7 minutes ago, French20 said:

I don't know if it's thanks to Nick since it almost started as soon as your country was confined, hence the strong audiences

it's the same in our country, with confinement, The Voice S9 worked strongly

That definitely helped at least from Battles onward, but for most of the Blind Auditions my part of the United States (which is on the edge of where the show is most popular but was also a state that took the initial lockdowns more seriously) we didn't really go into full-blown lockdown until late March - according to a quick check, the first day of my home state's "stay at home" order coincides with the first day of Battles, so the part of the show that most not-obsessed people watch was already done.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Contestant: *demonstrates some form of love or affection for their wife or children*   Y'all:  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol Jason Warrior is now on AI newest season. So this guy went from The voice, to the four, to Sunday best, and now American idol 🤣. Does he get a break??

The real question - does his entitled attitude finally drop (given how his exit from the Four went and blew up in his face)?

• Like 9
1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

That definitely helped at least from Battles onward, but for most of the Blind Auditions my part of the United States (which is on the edge of where the show is most popular but was also a state that took the initial lockdowns more seriously) we didn't really go into full-blown lockdown until late March - according to a quick check, the first day of my home state's "stay at home" order coincides with the first day of Battles, so the part of the show that most not-obsessed people watch was already done.

then this season there were a lot of great performances in the battles, especially that of Nick with Allegra / Michael and the Roderick / Johanna duo

then the home performances have literally killed off this season, and what finished it was the announcement of the winner

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Some possible reasons for the low number of views/interactions across all social media platforms. 

-People weren’t that impressed with Tamara’s performance, hence the low number of shares. 

-They’ve already seen Tamara on the show, numerous times. We talk about the tendency of the producers to bring in at least one contestant like her every season. This season, we have two. Viewers are craving something different. In the absence of originality, they will default to someone like Jim. 

-People are bored with the show, and no longer wait breathlessly for the leak. 

I think it’s a combination of all of the above. 

The TV numbers for a lot of stuff this fall have been dreadful. Especially stuff that has date shifted. There are to many things on TV all at once, with sports, covid, and the presidential election, and to many people who gave up TV over the pandemic. Which is to say, I think ratings are going to be low this season for the voice. 

(also I love the site re-design)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

The TV numbers for a lot of stuff this fall have been dreadful. Especially stuff that has date shifted. There are to many things on TV all at once, with sports, covid, and the presidential election, and to many people who gave up TV over the pandemic. Which is to say, I think ratings are going to be low this season for the voice. 

(also I love the site re-design)

Yeahhh same with the Masked singer they usually have 2.0 (18-34) and like 8 Mill views per episode. Now they’re getting 1.5 with about 5 million views. So I can see the voice views taking a dip this season.

but yeah that can also add to the list of why the views are low

Edited by jus.vshn
3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Yeahhh same with the Masked singer they usually have 2.0 (18-34) and like 8 Mill views per episode. Now they’re getting 1.5 with about 5 million views. So I can see the voice views taking a dip this season.

but yeah that can also add to the list of why the views are low

Mask singer is really really really really bad, they get the audience they deserve

1 minute ago, French20 said:

Mask singer is really really really really bad, they get the audience they deserve

Ughh I hate that show lol. I can’t wait until that gets replaced with an actual singing competition show

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

The real question - does his entitled attitude finally drop (given how his exit from the Four went and blew up in his face)?

he was a good singer, but i was revolted by his attitude... i hope for his own sake that he'll be better on AI

• Like 1
Just now, ashwinner said:

he was a good singer, but i was revolted by his attitude... i hope for his own sake that he'll be better on AI

Same, I'd rather support someone who's a 7.5 or 8/10 vocalist that's also a semi-likable person than a jerk who's a 9 or 9.5/10 vocalist. Hopefully in the last couple years he's learned a little humility.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

He definitely won’t do well in the AI votes if he keeps that attitude up. We saw this in Season 18 with Cyniah Elise and Nick Merico... :/ 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 3
Just now, VintageVoice said:

