The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

You’re probably right, but I’m not 100% he’ll bring both Tamara and John to the top 8. He might decide to throw all of his eggs in one basket. That’s kind of what Blake does. 

Blake tends to clear lanes, more then eggs all in one basket. It’s hard to tell though, bc his fanbase is so strong he often gets two in the finals regardless of their relative strength.

I don’t think John’s voice fanbase is that large, so it’s really going to depend on the artist to pull votes.

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

You’re probably right, but I’m not 100% he’ll bring both Tamara and John to the top 8. He might decide to throw all of his eggs in one basket. That’s kind of what Blake does. 

How well Desz  is recieved is gonna be something to watch out as well, because if she overshadows Tamara, I don´t see a reason why John would keep her when there´s another contestant in the same lane who is better recieved (and according to the sources she seems to be better), which eventually might leave a spot open for Bailey, or perhaps Chloe if her KO is as good as it´s presumed to be, and how John reacted to it. 

I don´t see John L. getting rid of John H. He seems way too invested in him already, and the fact that he chose him over a coveted four chair says a lot. He must really believe in John H.

Edited by Misirlou

7 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Blake tends to clear lanes, more then eggs all in one basket. It’s hard to tell though, bc his fanbase is so strong he often gets two in the finals regardless of their relative strength.

I don’t think John’s voice fanbase is that large, so it’s really going to depend on the artist to pull votes.

I can think of some seasons where he didn’t do a very good job of clearing lanes. S15 and S16 come to

mind. And it’s looking that way this season too. He’s very likely to go to the top 8 with 2/3 country acts, although they would all be quite different from each other, unless both Ian and Jim make it. 

Edited by TeamAudra

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I can think of some seasons where he didn’t do a very good job of clearing lanes. S15 and S16 come to

mind. And it’s looking that way this season too. He’s very likely to go to the top 8 with 2/3 country acts, although they would all be quite different from each other, unless both Ian and Jim make it. 

I said tends to, he got rid of a bunch 😛 It helps when unexpected good people choose him i.e. Toneisha or Kyla, he does have to carry a few into the lives, so if all his good people are country, it is what it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

I think we already saw that with Marybeth Byrd.  Not well.

marybeth chose to go pop. as much as i want to blame john, it wasn't his fault. she also got some really great song choices (stars, go rest high on that mountain, burning house, all i ask, lose you to love me).

58 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

IMO I think Lauren did incredibly well in the blinds. Most people here on idf didn’t enjoy her audition but I did. I think with her getting a battle partner like Payge really showcased how well she could do against someone who is awesome! I think her KO was really well, it’s just John thought he was more close to Bailey Rae. But tbh with her encouraging the only double steal on the battles too can tell us that Lauren was insane in the battles and improved!

YES!! finally someone else thinks lauren did really well! she was my favorite of night one, and my second-third favorite overall, behind cami and possibly sid. 

• Like 2

Just now, Misirlou said:

How do we predict Tanner will do against the country singers on Blake´s team?

The Voice demo tends to lean towards the family-men type of country singer, and Tanner seems to be leaning younger, so I would say Ian and Jim would have a better chance than him, but Tanner has the benefit of being the only country guy on Team Kelly. But we have little indication of Kelly being invested in Tanner. Yes, she took him far, but there are indications that Tanner simply caught his opponents on a bad day, especially Marisa.

Ryan has the 3rd highest YT views. Something tells me he’s gonna win 4-way KO as well bc he was very well received by Facebook 

I think since Madeline is in T17, Taryn might not make it and especially if Kelly gives Madeline some country songs. Her top 2 is clearly Desz and Cami, although Tanner might make it instead of Cami.

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Who do you think will be fridays leak? Are their any other performances with a block?

Ryan Berg's the last one left, but he only turned two chairs so he defaulted to Team Gwen, which means there's no suspense over who he's going to pick so it almost certainly won't be him.

I could see them leaking Kelsie (who sung Kelly in the blinds), Rio (diff. genre than the previous leak & has been seen in previews already), Desz (a four-chair and a new-to-the-show song, but she's similar to Tamara lane wise so I don't think it'll be her), or if they do some creative editing it could even be Julia (diff. genre than previous leaks and is in the 4-way KO). The show doesn't tend to leak similar artists back-to-back (or during the same season, tbh) so it's pretty unlikely to be Ben or Tanner.

12 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Who do you think will be fridays leak? Are their any other performances with a block?

Friday’s leak: Desz

Monday Opener: Ryan Berg

Monday Closed: Desz

Tuesday Leak: Hmm....imma guess Kelsie Watts

Tuesday Opener: Kelsie

Tuesday Closer: Julia Cooper or Lain Roy or Ben Allen

• Like 1

Honestly I wouldn´t be surprised if Desz doesn´t close, they have been going with unexpected closers so far. 

As for the leak, I´m betting on Kelsie because she sang Kelly´s song, and Kelly´s reactions are always something to watch for.

Also I´m curious to see how they edit Lain Roy´s audition, I don´t really expect them to show Kelly´s crying if she´s not comfortable with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

If Bailey sings this for the playoffs, she just might snag a PV, and we know the song is cleared. 

I checked her out before but wasn't that impressed. This performance though, not only proves she can sing well, but sing well LIVE. I think some of us have been underestimating her.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Honestly I wouldn´t be surprised if Desz doesn´t close, they have been going with unexpected closers so far. 

As for the leak, I´m betting on Kelsie because she sang Kelly´s song, and Kelly´s reactions are always something to watch for.

I too see Kelsie being the leak. Hoping for Julia but I can't recall the last time they leaked someone similar to her. 

I find it hard to see that Desz doesn't close. I know last season, they leaked Toneisha, Thunderstorm, and Mike, who were all closers, but I hope they keep up with this season's thread of not leaking the closers. Having an audition we've already seen go last is boring to me.

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

If Bailey sings this for the playoffs, she just might snag a PV, and we know the song is cleared. 

I've always loved this song, especially with female voices, and she sounds so good! not keeping my hopes up too high given the competition, but I hope she puts out performances like this on the show 😍

23 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Also, for anyone who's seen my comments about my mom being Peak Minivan - she likes John H. and thinks he's the best voice so far (despite him not being country whatsoever), and she enjoyed Cami, Sid, Taryn, and Ryan from tonight's show. She wasn't a fan of Ian (I gambled and lost with that) but given that information, I think Jim's gonna be right up her alley. TBD what she thinks of the rest of the contestants since I don't want to spoil things for her.

An update: after sending both Ian and Jim, she liked Ian's song choice better than Jim's but preferred Jim's voice (John and Ryan are still her two favorites, though). Now to just keep her focused on the non-country options this season...

• Like 1