• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Contestant: *demonstrates some form of love or affection for their wife or children*   Y'all:  

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Obviously none of us know exactly how being in the virtual audience is gonna work, but a couple points I want to touch on:

-I believe you have to show your ID at the regular tapings, so I imagine you'd have to submit some form of ID as well for the online tapings. So if you're underage, I still wouldn't really bank on being allowed in quite yet...

-If you do get in, I'm not sure how they'd enforce you not recording/live tweeting/writing down stuff - but please don't live Tweet/stream/record/whatever the taping. For your own safety.

-This is kind of going to sound suuuuper possessive on my part and I hate that, but please don't immediately post spoilers on this thread for everyone to see. First off, that'll make you a target for the NBC executives or whoever is reading the forums (the contestants and NBC know very well about the forum - that's no secret.) If you want to avoid potential legal issues, try to keep that stuff of the threads. You may be anonymous on the forums, but it's not that hard to find several people's real life information and seek them out. The reason why we wait until after blinds are done taping to post the names and spoilers is so that we can seek out sources that did attend and are willing to share information that we know to be accurate (or at least not intentionally inaccurate) and avoid people just trying to give fake information for attention based on the names that they know. Y'all remember when we got those 2 conflicting sources in the second battle taping for S16 and one of them turned out to be a complete lie? That's what we're trying to avoid. When people know names, there's going to be some people that are inclined to give fake info just because they saw names. It's an attention thing, I kind of get it. Being willing to share important knowledge that we're trying to seek out is great and we absolutely appreciate even the smallest tip, but intentionally misleading the people trying to provide accurate information for everyone else is wrong.

(Here's the possessive sounding part sorry - ) We'd much rather prefer that you reach out to us privately if you attend the taping/have any info or spoilers. That way we can crosscheck it with other sources and verify that it's accurate or clarify things between multiple sources, if necessary (we keep everything confidential). If a source is able to give contestants whose names we don't already have down and we're able to find them - then it's more likely to be accurate. I promise we're not trying to hoard info or anything, we get no benefit from that anyways. We're just trying to deliver the most accurate information possible to everyone while also trying to maintain the sources' safety.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 3
39 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Obviously none of us know exactly how being in the virtual audience is gonna work, but a couple points I want to touch on:

-I believe you have to show your ID at the regular tapings, so I imagine you'd have to submit some form of ID as well for the online tapings. So if you're underage, I still wouldn't really bank on being allowed in quite yet...

-If you do get in, I'm not sure how they'd enforce you not recording/live tweeting/writing down stuff - but please don't live Tweet/stream/record/whatever the taping. For your own safety.

-This is kind of going to sound suuuuper possessive on my part and I hate that, but please don't immediately post spoilers on this thread for everyone to see. First off, that'll make you a target for the NBC executives or whoever is reading the forums (the contestants and NBC know very well about the forum - that's no secret.) If you want to avoid potential legal issues, try to keep that stuff of the threads. You may be anonymous on the forums, but it's not that hard to find several people's real life information and seek them out. The reason why we wait until after blinds are done taping to post the names and spoilers is so that we can seek out sources that did attend and are willing to share information that we know to be accurate (or at least not intentionally inaccurate) and avoid people just trying to give fake information for attention based on the names that they know. Y'all remember when we got those 2 conflicting sources in the second battle taping for S16 and one of them turned out to be a complete lie? That's what we're trying to avoid. When people know names, there's going to be some people that are inclined to give fake info just because they saw names. It's an attention thing, I kind of get it. Being willing to share important knowledge that we're trying to seek out is great and we absolutely appreciate even the smallest tip, but intentionally misleading the people trying to provide accurate information for everyone else is wrong.

(Here's the possessive sounding part sorry - ) We'd much rather prefer that you reach out to us privately if you attend the taping/have any info or spoilers. That way we can crosscheck it with other sources and verify that it's accurate or clarify things between multiple sources, if necessary (we keep everything confidential). If a source is able to give contestants whose names we don't already have down and we're able to find them - then it's more likely to be accurate. I promise we're not trying to hoard info or anything, we get no benefit from that anyways. We're just trying to deliver the most accurate information possible to everyone while also trying to maintain the sources' safety.

Igu! So the week after blinds are taped I will send you guys on this forum who the contestants are and who I remember!

17 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Igu! So the week after blinds are taped I will send you guys on this forum who the contestants are and who I remember!

It would be best if you tell Someone the information privately so he can crosscheck with other sources, esc. and NBC executives won't make you a target since you are spreading news that is not supposed to be released yet.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

You shouldn’t be publicizing that you’ll send spoilers on a forum that everyone can see. Sort of going against what Someone said so you should just keep all of that through private messaging so you don’t get in trouble.

