IDF.  Took me over an hour to read all 250+ posts so far LOL.

Been enjoying S19 auditions so far.  Am I the only one here who likes Ian?  (was surprised to see he was just a 1-chair turn.)   I'm wondering if Blake will be pimping him just to show up all the other coaches who didn't turn their chairs.

I like Ian! He reminds me a lot of Rod from S16 and he was by miles my favorite country guy that season. Also hope you're doing well!

Edited by thevoiceswimmer
4 minutes ago, Catsy said:

Would probably say Tamara Jade. AA-female powerhouse.

But if TPTB is feeling generous, I could see Carter Rubin being TCO(for Gwen to win)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

TCOs vs. audience favorites on each team:

Team Kelly: haven't seen her likely TCO, but Ryan's the runaway favorite on the team to the point it's not even close.

Team Gwen: Carter appears to be TCO and the audience favorite so far; we'll see if that continues as we go through the rest of the pre-taped rounds.

Team Legend: Tamara's likely the TCO (AA female powerhouse with an entertaining personality) but so far John's the audience favorite based on Facebook/IG reactions.

Team Blake: No idea on TCO, but Jim is the audience favorite so far.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

TCOs vs. audience favorites on each team:

Team Kelly: haven't seen her likely TCO, but Ryan's the runaway favorite on the team to the point it's not even close.

Team Gwen: Carter appears to be TCO and the audience favorite so far; we'll see if that continues as we go through the rest of the pre-taped rounds.

Team Legend: Tamara's likely the TCO (AA female powerhouse with an entertaining personality) but so far John's the audience favorite based on Facebook/IG reactions.

Team Blake: No idea on TCO, but Jim is the audience favorite so far.

FYI...I think we need to be careful with “audience favorite.” Social media can be deceiving, especially this early. 

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Hearing Carter, I would say he has a decent chance to be Gwen's first Top 3 finish. I thought maybe he would have a basic voice(I only heard his vocals from like 4 years ago) He has great control, a pure tone, and of course the appeal to minivan. Even if he doesn't win, I can see him beating Blake's 2nd finalist(Taryn, Sid, Ian) and at least John's finalist(John Holiday, Tamara) weather he beats Kelly's finalist(Cami, Madeline, Tanner) and of course Jim, it'll be dependent. But I can see Gwen getting at least 3rd with him, even I like him and think he has huge potential tbh.

im not yet convinced that jim is blake's frontrunner. he seems to be the most likely candidate, but ian and sid to a much lesser extent have the potential to take the position.

Just now, TeamAudra said:

FYI...I think we need to be careful with “audience favorite.” Social media can be deceiving, especially this early. 

I know, I'm just going off the (limited) data we have, and I fully expect things to keep shifting throughout the season.

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

im not yet convinced that jim is blake's frontrunner. he seems to be the most likely candidate, but ian and sid to a much lesser extent have the potential to take the position.

Agreed. It´s perhaps still too early to tell.

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

I know, I'm just going off the (limited) data we have, and I fully expect things to keep shifting throughout the season.

Yeah, I’m just saying we get burned by it all the time. Once the public starts voting, trends become more clear, but even then, it’s a bit of a guessing game. There are times when it’s really obvious, but that doesn’t seem to be the case this season. 

Here’s a prime example. Facebook basically ignored Maelyn’s great audition, but once the voting started, her numbers steadily improved every week, until it was pretty obvious she was going to win. 

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, I’m just saying we get burned by it all the time. Once the public starts voting, trends become more clear, but even then, it’s a bit of a guessing game. There are times when it’s really obvious, but that doesn’t seem to be the case this season. 

Here’s a prime example. Facebook basically ignored Maelyn’s great audition, but once the voting started, her numbers steadily improved every week, until it was pretty obvious she was going to win. 

that's really interesting. i wasn't on idf (and wasn't watching) in s16, so i had no idea that this was the case. i would have expected that she was the clear frontrunner the whole time.

24 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I just read on YT that Ian is cut during live eliminations.   IDK if that's real or just a rumor tho.

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, Catsy said:

I just read on YT that Ian is cut during live eliminations.   IDK if that's real or just a rumor tho.

live eliminations means that it's done live. no one can know that beforehand 🙂

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

that's really interesting. i wasn't on idf (and wasn't watching) in s16, so i had no idea that this was the case. i would have expected that she was the clear frontrunner the whole time.

Minivan was initially fixated on the male country singers, especially Gyth. There was a point where he was dominating all of the social media stats, but then we discovered he can’t sing live. Maelyn stayed consistent and eventually surpassed him, Dexter and any other minivan bait. 

