The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I could see Adam sitting out on Chris tbh (I don't know why) - but Blake and Gwen definitely would've gone if they had spots left. Coincidentally (as @Rodney pointed out) that was the season without a four-chair in the top 11.

Nah, if you see his audition, as soon as Chris started singing, Adam made a gesture that indicates he would have pushed right away.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol happy 200 pages🥳

Most of it about who, between Tamara, John and Desz will get leaked and/or the pimp spot. Seems like we could split that topic into a different thread, so we don’t have to weed through that discussion every day to get to the good stuff. 😄

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Most of it about who, between Tamara, John and Desz will get leaked and/or the pimp spot. Seems like we could split that topic into a different thread, so we don’t have to weed through that discussion every day to get to the good stuff. 😄

Poof! 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

OK, just to be clear, I was mostly joking here. I do see there is a new thread started on that topic, even though I didn’t mean it literally. :haha:

• Haha 3

I didn't check out Ian Flanigan when the spoilers first came out, because I didn't think I would be that interested, but he's actually got a pretty unique tone. Reminds we of Wade Cota from AI except his voice isn't so gravelly that it sounds broken.

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I didn't check out Ian Flanigan when the spoilers first came out, because I didn't think I would be that interested, but he's actually got a pretty unique tone. Reminds we of Wade Cota from AI except his voice isn't so gravelly that it sounds broken.

He plays a mean guitar as well and his tone is great. I think he might surprise some people.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Does anyone remember the feedback he got from his blind/battle/KO?

His blind got praise for the tone pretty much across the board, the battle didn't get much feedback from the sources but they said he was the deserving winner, and both sources for KO said his performance was at least good/decent. One preferred him, the other preferred James I believe.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

His blind got praise for the tone pretty much across the board, the battle didn't get much feedback from the sources but they said he was the deserving winner, and both sources for KO said his performance was at least good/decent. One preferred him, the other preferred James I believe.

If we're looking for a "shock factor" to do well with Minivan, it might just be him. Who knows? 

30 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

What did they say about Madeline vs Kelsie? Because I feel like Madeline is SEVERELY UNDERRATED in this thread at least

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

If we're looking for a "shock factor" to do well with Minivan, it might just be him. Who knows? 

I think so too. He´s not beating Jim for the PV, but he might be able to sneak in and win the Wildcard.

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I think so too. He´s not beating Jim for the PV, but he might be able to sneak in and win the Wildcard.

So much depends on song choice and...the edit. Especially the edit. It’s all raw footage, and they have a narrative to create. Jim may win the show, but I doubt very much consecutive pastors taking home the trophy is in the script. 

Edited by TeamAudra
6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

So much depends on song choice and...the edit. Especially the edit. It’s all raw footage, and they have a narrative to create. Jim may win the show, but I doubt very much consecutive pastors taking home the trophy is in the script. 

That plus Ian's got a pretty adorable daughter and playing that up for the show could work in his favor, which is very Hoot-like but as someone who's a sucker for cute father-daughter interactions it'd probably work for me.

Ian's probably got the dark horse spot on Team Blake on lock, tbh.

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

That plus Ian's got a pretty adorable daughter and playing that up for the show could work in his favor, which is very Hoot-like but as someone who's a sucker for cute father-daughter interactions it'd probably work for me.

Ian's probably got the dark horse spot on Team Blake on lock, tbh.

Could be, but Ian winning probably isn’t in the script either. I can imagine them pushing WTW, in an attempt to weaken Jim and Ian. I’m a little ticked off at Blake for bringing two male country adjacent contestants to the playoffs, while throwing Taryn into the 4-way KO. I get the idea of putting WTW through since it’s something different, but he could have paired one of the guys with them. As it stands, there’s a decent chance both of those guys will make it through the playoffs. 

Edited by TeamAudra
2 minutes ago, Ottoship said:

TPTB will push for a female winner probably. Most likely an AA powerhouse since BLM and I think the trend with Just Sam and Brandon Leake (AGT) will continue....hopefully with Desz

I agree with this statement 100%

6 minutes ago, Ottoship said:

TPTB will push for a female winner probably. Most likely an AA powerhouse since BLM and I think the trend with Just Sam and Brandon Leake (AGT) will continue....hopefully with Desz

I'm REALLY hoping you're right, DeSz being the first AA female winner would make this season ABSOLUTELY iconic, she also has being Team Kelly in her favor, who's a more popular coach than John and gives her an advantage over Tamara and John H (who are equally as phenomenal, but we all know how Minivan is feeling about John lately)

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 2