Edited by rp3598
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

does anyone know how many people are chosen to do the blind audition?

I believe the initial number is about 120 that get invited to LA, before blinds they cut it down by at least 30-40/send some people home, and that leaves it around the 80s in terms of people who they'll actually let perform on the stage

33 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

90-100 

ETA: I see I was beaten to the punch. A few seasons ago, one of the contestants (can’t remember which one) said there were 90 during that particular season. There are a lot of no chair turners. 

Edited by TeamAudra
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

90-100 

ETA: I see I was beaten to the punch. A few seasons ago, one of the contestants (can’t remember which one) said there were 90 during that particular season. There are a lot of no chair turners. 

A lot of no-chairs plus I'd imagine there's normally at least a couple who don't make it to the stage because all the teams fill up before that point (don't quote me on this though).

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

A lot of no-chairs plus I'd imagine there's normally at least a couple who don't make it to the stage because all the teams fill up before that point (don't quote me on this though).

I'm guessing that's what happened to Liam last season 👀. So hopefully he will get earlier slot this time. 

9 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

in general, they like to have 2x the number of spots to be filled. Last season, they only needed 40, so they might have cut the pool to 80. Every other time since S3, it’s been 48 spots, so 90-100.

They  never want a repeat of S1!!

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, LukeB1219 said:

What happened S1

They had to do "second chance" auditions because only 33 people signed up (so room for all coaches to fill their teams of eight plus one no-chair)  and by the end of the first round of all 33, three of the coaches still had room on their teams.

8 hours ago, Archanium said:

I'm guessing that's what happened to Liam last season 👀. So hopefully he will get earlier slot this time. 

Liam St John was supposed to be on season 18?

He reminds me of Thunderstorm but with a stronger and sharper voice 

Edited by xxxthevoicexxx
8 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

They had to do "second chance" auditions because only 33 people signed up (so room for all coaches to fill their teams of eight plus one no-chair)  and by the end of the first round of all 33, three of the coaches still had room on their teams.

One  poor girl got no-chaired 2x in the same season.

Sonia Rao, her name lives in Voice infamy.

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

One  poor girl got no-chaired 2x in the same season.

Sonia Rao, her name lives in Voice infamy.

Wow, I wasn’t aware of that. Is this her?

https://instagram.com/soniarao?igshid=nkz4m4ssg822

It’s amazing there are so many no chairs, considering how many hurdles they have to clear just to get to that point. In many cases, it’s probably nerves. 

Edited by TeamAudra
3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s amazing there are so many no chairs, considering how many hurdles they have to clear just to get to that point. In many cases, it’s probably nerves. 

Nerves, bad song choice, limited spots, and if a team has a solid foundation where a coach might be looking for a specific type voice to match up with artists then someone they might normally take might not be the right fit for that season.

20 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I have a possible suggestion? I think it would be cool if you posted it as you got the information, but clearly stated at the beginning that this information is tentative and has not been cross-checked. I at least would prefer spoilers that are 50% likely to be correct than getting full spoilers later tbh.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I have a possible suggestion? I think it would be cool if you posted it as you got the information, but clearly stated at the beginning that this information is tentative and has not been cross-checked. I at least would prefer spoilers that are 50% likely to be correct than getting full spoilers later tbh.

I like this idea....because we can help to see if it’s accurate or not 

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

I like this idea....because we can help to see if it’s accurate or not 

There will always be trolls that'll verify or dismiss information just for their enjoyment

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, antikid said:

There will always be trolls that'll verify or dismiss information just for their enjoyment

Oh wow well is there a way we can have a group and talk there privately about unconfirmed spoilers? Rather than waiting so long

23 minutes ago, antikid said:

obviously its cool if the spoilers are right (and I'm guessing around half or more will be) but if not, I don't mind having some new singing insta accounts to follow during this break between the voice Australia and the voice USA

• Like 1
9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

From what I've observed most of the contestants in the first two days that don't get nervous and mess up and sing arrangements that sufficiently show their vocal ability usually make it on a team. The later into the auditions the more slots fill up on teams and the coaches that are on the panel now mostly like having diversity on their teams so if they already have a couple people that are in the same genre lane and the same gender they won't turn. 

23 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Keep in mind that this was S1, so no one knew if it would work or the level of talent that had been scouted. The coaches were somewhat skeptical. There’s an interview with Adam Levine where he confesses that he assumed the contestants would kind of suck. One of my favorites, Rebecca Loebe has talked about how she booked a European tour for right after the Blinds because she didn’t expect anything to come of it. 

Combining all that with the fact that they only recruited 33 artists, it makes sense that there were multiple spots to fill. The coaches were actually less picky, since they only rejected 6 artists overall.