The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

With Carter and Payge, I´m still not convinced that Carter will sail that easily honestly. Apparently he has been consistent throughout but Payge has been extraordinary (I´m betting she will close Ep 1 of the Battles), in both her battle and KO. Not to mention, between the two of them, I would bet on Carter to choke on the playoffs, given that Payge has a lot of experience and seems to know her identity as an artist.  That being said, it´s gonna also depend on song choice.

The one not getting PV will obviously get saved.

The teams are so easy to predict except for Team Kelly’s. She has so many good people, and while Desz and Cami SHOULD be her top 2, Tanner might steal one of the spots via PV and then Kelly will be forced to choose Desz instead of having Desz be PV and saving Cami.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

it just occurred to me: if gwen was saving her steal for marisa, then that means that kelly had decided beforehand that she wanted to go with tanner. therefore, marisa's pitch to kelly didn't do anything to influence her decision, kelly just preferred tanner going into it

or if Kelly chose Marisa, Gwen could have her "cOunTrY mOmeNt" with Tanner

4 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

The one not getting PV will obviously get saved.

The teams are so easy to predict except for Team Kelly’s. She has so many good people, and while Desz and Cami SHOULD be her top 2, Tanner might steal one of the spots via PV and then Kelly will be forced to choose Desz instead of having Desz be PV and saving Cami.

I´m still wondering about Ben in Team Gwen. He won´t win being on her team, but I wouldn´t discount him for the PV on said team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

With Carter and Payge, I´m still not convinced that Carter will sail that easily honestly. Apparently he has been consistent throughout but Payge has been extraordinary (I´m betting she will close Ep 1 of the Battles), in both her battle and KO. Not to mention, between the two of them, I would bet on Carter to choke on the playoffs, given that Payge has a lot of experience and seems to know her identity as an artist.  That being said, it´s gonna also depend on song choice.

I'm siding with this (and not just because I found Carter's blind rather underwhelming and Payge to be much better). 

Both battles apparently received a ton of praise from the coaches, but Payge's was apparently spectacular and pointed out as the best of the taping by a few of the people from that taping. Carter's was well received but I wasn't given too much specific feedback from that battle besides the fact that both him and Larriah were strong.

In KO's, the sources seemed more split between Carter and Chloe and mentioned John picking Chloe over Carter and Kelly really struggling between the two as well.

On the other hand,  I believe Payge was unanimously chosen by the coaches and John called it one of the best performances he'd heard (while her opponent also did well)

If I'm interpreting all of this correctly, it seems Carter's been at least consistent, but Payge has progressively done better each round.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I´m still wondering about Ben in Team Gwen. He won´t win being on her team, but I wouldn´t discount him for the PV on said team.

I think Ben getting PV in Gwen’s team is more likely than Tanner getting PV in Kelly’s team. Kelly’s PV Candidate is easily Desz, and then she would probably save Cami because she also saved a steal and a block for her. 

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

I'm siding with this (and not just because I found Carter's blind rather underwhelming and Payge to be much better). 

Both battles apparently received a ton of praise from the coaches, but Payge's was apparently spectacular and pointed out as the best of the taping by a few of the people from that taping. Carter's was well received but I wasn't given too much specific feedback from that battle besides the fact that both him and Larriah were strong.

In KO's, the sources seemed more split between Carter and Chloe and mentioned John picking Chloe over Carter and Kelly really struggling between the two as well.

On the other hand,  I believe Payge was unanimously chosen by the coaches and John called it one of the best performances he'd heard (while her opponent also did well)

If I'm interpreting all of this correctly, it seems Carter's been at least consistent, but Payge has progressively done better each round.