Same, I'd rather support someone who's a 7.5 or 8/10 vocalist that's also a semi-likable person than a jerk who's a 9 or 9.5/10 vocalist. Hopefully in the last couple years he's learned a little humility.

i totally agree with that assessment, although i won't hold my breath for him lol

ali put me off a little bit actually, but b/c she was a really good vocalist and there wasn't anything major i still supporter her 

• Like 2

So per the app update, I think knockouts will start Nov 17th (team is 12 for blinds and battles, reduces to 8pm at noon that day). Further reduction to 3 on Wednesday November 25th. I would guess first live show week is Nov 30/Dec 1

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

Ughh I hate that show lol. I can’t wait until that gets replaced with an actual singing competition show

Oh wow I didn't know a lot hate Masked Singer. I personally love the idea of it, I just love how they give chance for artists to show their talent without judging them from their appearance made by the people that basically was meant to hate them lmao. But, yeah, I prefer The Four more than it but for me it is a good singing competition show, because it is all about the voice, not the appearance and all

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol Jason Warrior is now on AI newest season. So this guy went from The voice, to the four, to Sunday best, and now American idol 🤣. Does he get a break??

Lmao nice for trying but his attitude while on The Four was a MAJOR TURN OFF. It is a shame because I super loved him on The Voice (side note: his battle with Christian was one of the BEST battles on The Voice). He is just too full of himself, tone it down honey

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Seems like that´s gonna be the case with Marissa vs Tanner this season.

Just now, Misirlou said:

Seems like that´s gonna be the case with Marissa vs Tanner this season.

from my understanding, marisa wasn't a jerk so much as thinking a little highly of herself? i do not think it was as much as jason but perhaps im wrong

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

from my understanding, marisa wasn't a jerk so much as thinking a little highly of herself? i do not think it was as much as jason but perhaps im wrong

I doubt she will be as arrogant as Jason, but this is not a good look either.

-Marisa gave a speech to the coaches about how she her performance showed off her "true artistry," etc. She also name dropped that she knows the woman who wrote the song.

• Like 2
Just now, Misirlou said:

-Marisa gave a speech to the coaches about how she her performance showed off her "true artistry," etc. She also name dropped that she knows the woman who wrote the song.

lol yeah thats really... yucky to me, i hope they cut it because as much as she should probably be exposed im not looking forward to seeing that

i do hope they keep the knife in the heart lmao thats gonna be hilarious 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

lol yeah thats really... yucky to me, i hope they cut it because as much as she should probably be exposed im not looking forward to seeing that

i do hope they keep the knife in the heart lmao thats gonna be hilarious 

The other question I have - what was Tanner's reaction to that whole situation?

Tamara is actually going good on Facebook for the circumstances she’s in. None of the coaches reposted it (like they always do from previous seasons), NBC didn’t repost it. Lol so this is all her. Without any boosts.

• Like 6

Predicitions

Opener: Ben Allen (Team Blake)

Lauren (Team Gwen)

Rio S (Team Legend)

Marisa Cornvo (Team Kelly)

Eli Z (Team Kelly)

Taryn Papa (Team Blake)

Payge Turner (Team Gwen)

Ryan Gallagher (Team Kelly) - interchangeable with the other Ryan

Tamara Jade (Team Legend)

I actually love the way IDF looks in mobile now, haven't seen it in desktop yet

4 hours ago, French20 said:

then the home performances have literally killed off this season, and what finished it was the announcement of the winner

Yeah, S18 was super talented, but I didn't finish the season becasue:

- It was the first season that wasn't broadcasted in my country since I started watching The Voice, idk why, so it was harder to find the episodes to watch (I had to find them subtitled as my mother doesn't know English and likes to watch it too)

- With the home performances i decided the effort to find the episodes, find the subtitles, download the files, it just wasn't worth it

- My decision was proven correct when Todd Tilghman won

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I had no idea this happened, it isn't an attitude as arrogant as Jason was (He was infuriating on The Four lol) but it's not a good look at all... 

• Like 1