The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

8 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

You made a valid point I also don't find Tamara special but I just thought she might get pimped cz you know the BLM so TPTB are willing to have an AA POWERHOUSE win. 

The show has always been about the coaches, and will continue to be. Gwen for the win, unless it becomes clear that she has no shot. 

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The show has always been about the coaches, and will continue to be. Gwen for the win, unless it becomes clear that she has no shot. 

Nah - this will be Kelly's turn - they want the Blake/Kelly rivalry.   I do think they will try to get three AA finalists (DeSz, John, Payge) to go with Blake's country entrant.  

3 minutes ago, ilovethevoice242 said:

I think it’s worth mentioning that S20 contestants are now at the hotel. One of them went live last night and the infamous mirror and bed head was showing. I won’t say who it is on the public forum though. So pc me 😉

Yess I saw her live too!! And I knew that was the hotel! She is going to do so good next season.

10 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

So y’all really think Cami will break the curse of the 18-22 y/o female and be the first of that demographic since Grimmie to make the finale, eh? I wouldn’t be mad about it, but I don’t share your confidence. She has an uphill climb just to make it out of the playoffs, IMO. 

As much as I love the AA singers in this season I really think Cami could win this thing and shock us and John will be pissed.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
40 minutes ago, LilBrooklyn18 said:

Nah - this will be Kelly's turn - they want the Blake/Kelly rivalry.   I do think they will try to get three AA finalists (DeSz, John, Payge) to go with Blake's country entrant.  

So, win #8 for Blake then?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
10 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol 2020 has had an AA winner for Idol and an AA winner for AGT. Hopefully the voice follows in this trend😌

This is a little different. The contestants are competing against eachother, but a lot of people vote for the coaches. Blake has a huge advantage there. If it’s Blake plus pastor country guy against Kelly or John plus AA diva, I think we all know how that’s going to end. 

Edited by TeamAudra
2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This is a little different. The contestants are competing against eachother, but a lot of people vote for the coaches. Blake has a huge advantage there. If it’s Blake plus pastor country guy against Kelly or John plus AA diva, I think we all know how that’s going to end. 

Todd has always had a pretty big  fan base from his blind because of his church and his Facebook followings. But from what I’ve seen, Jim doesn’t have a big one on either Instagram nor Facebook 

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

Todd has always had a pretty big  fan base from his blind because of his church and his Facebook followings. But from what I’ve seen, Jim doesn’t have a big one on either Instagram nor Facebook 

Todd social media following isn’t that large, even after winning. I do think he had a huge regional advantage. There are certain states that will support Voice contestants, and others that literally do not care. He’s from one of the better states for that, and yes, it helped that he’s a pastor. His congregation is pretty small, though, so I don’t think preshow following had much to do with it. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Todd social media following isn’t that large, even after winning. I do think he had a huge regional advantage. There are certain states that will support Voice contestants, and others that literally do not care. He’s from one of the better states for that, and yes, it helped that he’s a pastor. His congregation is pretty small, though, so I don’t think preshow following had much to do with it. 

not sure if im misremembering, but i think @Teraginn said that todd had a huge facebook group that power voted a ton? i think he had a group of pretty dedicated fans, but i agree that that was definitely after the show, and not before it.

9 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Todd had a lot of Fanbase he also had the advantage of being on Team Blake so I was sure that he's gonna win. Jim might not have his own Fanbase but he will surely get support from Blake's Fanbase. As of right now I think Jim can go as far as the winner of this show or at least the Runner-up but once the show starts I will get more sure whether he's gonna win or get 2nd place.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

not sure if im misremembering, but i think @Teraginn said that todd had a huge facebook group that power voted a ton? i think he had a group of pretty dedicated fans, but i agree that that was definitely after the show, and not before it.

Yes, that was after the show began. For some reason, that group had as many or more followers than Todd’s own page, if I’m not mistaken. That may be different now. 

