Just now, TeamAudra said:

Past contestants like Kyla, Rose and a few others absolutely slayed every single time. I mean, viewers were left with no doubt they were good, whether they were gonna vote for them, or not. This is going to garner a very mixed reaction from the audience. I would prefer that she used fewer of the vocal techniques you referred to, honestly. 

I personally enjoyed her, but I agree she´s probably not gonna get the best reaction from the audience, especially with the apparently more versatile Desz around the corner.

• Like 3
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Contestant: *demonstrates some form of love or affection for their wife or children*   Y'all:  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Past contestants like Kyla, Rose and a few others absolutely slayed every single time. I mean, viewers were left with no doubt they were good, whether they were gonna vote for them, or not. This is going to garner a very mixed reaction from the audience. I would prefer that she used fewer of the vocal techniques you referred to, honestly. 

matty love GIF by The Bachelorette Australia

Edited by Bk1234
2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol I was waiting for your snarky remark.

If I liked it I would say so. I’ll always say what I think, even when it’s my snowflake (see Joanna last season).  

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Also...is it just me, or is the band too loud in the sound mix?

OMG that's it! That's the one that is off for me on that performance. That's why it looked like Tamara was screaming or something at the second half, because the band is freakin' too loud

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

i... kind of agree. i found myself wincing at the extreme growling at some points, despite the fact that i really wanted to like her. 

i would have liked it if she toned it down as well, but im willing to take it until we see desz.

And we're officially back! ❤️

I understand the criticism for some of the messiness/growling/etc, but that's the nature of the song so for her audition's minor faults, I'll definitely say that it felt authentic. She sang it the way it's supposed to be sung, flaws and all.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

I understand the criticism for some of the messiness/growling/etc, but that's the nature of the song so for her audition's minor faults, I'll definitely say that it felt authentic. She sang it the way it's supposed to be sung, flaws and all.

Right!! Just how Lizzo sang it.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

i agree, listening to the original song, it is supposed to be a little messy and also the growling feels like an innate part of the song. the music video implies that its sang while lizzo was crying (although this likely wasn't the case) and i think that tamara captures the emotion pretty well for someone... you know... not crying lolol

• Like 4

The Sun Mask >>> Tamara tbh.

I agree that the band was probably too loud and it caused her to fumble in the beginning of the song. Once she began to adjust, she got better. I feel like Tamara will excel more on slower songs because she was barely on the beat of the song. JMO. She's got personality in spades though, and that's gonna count for something on a reality TV show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

I agree that the band was probably too loud and it caused her to fumble in the beginning of the song. Once she began to adjust, she got better. I feel like Tamara will excel more on slower songs because she was barely on the beat of the song. JMO. She's got personality in spades though, and that's gonna count for something on a reality TV show.

i think the personality will help, although i think that the band being loud wasn't the only issue, i think she had some breath control issues at the beginning with the rap, as gwen noted

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Personally, I'd give Tamara an A-; she did really well with a song that has a lot of vocal acrobatics/dimensions in it and though it wasn't necessarily totally flawless, those chair turns were well deserved and it still sounded like her own rather than a carbon copy of the original (though ofc it definitely more than paid homage to the original).

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Right!! Just how Lizzo sang it.

No, it’s not. FTR I love Lizzo. Lizzo has 100% more technique in her performance. Everything is enunciated. You can let loose, and growl, and rap, and still maintain control of your breath, the words, and the notes. 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 5
6 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

THIS! Sun's version was PHENOMENAL (well, she is a seasoned singer so no doubt about it). Will rewatch sun's performance later ✊

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

She´s doing a H.E.R song for her battle, so maybe she´ll have a chance to go smoother on that performance.

The opening bit of her audition (before the chairs turn and the band kicks in) was quite smooth, so I think she's plenty capable of handling that battle song.

• Like 3
Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

THIS! Sun's version was PHENOMENAL (well, she is a seasoned singer so no doubt about it). Will rewatch sun's performance later ✊

I haven't really followed this season of The Masked Singer that closely but I've rewatched that performance so many times it's maybe not healthy.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

No, it’s not. FTR I love Lizzie. Lizzie has 100% more technique in her performance. Everything is enunciated. You can let loose, and growl, and rap, and still maintain control of your breath, the words, and the notes. 

Lol noted.

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If I liked it I would say so. I’ll always say what I think, even when it’s my snowflake (see Joanna last season).  

I personally love TeamAudra's remarks. She is always on point of her criticism. So keep it up!! It is also interesting to read 😁

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

No, it’s not. FTR I love Lizzie. Lizzie has 100% more technique in her performance. Everything is enunciated. You can let loose, and growl, and rap, and still maintain control of your breath, the words, and the notes. 

Which is why Tamara's a four-chair turn; she's got a great voice (clearly) and has a lot of the basics in place, she just needs some technical refinements that'll give her that last push from "great" to "phenomenal" - notice that the two coaches generally considered to be the strongest technically are the two that turned almost immediately, while the two that sat back and waited are the ones who can recognize that somebody's got a great voice but may be a little less technically sound (as coaches).

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The opening bit of her audition (before the chairs turn and the band kicks in) was quite smooth, so I think she's plenty capable of handling that battle song.

Agree with this. It’s an audition and she probably tried to do to much. Reign it in a little, and maybe stay away from rapping. Her tone at the beginning was nice.

It’s more the coaches who are less into runs. Gwen is the one who pointed out the technical flaws (and the coach who has done the most rapping, although she’s not the only one capable)

Edited by seak05
  • Like 4

OMG THE LEAK IS FREAKING OUT I AM SCREAMING- sorry I just got a little ahead of myself, I am in the middle of an exam for online school and the leak is out so I am a little freaked out... Imma give my opinion after I watch it lol

• Haha 6
5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

It’s more the coaches who are less into runs. Gwen is the one who pointed out the technical flaws (and the coach who has done the most rapping, although she’s not the only one capable)

According to Blake, he's a rap legend 🤣 I wasn't expecting Gwen to point out the technical flaws, though that's a good point about her own experiences with rapping likely making it easier for her to notice if that's where an artist struggles.

Anyway, I do think picking John was a solid choice for Tamara - he's got the similarity in genre, he's got a solid ear for technique, he's laid-back especially compared to her vivacious personality, and he's willing to call his artists out when there's some errors. Clearly, picking John paid off, seeing how Tamara's now in prep mode for the lives this November/December.

• Like 3