The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Oh, FGS, every season they tell at least 10-15 people that they will make the 4 person final. If you can’t distinguish pitching like a used car salesman from actual critique, you’re a naive idiot. And Marisa has been at this too long for that excuse.

this is the kind of thing you would know if you watched the show and i doubt most contestants do

just listened... and taryn can do much better than this. i will assume this is partially because of the loud band but she didn’t get any huge notes, which i know she can hit. i have faith that she’ll do well in future rounds but bandzilla made this seem worse than it needed to:( 

15 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

just listened... and taryn can do much better than this. i will assume this is partially because of the loud band but she didn’t get any huge notes, which i know she can hit. i have faith that she’ll do well in future rounds but bandzilla made this seem worse than it needed to:( 

Didn’t get any huge notes? Maybe listen again...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

the first auditions weren't great, apart from John...

Payge, I thought that was going to surprise me in view of several who already said "winner" frankly, if she finishes 4th it's not bad enough ..

hope this season won't be as boring as the first episode

21 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

yeah after relistening a few times i think it might just be the band, they were very very loud

Yes, it’s been established the band is too loud, just like it was for Tamara, Payge and several others. Maybe they’re going for more of a rock concert feel with no studio audience. But, after the first 25 seconds, it was one big note after another. This is a song I’d actually prefer to hear in a later round, with a more complete version, but this The Voice and they have 90 seconds to prove they belong, so we get mostly big notes. She was clearly nailing them, and there’s enough evidence out there to know she didn’t need autotune. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Yes, it’s been established the band is too loud, just like it was for Tamara, Payge and several others. Maybe they’re going for more of a rock concert feel with no studio audience. But, after the first 25 seconds, it was one big note after another. This is a song I’d actually prefer to hear in a later round, with a more complete version, but this The Voice and they have 90 seconds to prove they belong, so we get mostly big notes. She was clearly nailing them, and there’s enough evidence out there to know she didn’t need autotune. 

yeah i couldn't really hear it too well but i trust that she did hit those notes well knowing what i know about her. as long as they fix the band arrangements for future rounds i'll be happy (or maybe they can screw over some other contestants with the band :ph34rwave:)

Taryn sounded great - it's unfortunate that bandzilla cut loose right after the first bit of audience cheering, but she did pretty well considering that happened.

(Also lol at her noticing the block before Kelly - I know Kelly's not the most observant with this but even so she normally notices she's blocked before the end of an audition)

1 minute ago, Angelbright said:

Even if the band was too loud y’all should still be able to hear the power of her voice and this was not it her high notes was powerless which is confusing because her battle she was full of power. I just felt like she was under, kinda disappointed 

Took the words out of my mouth.

2 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Even if the band was too loud y’all should still be able to hear the power of her voice and this was not it her high notes was powerless which is confusing because her battle she was full of power. I just felt like she was under, kinda disappointed 

I know she's capable of better - I wonder if the band going as loud as it did threw her off her game a bit?

17 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Taryn sounded great - it's unfortunate that bandzilla cut loose right after the first bit of audience cheering, but she did pretty well considering that happened.

(Also lol at her noticing the block before Kelly - I know Kelly's not the most observant with this but even so she normally notices she's blocked before the end of an audition)

16 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

welcome angelbright! it's really good to hear that she was full of power in her battle rounds (which means that she didn't get bandzilla on that performance).

i do agree that taken face-value this wasn't super super amazing, but with the context of her getting bandizillad, it makes more sense to me. i think the BA probably would get a 9 or so normally from me, but ill probably knock it down just cause i can't hear her. she's still on my favorites list based on pre-blind stuff that i find more indicative of how good she is.

15 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I know she's capable of better - I wonder if the band going as loud as it did threw her off her game a bit?

she probably had to switch it up in the middle of her performance to try and keep up with it, which would definitely ahve made things harder. what's really impressive is that i couldn't tell that she got "thrown off" at all if she did. she has this super excited energy too that im really here for! her personality is probably my favorite so far along w tamara 🙂