23 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I’m ready for season 20 coaches to be announced, so I can stop reading posts about potential season 20 coaches, and instead get to read posts complaining about season 20 coaches 😂

i just want a season 19 thread actually being about season 19, or at least have a way to block '-season 20' discussion on my thread..

Edited by LilBrooklyn18
  • Like 1
  • Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

not some of y'all trying to convince other people your snowflake is better using by all these music theory terms lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LilBrooklyn18 said:

i just want a season 19 thread actually being about season 19, or at least have a way to block season 20 discussion on this thread.

if you have something to say about season 19, then say it. just because people are talking about s20 here doesn't mean that you can't talk about s19.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

if you have something to say about season 19, then say it. just because people are talking about s20 here doesn't mean that you can't talk about s19.

I can ignore it if its in another thread, easy.  That's why this is a forum 🙂 Or if we could like block seeing phrases in a thread.

1 minute ago, LilBrooklyn18 said:

I can ignore it if its in another thread, easy.  That's why this is a forum 🙂 Or if we could like block seeing phrases in a thread.

good point! feel free to make a thread then

Just now, LilBrooklyn18 said:

i was under the impression moderators needed to do season threads

well, it's not a season thread, is it? its just a thread about coach discussion 

1 hour ago, season1 said:

@Someone648 probably should start the S20 spoiler/news thread NOW then people can speculate about S20 coaches there.  That thread would have to be created in a few days anyway, with auditions starting soon. loZ0xpz.gif

i don't think it would have to be created in a few days anyway b/c Someone648 is going to only be releasing spoilers much later, in the wintertime if I recall correctly. 

2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

If I could choose a new coach, I’d pick Seal. He was an original coach on the Voice AU, won a bunch, took a break, then returned. He got renewed attention here in the US after his time as Leopard (yes, Seal was a leopard) on the Masked Singer.

Seal on The Voice US would be incredible, i'm a fan of The Voice AU and he is a hell of a coach and also very passionate with his artists, he's like the original "Pharrell / Usher" type of coach, it would bring a lot of new energy to  the show and his interactions with Blake would be so interesting.

Continuing in the "other The Voice editions", it would be very interesting to see Will.I.Am too 😆

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i don't think it would have to be created in a few days anyway b/c Someone648 is going to only be releasing spoilers much later, in the wintertime if I recall correctly. 

I remember in the past, spring season's spoiler threads are posted around the time fall season pre-lives are shown. It's usually several months before the actual season airs. This thread was created 5 months ago, while season 18 aired.

I was curious about Bailey Rae, since John decided to keep her over Cami and Lauren, so I just now listened to some of her covers for the first time. Am I the only one here who didn’t know she’s a country singer? I’m a little surprised how this went down, considering the coach and his tendencies/preferences. I mean, he didn’t even know who sang “Anyway.” 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I was curious about Bailey Rae, since John decided to keep her over Cami and Lauren, so I just now listened to some of her covers for the first time. Am I the only one here who didn’t know she’s a country singer? I’m a little surprised how this went down, considering the coach and his tendencies/preferences. I mean, he didn’t even know who sang “Anyway.” 

By the time she got to audition, he was the only one with spots left, so that's why that coach/artist matchup happened. She went country in her KO and her battle with Sid is country/soul (Tennessee Whiskey) so I'd be interested to see how the audience responds to a popular genre with an unpopular coach. 

IMO this season is shaping up to be one hell of a season. John literally has all potential threats! Tbh I think that Cami and John was a smart pairing so Kelly can do more incredible things with Cami. But so far we’re only 2 episodes down and damn this season has been showing incredible threats

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

By the time she got to audition, he was the only one with spots left, so that's why that coach/artist matchup happened. She went country in her KO and her battle with Sid is country/soul (Tennessee Whiskey) so I'd be interested to see how the audience responds to a popular genre with an unpopular coach. 

I think we already saw that with Marybeth Byrd.  Not well.

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Can she remind John of Marybeth? I think she’s really good!

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

So, which one of John and Tamara is she going to knock out of the playoffs? 😃

Just now, Rodney said:

I think we already saw that with Marybeth Byrd.  Not well.

Marybeth tried to go country-pop though, while Bailey seems to be more strictly country. So while it's similar I wouldn't say it's an identical situation.

IMO I think Lauren did incredibly well in the blinds. Most people here on idf didn’t enjoy her audition but I did. I think with her getting a battle partner like Payge really showcased how well she could do against someone who is awesome! I think her KO was really well, it’s just John thought he was more close to Bailey Rae. But tbh with her encouraging the only double steal on the battles too can tell us that Lauren was insane in the battles and improved!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

So, which one of John and Tamara is she going to knock out of the playoffs? 😃

Probably neither - there's enough country on other teams (Tanner/Ben/Jim/Ian/Madeline/maybe Taryn if she wins the 4-way KO) that her chances are lower than they might otherwise be despite the fact voting is team-based at least through the playoffs, and John will likely save whichever of Tamara and John Holiday doesn't get the PV.

Just now, VintageVoice said:

Probably neither - there's enough country on other teams (Tanner/Ben/Jim/Ian/Madeline/maybe Taryn if she wins the 4-way KO) that her chances are lower than they might otherwise be despite the fact voting is team-based at least through the playoffs, and John will likely save whichever of Tamara and John Holiday doesn't get the PV.

You’re probably right, but I’m not 100% he’ll bring both Tamara and John to the top 8. He might decide to throw all of his eggs in one basket. That’s kind of what Blake does. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

You’re probably right, but I’m not 100% he’ll bring both Tamara and John to the top 8. He might decide to throw all of his eggs in one basket. That’s kind of what Blake does. 

John's a quick study but he tends to have a team with at least a strong artist(or two) + the one who fascinates him (eg. S17 with Katie, Marybeth, and Will - the ladies were stronger vocalists than Will but Will got to stay because John found him interesting). However, he's also pretty loyal to his multi-chair turns, and less so to the artists that get his block (didn't save Julian at the Cross Battles, let Max go in the KOs, and forced Nelson into the 4-way KO) so given all that if he had to throw his eggs behind one of them, I'd say Tamara's a bit more likely than John Holiday.

So if Team Legend has an "eggs in one basket" approach, John Holiday would have to get the PV to advance if John L. makes up his mind beforehand to save Bailey if she needs it; if Bailey somehow gets the PV, then John H. is likely toast unless there's a wildcard round (which if he continues to impress Minivan beyond just the blind audition, would be his to lose unless he's up against a post-4-way-KO-win Ryan G.). Tamara will likely be fine either way, if only as an answer to Team Kelly and Desz.