The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

10 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I think whoever wins the PV in Blake’s team between Jim and Ian will win. I don’t think he will save the other tho.

I don’t see it with Ian. If he gets the PV, we could have a winner from Team Kelly.

....or Carter. LOL

Edited by TeamAudra

4 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

That was.... really good actually. I think Gwen has got a contender, folks!

I was expecting Carter and his song choices to be pageant-y, but his song choice was one of the coolest this season, and he did it really well. I'm shook.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Surprisingly solid. I can already see him dominating over all social media (Minivan is going to eat him up :haha:)

I think he might actually be the best shot for a win that Gwen has ever had.

• Like 4

Welll.. wow Carter omg. I super loved that, his tone is so beautiful. Funny how Kelly said "she" at the beginning 😂.

This is gonna be hard man, Team Gwen have contenders after all! Payge and Carter have had two of the best auditions for me so far. I am so wrong for underestimating her team from the start.

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 5

The last time Gwen used the sentence;

You Don't Look Like Your Voice 

was to Jordan Smith and now she said that to Carter. I hope he does well in the next rounds and I'm waiting for his KO performance You Say because I think that's a great song choice for him to showcase his power.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, antikid said:

I don't recall this happening before, I mean the last spot on a team getting the edit to be aired sooner?

I remember rumors that in S12 the last spot on Team Gwen went to Davina Leone rather than whoever actually ended up taking it on the show, but she was only shown an episode before the end of Blinds and not a full week early. 

If Carter's this early, my bet for who closes out Team Gwen goes to Lain since he took spot 9 of 10 on the team, so editorially it's not a big stretch - plus if they air it so Emmalee or whoever they choose to air as Kelly's last addition goes before Gwen's team wraps, they can leave out Kelly's reaction to Lain more easily since if her team's full, the camera won't have to focus on her breaking down.

Carter being the leak was completely unexpected but he’s amazing!

Tbh with Carter on Monday’s episode I can see it going like this (not in order)

Carter (Gwen)

Ben (Blake)

Kelsie (Kelly)

Rio (John)

Payton (Blake)

Desz (Kelly)

Tori (Gwen)

Ryan (Gwen)

Olivia (John)

updating this list when we start to get the posts hinting the artist’s appearance on Monday lol

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I remember rumors that in S12 the last spot on Team Gwen went to Davina Leone rather than whoever actually ended up taking it on the show, but she was only shown an episode before the end of Blinds and not a full week early. 

If Carter's this early, my bet for who closes out Team Gwen goes to Lain since he took spot 9 of 10 on the team, so editorially it's not a big stretch - plus if they air it so Emmalee or whoever they choose to air as Kelly's last addition goes before Gwen's team wraps, they can leave out Kelly's reaction to Lain more easily since if her team's full, the camera won't have to focus on her breaking down.

Agree, Lain seems like the most efficient option. Otherwise if not Lain I think Larriah could also be an easy edit for last spot.

edit: Assuming Larriah was a one chair turn

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

I was expecting a little more from Carter, knowing how big his voice can go (or rather, could have gone 5 years ago), but perhaps he's holding back and just showing enough to get through the BA so he can shock later on. I'm excited to see how he starts to let loose over the course of the competition. Also hoping we get some new additions to his fan thread 🙂

So I’m guessing when Gwen’s team actually fills up, they won’t have Gwen’s reaction of saying her teams full. Most likely they’ll just have a confessional about it. Realistically it doesn’t really matter unless she was the only coach with a spot left because they usually do the confetti when the last team is filled.

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Jozy Bernadette was Gwen's last artist on Season 12 who was paired to Troy Ramey in the battles. Davina Leone, on the other hand, was a montaged blind audition. Fortunately, the producers uploaded the full performances of the montaged artists.

Just watched the leak. I wonder if we have any live footage to go off of from the last year or so, he sounded great and not pitchy here - which was my biggest worry - but considering we've had issues with pitch disguised in the Blinds before (and younger artists tend to struggle more) I'm not ruling it out yet. This is also the strongest pitch I've seen Gwen give all season, so I'm not surprised he went with her.

Also surprised he wasn't paired with Lain for a battle now that we know both of them sang Lewis Capaldi in the blinds, but Larriah seems like the next-best fit on the team so that should be a solid battle too.

5 minutes ago, rp3598 said:

So I’m guessing when Gwen’s team actually fills up, they won’t have Gwen’s reaction of saying her teams full. Most likely they’ll just have a confessional about it. Realistically it doesn’t really matter unless she was the only coach with a spot left because they usually do the confetti when the last team is filled.

They could do "My team is full!", cut to the confessional/little snippet they do about the artist, and finish the voiceover from that while they show her prepping/aiming the T-shirt cannon. Who knows?

• Like 1