3 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

do you think taryn will go the alisan route with going too far, or do you think she'll dial back enough? i'm hoping we get to hear her full range at some point but i do think she'll fare better (if she gets past the 4 way KO) if she holds back.

I don’t know, but her high notes are really powerful. My guess is she’ll show her range early and often, considering she’s already covered Martina and Faith. It doesn’t really matter to me, honestly. Sounds like she got criticized for not showing enough range in her battle, but is that even up to her? I mean...she didn’t choose the song, arrangement, or battle partner. I find that situation to be very strange. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Contestant: *demonstrates some form of love or affection for their wife or children*   Y'all:  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t know, but her high notes are really powerful. My guess is she’ll show her range early and often, considering she’s already covered Martina and Faith. It doesn’t really matter to me, honestly. Sounds like she got criticized for not showing enough range in her battle, but is that even up to her? I mean...she didn’t choose the song, arrangement, or battle partner. I find that situation to be very strange. 

perhaps in her KO since she wasn't less restricted by having an opponent (or technically, 3), she was able to go more her style?

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Kelly really doesn't strike me as the type to hold grudges, but getting blocked from the chance to coach a high-quality country artist would irk me if I were in her shoes. Still not necessarily a high-caliber critique, but it's her choice to give that feedback to Taryn.

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Kelly really doesn't strike me as the type to hold grudges, but getting blocked from the chance to coach a high-quality country artist would irk me if I were in her shoes. Still not necessarily a high-caliber critique, but it's her choice to give that feedback to Taryn.

it could also be kelly well-intentionedly trying to give taryn some advice for the future

22 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

That too - which in turn may have guided Taryn toward a Faith Hill song for her KO. Who knows.

Kelly: Show more range, you are holding back.

Taryn: Lol, you want some range? I'll give you some range sis.

(Pulls out Faith's hardest song in the KOs)

I hope Kelly was SHOOK after Taryn's massacre of a performance. Ryan is crying knowing he has no chance tbh.

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I hope Kelly was SHOOK after Taryn's massacre of a performance. Ryan is crying knowing he has no chance tbh.

Yeah, but she had already sung Martina, and didn’t get to choose the battle song, which is why it’s such a head scratcher. It’s not like she came on the show looking to “play it safe,” or whatever the exact words were that she used. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Wait, did you have a chance to watch Taryn's performance live? Or are you just drawing some conclusion or something? 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ashwinner said:

it could also be kelly well-intentionedly trying to give taryn some advice for the future

In my opinion that's exactly what Kelly was doing. I feel like Kelly's comments are being characterized here as being much harsher than they were by someone that didn't even watch the taping. The assumptions made regarding what her critiques were about were also not correct. If Kelly sees or hears  something a contestant could do better especially if it's something that she herself has discovered a trick that works she's going to tell them whether they're on her team or not because she wants the contestants to get the most out of this experience as possible.  Obviously if Taryn was on her team that's something that would have been said in rehearsal and it would have been incorporated into the performance, but she's not so the only opportunity is during the coaches comments after the performance. 

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Regarding the arrangement, while the contestants aren't in control of the instrumental arrangement of the song, they are all free to come up with whatever vocal arrangement of the song they want to do in cooperation with their Battle opponent (I guess Battle opponents in this case). Normally when a contestant sings by themselves they can obviously pick a key that works best for their own voice, but since that's not an option you can still make arrangement changes within a key and very specific advice was given by Kelly about how to do this. There will probably be other situations in Taryn's career where changing the key might not be an option, for example a more established singer asks her to duet with them and she has to sing it in their key, tips on how to work within that constraint that allows her to make her voice sound the best it can would be come in handy.

• Like 1

Looking back on the PM I got, this is actually what was said. Her “middle voice.“    I don’t know what that means, but I guess we”ll find out. I won’t post the entire comment, but it was reportedly a great battle. 

“Kelly suggested for Taryn that she should have used more of her “middle voice” rather then low to high, her high notes were great.” 

Some of the other comments that were posted here were slightly different, but I’m not gonna go digging for them. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 2
19 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Is this the Taryn thread? Sorry lol I got confused.

No, it’s OK to resume the ongoing Desz/Tamara discussion as to which one will get the premiere pimp spot, or leaked, or whatever. 🙃 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 8
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

No, it’s OK to resume the ongoing Desz/Tamara discussion as to which one will get the premiere pimp spot, or leaked, or whatever. 🙃 

I think it’s gonna be Tamara, and then Desz will close EP3. I just realized that EP3 is when Kelly usually gets her Frontrunners (Kymberyli Joy, Chevel, Jej, Jake)

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

29 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

I think it’s gonna be Tamara, and then Desz will close EP3. I just realized that EP3 is when Kelly usually gets her Frontrunners (Kymberyli Joy, Chevel, Jej, Jake)

Dying Laughing GIF by memecandy

• Haha 9