Jump to content

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:


Ian was a one chair, eh? Maybe they will montage him to try to prevent a country takeover. There is so much male country this season, and they will likely want to keep it to one or two, post playoff. 
 

So, I very briefly checked out his YT, and noticed a couple things. 
 

- He’s a fantastic guitar player. 
- He has a mumbly tone that might prove to be polarizing with the audience. He doesn’t pronounce the “R” and the “W.” I don’t care for it, honestly. 
 

 

do you remember how critical minivan was about allegra's enunciation (particularly in her KO)? i assume that they'd go easier on ian than her, so if they weren't too bothered then ian might still be fine

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i think that he should have dropped one of them because otherwise one would definitely get robbed in POs. However, I think Cami was not a strong choice for this; dropping Tamara for Blake to pick up would have been good imo, because John and Tamara both occupy the RnB lane, so John H. and Cami would not be stealing votes from each other in later rounds? 

I kinda feel like Tamara would have gone to Kelly not Blake, with John out of the equation, Tamara feels more like Kelly's lane (and we've seen Kelly is good with powerhouses as she did amazing with Kymberli in S15), had Tamara went to Team Kelly, i'm guessing it would've been not so great for DeSz cuz there would be two artists occupying the powerhouse lane in Team Kelly

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Ian was a one chair, eh? Maybe they will montage him to try to prevent a country takeover. There is so much male country this season, and they will likely want to keep it to one or two, post playoff. 
 

So, I very briefly checked out his YT, and noticed a couple things. 
 

- He’s a fantastic guitar player. 
- He has a mumbly tone that might prove to be polarizing with the audience. He doesn’t pronounce the “R” and the “W.” I don’t care for it, honestly. 
 

 

That is his battle song, correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

do you remember how critical minivan was about allegra's enunciation (particularly in her KO)? i assume that they'd go easier on ian than her, so if they weren't too bothered then ian might still be fine


I was also critical of Allegra’s enunciation. It’s probably the reason she didn’t go further. I don’t think it was just minivan. It was a real thing, as it clearly is with Ian. Of course, some of minivan will give him a pass, like you said. It was Blake’s job to thin the herd and he failed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


I was also critical of Allegra’s enunciation. It’s probably the reason she didn’t go further. I don’t think it was just minivan. It was a real thing, as it clearly is with Ian. Of course, some of minivan will give him a pass, like you said. It was Blake’s job to thin the herd and he failed. 

The only reason she didn’t go further was because she was up against Thunderstorm and the format twist in the semi finals. Otherwise she would’ve easily made the Top 4/5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Ian was a one chair, eh? Maybe they will montage him to try to prevent a country takeover. There is so much male country this season, and they will likely want to keep it to one or two, post playoff. 
 

So, I very briefly checked out his YT, and noticed a couple things. 
 

- He’s a fantastic guitar player. 
- He has a mumbly tone that might prove to be polarizing with the audience. He doesn’t pronounce the “R” and the “W.” I don’t care for it, honestly. 
 

 

 

Here We Go Again GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious to see what sort of edit they do for Lain or if he might end up getting montaged. I can't remember what was said about how he actually did in his blind performance, I'm only remembering what happened with Kelly and I'm not convinced the producers will milk that moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

The only reason she didn’t go further was because she was up against Thunderstorm and the format twist in the semi finals. Otherwise she would’ve easily made the Top 4/5.


Based on....?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Based on....?

With the format of Season 9, Thunderstorm, Todd and Toneisha would have been hands down the Top 3. Megan, Zan and Joanna (considering her horrible song choice in the Top 9) would've been bottom 3. That would've left with CamWess, Micah and Allegra in the Middle 3 competing for the Instant Save. I think Allegra would've had a decent chance of winning the Save and making it to the finale. (In 4th place, but still)

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

With the format of Season 9, Thunderstorm, Todd and Toneisha would have been hands down the Top 3. Megan, Zan and Joanna (considering her horrible song choice in the Top 9) would've been bottom 3. That would've left with CamWess, Micah and Allegra in the Middle 3 competing for the Instant Save. I think Allegra would've had a decente chance of winning the Save and making it to the finale. (In 4th place, but still)


I can’t see Allegra winning that hypothetical IS imo (I would say Joanna had a better chance than Allegra), but we will never know.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daillon said:


I can’t see Allegra winning that hypothetical IS imo (I would say Joanna had a better chance than Allegra), but we will never know.

That plus Team Blake's got the biggest backing force in all of the hardcore Blake stans who'll vote for whoever he has vs. Team Nick being more of a gamble in terms of fan backing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roundtown said:

I'm curious to see what sort of edit they do for Lain or if he might end up getting montaged. I can't remember what was said about how he actually did in his blind performance, I'm only remembering what happened with Kelly and I'm not convinced the producers will milk that moment.

