The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, marshmallowXpie said:

Tbh I think they shouldn't let 14-year-olds on the Voice. Let the minimum age be 16 (or 15 if they really want).

I'd be on board with a Voice Kids and raising the age limit back to 15 (15 at least wasn't unheard of before they lowered the age limit to 13), but then comes the problems of defining the age range for kids since voices change a lot between elementary schoolers and late middle/early high school age as well as finding a network who'd spring for it.

3 minutes ago, French20 said:

yes but it would work very well, then it would put a fresh wind since there would be new coaches then it would avoid the comments "only 14 YEARS? WINNER"

Bold assumption that they wouldn't try to pull at least one of the current adult coaches in for the kids version (see: will.i.am doing both The Voice UK and The Voice UK kids).

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Bold assumption that they wouldn't try to pull at least one of the current adult coaches in for the kids version (see: will.i.am doing both The Voice UK and The Voice UK kids).

as in France where it alternates over the seasons as an adult / kids coach, and it works very well

57 minutes ago, French20 said:

the question that arises with the performance of Carter is why there is no The Voice Kids in your country

Because there absolutely should NOT be a Voice Kids in our country.  The point of the Voice is to showcase vocal talent, and a lot of kids are just not capable of meeting the standards of some of the greatest artists in the music industry.  John said it best in the Carter Rubin preview video: a lot of kids who go on the show have the vocal potential but not the control required to harness their vocals.  There's also the maturity aspect to consider: a lot of kids who come onto the show don't necessarily have an idea of what kind of artist they want to be, so they don't have a unique identity as an artist, which is what coaches typically look for.

Remember Quinn Swanigan from Season 12?  I think we can all agree he wasn't exactly ready to compete against the caliber of talent on that season.  The whole point of him getting a blind audition to begin with was to tell the audience the age limit was lowered to 13 and that they too can get a chair turned.  Yes, that opens the door for true young talent like a Kennedy Holmes or a Brynn Cartelli to really shine and take the country by storm, but it also opens a Pandora's box of young children who audition for the Voice only to be turned away in the first round, WAY before the blind auditions even happen.

Since that is the case, I doubt it's a good idea to even consider doing a Voice Kids USA and have kids exploited by parents because the parents want them to be superstars.  I just don't see it ever being a good idea.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Minhtam said:

Because there absolutely should NOT be a Voice Kids in our country.  The point of the Voice is to showcase vocal talent, and a lot of kids are just not capable of meeting the standards of some of the greatest artists in the music industry.  John said it best in the Carter Rubin preview video: a lot of kids who go on the show have the vocal potential but not the control required to harness their vocals.  There's also the maturity aspect to consider: a lot of kids who come onto the show don't necessarily have an idea of what kind of artist they want to be, so they don't have a unique identity as an artist, which is what coaches typically look for.

Remember Quinn Swanigan from Season 12?  I think we can all agree he wasn't exactly ready to compete against the caliber of talent on that season.  The whole point of him getting a blind audition to begin with was to tell the audience the age limit was lowered to 13 and that they too can get a chair turned.  Yes, that opens the door for true young talent like a Kennedy Holmes or a Brynn Cartelli to really shine and take the country by storm, but it also opens a Pandora's box of young children who audition for the Voice only to be turned away in the first round, WAY before the blind auditions even happen.

Since that is the case, I doubt it's a good idea to even consider doing a Voice Kids USA and have kids exploited by parents because the parents want them to be superstars.  I just don't see it ever being a good idea.

after in your country, the talents are never really highlighted after the show, they are quickly forgotten so that would not necessarily have an issue in their life, they would go just for fun

then that would prevent what's happening now with Carter, talk more about her age than her voice

1 minute ago, French20 said:

after in your country, the talents are never really highlighted after the show, they are quickly forgotten so that would not necessarily have an issue in their life, they would go just for fun

then that would prevent what's happening now with Carter, talk more about her age than her voice

That line of thinking is exactly the part of the problem.  Kids would try out just for fun.  That's not the kind of attitude you want to have if you're extremely serious about becoming an artist.  Here in America, us audiences can see through that.

Also, Carter is a boy.

14 minutes ago, French20 said:

his*

4 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

it's okay, dont worry about it! i know it was probably confusing cause kelly said "she," i just wanted to give you a head's up :thumbs:

ahahah but I know it's a boy, I just made a mistake in writing, I thought we could say his = her without thinking that her was specific for girls, i'm just not English 🙂

• Like 1

My rankings for ALL Successful Chair Turners (I have horrible taste btw)

1.  John Holiday: I think he should win...I really hope he does.

2. Cami Clune: Amazing. The only other person that could beat her is John H, and he did lol.

3. Sid Kingsley: I was not expecting that.

4. Ryan Gallgher: Vocally the best!

5. Payge Turner: That low note was so good! I love her style.

6. Tamara Jade: Great audition.

7. Marisa Corvo: Loved when she broke out of her shell and rocked on stage

8. Jim Ranger: Amazing song selection

9. Madeline: I think she is gonna surprise a lot of people.

10. Taryn Papa: I liked it, but I wouldn't listen to it again.

11. Liam St John: His voice is candy to my ears, he's just vocally lacking.

12. Joseph Soul: Too boring

13. Eli: I mean ehhh

14. Ian F: too blah

15. Chloe: She needs work

16. Lauren: She also needs work

17. Aaron: Didn't care for him or the song he sang.

This would have been the best realistic premiere: Jim Ranger, Taryn Papa, Desz, Ryan Gallgher, Payge Turner, Carter Rubin, Cami Clune, Sid K, and John Holiday.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Based on social media posts:

Monday:

Carter Rubin (ofc)

JusJon

Tuesday:

Olivia Reyes

Payton Lamar

(POSSIBLY) Casme

I think Desz will close Monday because Casme and Olivia are the AA Divas of Episode 4, and each episode needs variety.

It's gonna go like this probably

Ben Allen (3- Team Blake)

Ryan Beard (2 - Defaults to Gwen)

Kelsie Watts (2 - Kelly)

John Sullivan (2 - Blake)

Larriah Jackson (1 - Defaults to Gwen)

Rio S (3 - John)

Carter Rubin (2 - Gwen)

MAYBE Bailey Rae (1 - Defaults to John)

Desz (4 - Kelly)

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Sounds like they plan to surround Carter with a bunch of fodder, to make him stand out in the episode. 

Carter + Desz will probably be the two stronger auditions on Monday - I could see them forgoing a Tuesday night four-chair turner since it's only an hour-long episode. On the other hand, I'm a terrible guesser about who goes where in the lineup so take what I'm saying with about a pound of salt rather than a couple grains.

• Like 1

On an episode-related note, Peak Minivan Mom (any nickname suggestions y'all have are welcome so I can keep referring to her without typing that up every time) really likes Carter and correctly guessed his coach pick - I didn't spoil anything for her but I wanted to gauge her reaction to him since we think he's Gwen's Minivan bait. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

On an episode-related note, Peak Minivan Mom (any nickname suggestions y'all have are welcome so I can keep referring to her without typing that up every time) really likes Carter and correctly guessed his coach pick - I didn't spoil anything for her but I wanted to gauge her reaction to him since we think he's Gwen's Minivan bait. 

How about “Minimom”? 🤣

• Haha 3