I have some notes on his battle because I was there. He was really good, and I really liked his voice...he belted and it was on key. However, Larriah should so much more maturity and her vocals were so strong and had so much depth. Kelly picked Carter, Blake and John picked Larriah. When making the decision, Gwen started tearing up, almost to the point of crying (they’re probably editing that out) and Kelly was comforting her. Gwen took 15 minutes (not exaggerating) to pick Carter over Larriah bc she kept saying how much of a quick learner Larriah was and pointed that she was a one chair turn that blew her mind now. She kept on commending on her growth and I think she might have actually gone with her, but she didn’t want Carter on any other team. She was bummed, and then she saved Larriah, and there were tears falling down her face.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, realityshownerd said:

I have some notes on his battle because I was there. He was really good, and I really liked his voice...he belted and it was on key. However, Larriah should so much more maturity and her vocals were so strong and had so much depth. Kelly picked Carter, Blake and John picked Larriah. When making the decision, Gwen started tearing up, almost to the point of crying (they’re probably editing that out) and Kelly was comforting her. Gwen took 15 minutes (not exaggerating) to pick Carter over Larriah bc she kept saying how much of a quick learner Larriah was and pointed that she was a one chair turn that blew her mind now. She kept on commending on her growth and I think she might have actually gone with her, but she didn’t want Carter on any other team. She was bummed, and then she saved Larriah, and there were tears falling down her face.

Thanks for that! I know it as a while back, but do you think that it was a step up from his audition (like more impressive) or about equally good?

5 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

I think Ben getting PV in Gwen’s team is more likely than Tanner getting PV in Kelly’s team. Kelly’s PV Candidate is easily Desz, and then she would probably save Cami because she also saved a steal and a block for her. 

Perhaps Desz might win PV, but we never know what Kelly might do with her save. We still haven´t seen her reactions to Tanner, and she loves male country singers. Not to mention she tends to be loyal as well. All of her saves so far have been OGs from her team ( D.R , Kymberli, Jej, Shane Q), so I´m guessing this scenarios:

If Desz wins PV, Kelly saves Tanner

If Tanner wins PV, Kelly saves Desz

If Cami wns PV, Kelly saves Desz

5 hours ago, realityshownerd said:

My rankings for ALL Successful Chair Turners (I have horrible taste btw)

1.  John Holiday: I think he should win...I really hope he does.

2. Cami Clune: Amazing. The only other person that could beat her is John H, and he did lol.

3. Sid Kingsley: I was not expecting that.

4. Ryan Gallgher: Vocally the best!

5. Payge Turner: That low note was so good! I love her style.

6. Tamara Jade: Great audition.

7. Marisa Corvo: Loved when she broke out of her shell and rocked on stage

8. Jim Ranger: Amazing song selection

9. Madeline: I think she is gonna surprise a lot of people.

10. Taryn Papa: I liked it, but I wouldn't listen to it again.

11. Liam St John: His voice is candy to my ears, he's just vocally lacking.

12. Joseph Soul: Too boring

13. Eli: I mean ehhh

14. Ian F: too blah

15. Chloe: She needs work

16. Lauren: She also needs work

17. Aaron: Didn't care for him or the song he sang.

This would have been the best realistic premiere: Jim Ranger, Taryn Papa, Desz, Ryan Gallgher, Payge Turner, Carter Rubin, Cami Clune, Sid K, and John Holiday.

And Chloe needs work on what exactly ? LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Perhaps Desz might win PV, but we never know what Kelly might do with her save. We still haven´t seen her reactions to Tanner, and she loves male country singers. Not to mention she tends to be loyal as well. All of her saves so far have been OGs from her team ( D.R , Kymberli, Jej, Shane Q), so I´m guessing this scenarios:

If Desz wins PV, Kelly saves Tanner

If Tanner wins PV, Kelly saves Desz

If Cami wns PV, Kelly saves Desz

I think DeSz will be her top priority so I don't think she's in any trouble.

I think it's interesting that she never paired Madeline and Tanner together. We're assuming a lot about Tanner just because he beat two pop vocalists (Skylar and Marisa), but I don't think we can count Madeline out just yet? She beat two other pop vocalists (Eli and Kelsie) and apparently did well in both performances.

We'll have to see which of the two is actually stronger. We know Madeline's audition song was a bit of a dud, but she's still got a shot.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Thanks for that! I know it as a while back, but do you think that it was a step up from his audition (like more impressive) or about equally good?