I think he's gonna be shown, but they probably will find a way to edit Kelly out (AKA not showing her since she didnt even pitch apparently). Its his battle I'm mostly certain that will be montaged since apparently it wasnt good on both sides.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

With the format of Season 9, Thunderstorm, Todd and Toneisha would have been hands down the Top 3. Megan, Zan and Joanna (considering her horrible song choice in the Top 9) would've been bottom 3. That would've left with CamWess, Micah and Allegra in the Middle 3 competing for the Instant Save. I think Allegra would've had a decente chance of winning the Save and making it to the finale. (In 4th place, but still)


It could have gone one of many ways...not “easily” made the top 4/5, which is what I responded to. All we know is she couldn’t beat the 3rd place finisher. She might have been able to, if it weren’t for the mumbling, which proved to be extremely polarizing, and probably cost her a lot of votes. Hell, she might have even been able to get 1st or 2nd place. The runner-up spot was certainly up for grabs, at least. That was my point.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:


I was also critical of Allegra’s enunciation. It’s probably the reason she didn’t go further. I don’t think it was just minivan. It was a real thing, as it clearly is with Ian. Of course, some of minivan will give him a pass, like you said. It was Blake’s job to thin the herd and he failed. 

oh, i meant it as a question, i didn't check facebook to see how minivan reacted, but it's clear that they didn't like it i guess. i guess we just have to wait and see how minivan takes to ian

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still feel like in Lain and Chloe’s battle, Lain would have been the smarter choice (Chloe was boring, she wasn’t as interesting). 
- I don’t think Lain did that bad, it just wasn’t up to par on what he did in his blinds. Gwen stated that Lain was her #1 favorite in her team...and she was bummed to let him go.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ottoship said:

I still feel like in Lain and Chloe’s battle, Lain would have been the smarter choice (Chloe was boring, she wasn’t as interesting). 
- I don’t think Lain did that bad, it just wasn’t up to par on what he did in his blinds. Gwen stated that Lain was her #1 favorite in her team...and she was bummed to let him go.

You attended the taping? If so, how were the other ones as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

You attended the taping? If so, how were the other ones as well?

Larriah vs Carter (both were so good, I preferred Larriah)

John H vs Julia (John didn’t even hesitate to pick John H, and I feel like John H got the better parts of the song)

Jim vs John S (Jim was WAY BETTER)

Skylar vs Tanner (Tanner was very underwhelming, Skylar was a gem.

Cami vs James P (Gwen and Blake were shocked that Cami won, but I wasn’t. She was overall better...but James put a really, really good fight.)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick thought, with a regular format in season 18, we have a clear top 3 (Todd, Toneisha, Thunderstorm). That leaves Allegra, Joanna and maaaaaybe CamWess, fighting for 4th place. We have no particular reason to believe that someone else had an actual chance to make the Finale. 

 

Now, during the IS, Allegra sang "In My Blood" really well but she got a horrible pop-rock arrangement that didn't fit her style at all. With all that considered, I think it’s safe to say that Allegra wasn't intended to be a season 18 finalist, despite looking strong early on. 

 

Allegra deserved and had potential to make the Finale though. She just competed in the wrong season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, echoap said:

Just a quick thought, with a regular format in season 18, we have a clear top 3 (Todd, Toneisha, Thunderstorm). That leaves Allegra, Joanna and maaaaaybe CamWess, fighting for 4th place. We have no particular reason to believe that someone else had an actual chance to make the Finale. 

 

Now, during the IS, Allegra sang "In My Blood" really well but she got a horrible pop-rock arrangement that didn't fit her style at all. With all that considered, I think it’s safe to say that Allegra wasn't intended to be a season 18 finalist, despite looking strong early on. 

 

Allegra deserved and had potential to make the Finale though. She just competed in the wrong season. 

Iirc there was a leak on the votes and the placements (please correct me if I’m wrong and that was fake) but I remember it happening and it looked like this

 

Todd, Thunderstorm, Toneisha (top 3)

Allegra, Cammwess, Micah (middle 3)

Joanna, Megan, Zan (bottom 3)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Iirc there was a leak on the votes and the placements (please correct me if I’m wrong and that was fake) but I remember it happening and it looked like this

 

Todd, Thunderstorm, Toneisha (top 3)

Allegra, Cammwess, Micah (middle 3)

Joanna, Megan, Zan (bottom 3)

I actually think Micah would have won the IS lol. It was his finale performances that brought him down...I always saw him above CammWess.

Edited by Ottoship
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Iirc there was a leak on the votes and the placements (please correct me if I’m wrong and that was fake) but I remember it happening and it looked like this

 

Todd, Thunderstorm, Toneisha (top 3)

Allegra, Cammwess, Micah (middle 3)

Joanna, Megan, Zan (bottom 3)


LOL, that was clearly fake. 
 

She may have made it, but all

we know is that she needed the coach save to make T9, got beat by another member of her team in the semi final, and didn’t get the instant save for the 5th spot. The rest is pure speculation with little evidence to back it up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Iirc there was a leak on the votes and the placements (please correct me if I’m wrong and that was fake) but I remember it happening and it looked like this

 

Todd, Thunderstorm, Toneisha (top 3)

Allegra, Cammwess, Micah (middle 3)

Joanna, Megan, Zan (bottom 3)

I'm 99.9% sure that leak was fake. We'll never know the actual results. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...