The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

16 minutes ago, antikid said:

After Cami not closing, I could actually see Desz not closing as well

Agree. We´ve been getting unexpected closers so far (John H. , Sid),so perhaps Desz might not close. Still, I think she´ll make a big impression in the audience (and on IDF) on her episode.

12 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Watching Carter’s blind audition, I realized that the minors still get someone on set with them instead of just Zoom support group.

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yes, I noticed it with Lauren as well.

Liability thing, most likely - since they're still underage, my guess is that (one of) their guardian(s) has to be there since if anything goes haywire they can defer to the adult rather than leave NBC in a potentially sticky situation.

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Liability thing, most likely - since they're still underage, my guess is that (one of) their guardian(s) has to be there since if anything goes haywire they can defer to the adult rather than leave NBC in a potentially sticky situation.

Yes, so what we're gathering from the contestants is they had to spend several days in quarantine in their hotel rooms, and we know the minors have to be accompanied by an adult throughout their time on the show. So all the under 18's will have a parent with them, and we have to presume they're supposed to be following the same guidelines as the contestant.

• Like 1

Carter isn’t my favorite contestant, but for a 14 yo boy (yeah I said it) he had much more control then I was expecting. The whole age thing gets way overblown on this show, but that age is really hard for boys in terms of voice control.

With teens we tend to see more improvement along the course of the show (chevel is a good example), and with vocal coaches & just a few months of age, Carter is someone who could see a growth arc. 

also minivan loves the dimples 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

He has a lot more technical proficiency that I would expect someone his age to have, not to mention he seems pretty composed on stage.

That being said, he´s still going through puberty, so I wonder how his voice changing might affect his future performances. By the time we get to the lives, we´re bound to hear a change there.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

There's a comment on carter's video on facebook that says:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is this not a 4 chair turn? He is another Jordan Smith tenor who could win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it means @TeamAudra isn't the only one who compared him to Jordan.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

There's a comment on carter's video on facebook that says:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is this not a 4 chair turn? He is another Jordan Smith tenor who could win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it means @TeamAudra isn't the only one who compared him to Jordan.

I think I said he’s potentially a baby Jordan. That doesn’t mean I think he’s in the same league vocally. I might end up actually preferring Carter, though. 

i really hate the "s/he's only X years old" argument because they chose to participate in a competition with adults, so they should be held to the same standard as them for singing. it does not matter to me how old they are; a good adult will beat out a mediocre child for me.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i really hate the "s/he's only X years old" argument because they chose to participate in a competition with adults, so they should be held to the same standard as them for singing. it does not matter to me how old they are; a good adult will beat out a mediocre child for me.

under the instagram post of his performance there are only "14 YEARS OLD? WINNEEEEEEEEEEEEER" ahaha that's ridiculous

• Haha 1

I enjoy Carter's tone and the vocal control he has at his age is impressive, but the "you're only 14" thing is gonna get real old real quick. I don't think he's necessarily going to win the season (or even make it out of the playoffs), but I do think he's a solid vocalist with a lot of potential for a bright future in music - and with kids on this show, that's half the draw of rooting for them.

1 minute ago, marshmallowXpie said:

Tbh I think they shouldn't let 14-year-olds on the Voice. Let the minimum age be 16 (or 15 if they really want).

I'd be on board with a Voice Kids and raising the age limit back to 15 (15 at least wasn't unheard of before they lowered the age limit to 13), but then comes the problems of defining the age range for kids since voices change a lot between elementary schoolers and late middle/early high school age as well as finding a network who'd spring for it.

3 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

the core audience of the voice loves kids, so that might be it

yes but it would work very well, then it would put a fresh wind since there would be new coaches then it would avoid the comments "only 14 YEARS? WINNER"

3 minutes ago, French20 said:

yes but it would work very well, then it would put a fresh wind since there would be new coaches then it would avoid the comments "only 14 YEARS? WINNER"

Bold assumption that they wouldn't try to pull at least one of the current adult coaches in for the kids version (see: will.i.am doing both The Voice UK and The Voice UK kids).