Public Vote Guesses From Each Team:

Blake: Jim Ranger - Jim's in a very similar lane to Todd T. from last season, which may ultimately hurt him, but considering the other Team Blake member that appears likely to get the vote is a trio and the audience doesn't always get behind group acts, I think Jim's probably getting through to the finale without issues.

Gwen: I can see this going to either Carter Rubin or Payge Turner - Minivan loves kids and the coaches love Payge. If the audience takes to Payge, she's capable of being at the very least a solid contender for a Wildcard/Instant Save win if need be; Carter's less likely to end up in that position but it's not impossible for Payge to beat him out since we haven't found good clips of him singing live since he was 11.

John: Tamara Jade - Though I think John H. is probably more "unusual" for the show and would make it more interesting to watch, he also gives me "Davon Fleming but give him classical training" vibes vocally; that may make him more divisive. If John gets leaked over Tamara/gets a better airing spot on any of the pre-taped rounds, he may get it but it seems doubtful.

Kelly: Desz, Tanner Gomes, or Cami Clune - Of all the teams, Kelly's seems the most wide-open without a clear-cut answer on who could get the PV in the playoffs. If the audience takes to Desz more than Tamara, Desz could get the PV. Tanner, while more generic country than Blake's two remaining country guys, is also a standout for being the only man on Team Kelly and the strongest of the non-Blake country acts, so he's likely to win it. Cami's a four-chair turn (like Desz) so I'm hesitant to rule her out, but chairs mean pretty much nothing after the pre-taped rounds end. If Cami doesn't get the PV, she's probably going into the Wildcard (Madeline might beat her out, but we'll see). 

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

As someone from a state that tends to get at least a couple people on this sort of thing (Max Boyle and Michael Williams being the two most recent examples on The Voice), most of the state doesn't get too excited - especially for fall seasons since that's football time - and the Midwest is less heavily invested in these shows than the Southeast. Todd's big thing was hometown support and the rest of Mississippi backing him - the pastor thing and "wholesome family man who sings country music well" were just icing on the cake.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Bossbabe said:

Ok what does minivan mean? I understand the rest of it but I’m kinda confused with that one.

Main sum of viewers, which are 50+ and they love country. Minivan is a stereotype for them all driving minivans.

Edited by David68

I think Kelly will save Cami. She used her only block on her, saved a steal for her and she clearly loves her. Her save “rank” (based on priority) will be:

Desz > Cami > Tanner > Madeline.

And I think Tanner might win the WC. Desz will likely be PV and Cami will get CS. If Cami doesn’t, she’s absolutely going to win the wildcard. 

I think John H will go farther than Tamara because Tamara could be labeled as “the screamer” AA diva whereas Desz is more of a soft singer who can also belt

I want Payge to be in the finals, and I think she will be saved by Gwen but I think that Carter will get more votes. Ben will be in the WC, but Tanner is a better country singer than him so he might be doomed. I see no chance for Joseph.

Blake has a really country heavy team. I think WTW and Jim are his top 2. If Taryn wins 4 way KO then I think she’ll also win this one..unless she’s up against Cami. Remember how in S17 where Blake had a yodeling, country singer and still lost to Kelly’s teenage duo.

TCO’s for each season
S17 - Katie and Rose

S16 - It was first Jej, but that went south so then they decided on Maelyn and Shawn

S15 - Kennedy Holmes

S14 - Brynn and Britton

S13 - Obviously Brooke 

S12 - Chris 

S11 - We and Billy

S10 - Alison

S9 - Jordan. But Jeffrey also was decently pimped.

S8 - I think a combination of Kimberyli, Sawyer and Meghan.

S7 - Probably Chris. 
S6 - Cristina Grimmie and Josh

S5 - Tennasanne, Jacquie

S4 - Michelle

S3 - Trevin Hunte

S2 - Juliet Simms

S1 - I am not sure

2 minutes ago, datinamanda said:

Funny how people think the aa diva will win this show every year. 

Ummm🤨  Nobody thinks that they will win. We just hope that one year they’ll get to win and we think that it’ll be refreshing for a change.

• Like 1