But, she might have been the frontrunner from the beginning, despite the Facebook numbers. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Catsy said:

They can see into the future? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
16 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

IMO Depending on how everything goes with Carter in the future rounds I think he might win this whole show if he sings well and slays every round and depending that his battle and KO partner we’re both stolen/saved I think he improved incredibly! Like rn what I’m about to say isn’t trying to be messed up but with him having a autistic brother as well I think the audience with show sympathy for him and keep voting for him. Brynn was 14 and didn’t have any heart breaks or sad stories and she won. So we will see how it works with Carter 

One thing you should keep in mind is one is a boy and another is a girl. Girls mature faster than boys that's why Brynn at a young age can channel all those things to improve her performance.

When I heard Carter's Audition it felt like a child singing on The Voice Kids. I felt innocence in his voice which lacks the level of emotion that the song needs.

I'm not saying he has no chance but based on his audition I can't see him winning.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

One thing you should keep in mind is one is a boy and another is a girl. Girls mature faster than boys that's why Brynn at a young age can channel all those things to improve her performance.

When I heard Carter's Audition it felt like a child singing on The Voice Kids. I felt innocence in his voice which lacks the level of emotion that the song needs.

I'm not saying he has no chance but based on his audition I can't see him winning.

i agree, he sounded like a child to me lol - however, i think that will be a benefit rather than a harm for him in terms of minivan voting

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Social media is very deceiving, I remember in the day of the Season 17 finale's part 2 IDF counted the social media numbers of the finalists and Katie was winning, then the results came and she wasn't even runner-up

Edited by moonlighty
1 hour ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Agreed, Brynn had a lot of poise and maturity and that was the outstanding thing about her imo, Carter is not as mature and still has a childish voice

• Like 1

The only thing that would give me pause on Carter marching into the finale is that he's an adolescent about to hit puberty. There are studies that show stress can be a trigger for puberty (why do you think high schoolers get zits all the time?), and we all know The Voice is a very stressful endeavor behind the scenes. In the 8th season of The Voice Australia, a 14-year old boy managed to make it to the finale easily but dropped the ball when his voice broke. A similar thing happened in The Voice Kids UK this year, and the kid was only 12. Honestly, I'm fully expecting something similar to happen to Carter, it's just a matter of when, and if Gwen can somehow coach Carter to handle his new voice.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

Honestly, I'm fully expecting something similar to happen to Carter, it's just a matter of when, and if Gwen can someone coach Carter to handle his new voice.

If Gwen could successfully coach him through that she’d be one of my favorite coaches. 😃

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

The only thing that would give me pause on Carter marching into the finale is that he's an adolescent about to hit puberty. There are studies that show stress can be a trigger for puberty (why do you think high schoolers get zits all the time?), and we all know The Voice is a very stressful endeavor behind the scenes. In the 8th season of The Voice Australia, a 14-year old boy managed to make it to the finale easily but dropped the ball when his voice broke. A similar thing happened in The Voice Kids UK this year, and the kid was only 12. Honestly, I'm fully expecting something similar to happen to Carter, it's just a matter of when, and if Gwen can somehow coach Carter to handle his new voice.

He does benefit from a maximum of only THREE LIVE SHOWS, They should be able to get him through that, as long as they stick with songs he’s comfortable with, and preferably already knows well. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Me, going through the Battles list trying to guess who's most likely to get montaged:

Spying I See GIF by Nat Geo Wild

I´m thinking they might be (just a prediction):

Chloe vs Lain 

Madeline vs Eli

Van vs Tori

Ben vs Sam

JusJon vs Peyton

Edited by Misirlou
11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´m thinking they might be (just a prediction):

Chloe vs Lain 

Madeline vs Eli

Van vs Tori

Ben vs Sam

JusJon vs Peyton

I doubt they’ll montage a billingual singer in which some of the battle was sung in Spanish. Eli got good treatment in blinds, he won’t be montaged. I think Tamara and Olivia might be montaged

Just now, Ottoship said:

I doubt they’ll montage a billingual singer in which some of the battle was sung in Spanish. Eli got good treatment in blinds, he won’t be montaged. I think Tamara and Olivia might be montaged

Doubting they'll montage Tamara since she was a leak and four-chairs are rare this year and they'll want to keep them in people's minds. If they do montage a Team Kelly artist pair besides Madeline vs. Eli, I could see it being Kelsie vs. Emmalee (not because either of them is weak, but Demi's songs are tricky to do well).

Also potentially montaged:

Ian vs. Aaron

Ryan B. vs. Liam