A little better; he’s consistent. Larriah went from an average one chair and matched his performance and even did better

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I think DeSz will be her top priority so I don't think she's in any trouble.

I think it's interesting that she never paired Madeline and Tanner together. We're assuming a lot about Tanner just because he beat two pop vocalists (Skylar and Marisa), but I don't think we can count Madeline out just yet? She beat two other pop vocalists (Eli and Kelsie) and apparently did well in both performances.

We'll have to see which of the two is actually stronger. We know Madeline's audition song was a bit of a dud, but she's still got a shot.

LOL. I forgot about Madeline. And yeah, Marisa vs Kelsie, and Madeline vs Tanner would have made much more sense honestly, but who knows, we still have to hear Tanner perform. Not to mention I read that John apparently really liked Tanner and fought hard for him in the blinds, and loved his battle. Then again, John has turned around for a lot of country this season, something he almost never did previously.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

LOL. I forgot about Madeline. And yeah, Marisa vs Kelsie, and Madeline vs Tanner would have made much more sense honestly, but who knows, we still have to hear Tanner perform. Not to mention I read that John apparently really liked Tanner and fought hard for him in the blinds, and loved his battle. Then again, John has turned around for a lot of country this season, something he almost never did previously.

Kelsie was really robbed she’s amazing and her range is insane and I can’t believe Madeline made it to Top 4 when Marisa and Kelsie and Ryan didn’t. 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Carlos3500 said:

To anyone who was at the tapings, what would you say were the best battles and knockouts, and what were some of the comments that the judges gave? Just trying to see who has the strongest footing going into the lives

I was only in Taping 2 of Battles.

- John H and Julia: Amazing, and it was so good but Julia has a tough time with the song and she was only solid toward the end of the song

- Jim and John S: Blake didn’t hesitate, Jim hit some really high notes and John S was “too gravely”

-Lain vs Chloe: I actually didn’t think Lain did that bad. The coaches were saying that Lain had one of the best blind auditions but failed to reach that level. Chloe was ehh, she wasn’t that much better. Gwen was torn, and she said that Lain was her favorite and that it was just a decision on who is ready at the moment

-Skylar and Tanner: Amazing. Skylar was a gem, Tanner had great baritone notes. Blake picked Skylar and he was taking about how in an earlier season (I think S6) where they sang the same song but he said that his battle got montaged and that he is sure that this battle won’t. Gwen and John picked Tanner.

- Cami vs James: Their arrangement was much different than the regular song. Cami was so good, and James was a shocker. Gwen and Blake picked James, Kelly picked Cami. Gwen was shocked James didn’t win, and was very happy that Blake got to stoke him. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned that makes Kelly's decision even more complex is that ryan might win the 4 way KO. 

Yeah, the audience is gonna quench their thirst by giving him the win in that 4-way KO pretty easily.

Honestly it kind of makes sense to me that Sid closed instead of Cami in retrospect cause:

1. He's kind of "louder" which is perhaps more interesting to the core audience.

2. Although he's definitely not country as far as I can see, he would probably would appeal more to Minivan than Cami would, based on genre.

I have to say that personally I was shocked at Sid's voice and he's one of my favorites going into the future taped rounds. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Carlos3500 said:

To anyone who was at the tapings, what would you say were the best battles and knockouts, and what were some of the comments that the judges gave? Just trying to see who has the strongest footing going into the lives

For the battles I would say Payge vs Lauren was the best IMO and Olivia vs Tamara is at the bottom for me just because of Tamara’s pitch problems ( the coaches all ignored it tho ) I personally thought Olivia was better but hey and for the KO I’m sorry Chloe was the best IMO she really showed tf out and to top it Carter’s was also really good so they both deserved to move on, for DeSz I don’t think “Can we talk” is a song for a breakout moment but she sounded really good and I didn’t see her blind audition but I saw both her battle and KO and I can just guess that her audition would be better than the two 

• Like 1