The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

12 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

She did the clip you saw was just during her performance Blake most likely was the last to turn. 

I'd be surprised if he wasn't - if Blake likes what he hears but isn't as familiar with the song (considering the only Lizzo song we know for sure he's familiar with is Good as Hell), he takes longer to turn; he also generally takes longer if he knows the song and is pretty sure the artist is coachable vocally but just needs a few moments to confirm his gut instinct. The times he turns faster than the other coaches are when he goes with his gut because knows the artist belongs on the show, the act is near-undeniably good, or he needs battle fodder for stronger acts already on his team.

1 minute ago, French20 said:

you say that the BA S20s will be filmed at the end of October, so we should know very soon who will be the coaches, right?

and how do you know it's late October?

No one knows, I just saw someone say that a producer in the Knockouts taping said it will be filmed this month. And I said it would be filmed during the week of the Season 19 premiere because basing on Kelly’s tickets for her show, she not filming this week. 

1 minute ago, thevoicefan12 said:

No one knows, I just saw someone say that a producer in the Knockouts taping said it will be filmed this month. And I said it would be filmed during the week of the Season 19 premiere because basing on Kelly’s tickets for her show, she not filming this week. 

Oh ok

after what happened with John, the recordings may be postponed to find another coach

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

Maybe, or they’ll find someone to replace him. Or he might be okay and ready to film

even if he is well, I think he will prefer the time of a season to stay with his wife

afterwards I think he will go to the lives of this season because there are not many

4 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

That and previous spring seasons start taping the blinds (maybe other stuff too, but I'm less sure on that) while the pre-taped rounds of the fall season are on TV, and since blind auditions tend to require the most editing (more artists than at any other point, backstory/intro packages, and using that footage for promos) they have to be filmed a few months in advance.

John's a wildcard for filming S20. Blake and Kelly aren't leaving unless the show gets cancelled altogether, and I could see them pulling Gwen for S20 since she's staying with Blake and that's one less quarantine bubble to worry about (potentially), and with what's going on in John's personal life he could go either way - he may sit it out to spend more time with Chrissy and the kids, or he might sign on because he wants somewhere where he can channel his feelings in a way that helps others. Both ways of dealing with grief are valid and it's deeply personal; at the end of the day, as long as he's taking care of his family and his own mental well-being I'll support whatever he chooses to do.

If they replace him, I'm not sure who they'd get. Usher or Alicia, maybe, since both have been in that lane of coaching before, create similarly strong teams, and the former has stayed affiliated with the show beyond his exit from full-time coaching while the latter brings a zen to the panel and we know she's got good friendly chemistry with the other three - I'd lean Usher since Alicia is prepping for a tour to promote her newest album whenever lockdown eases up more consistently and more long-term. They could also get JHud back which would be chaotic but fun to watch; idk if she's mid-project elsewhere, though. If they replace John with a new coach, I'm not sure who they'd get in the R&B/soulful lane off the top of my head.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

That and previous spring seasons start taping the blinds (maybe other stuff too, but I'm less sure on that) while the pre-taped rounds of the fall season are on TV, and since blind auditions tend to require the most editing (more artists than at any other point, backstory/intro packages, and using that footage for promos) they have to be filmed a few months in advance.

John's a wildcard for filming S20. Blake and Kelly aren't leaving unless the show gets cancelled altogether, and I could see them pulling Gwen for S20 since she's staying with Blake and that's one less quarantine bubble to worry about (potentially), and with what's going on in John's personal life he could go either way - he may sit it out to spend more time with Chrissy and the kids, or he might sign on because he wants somewhere where he can channel his feelings in a way that helps others. Both ways of dealing with grief are valid and it's deeply personal; at the end of the day, as long as he's taking care of his family and his own mental well-being I'll support whatever he chooses to do.

If they replace him, I'm not sure who they'd get. Usher or Alicia, maybe, since both have been in that lane of coaching before, create similarly strong teams, and the former has stayed affiliated with the show beyond his exit from full-time coaching while the latter brings a zen to the panel and we know she's got good friendly chemistry with the other three - I'd lean Usher since Alicia is prepping for a tour to promote her newest album whenever lockdown eases up more consistently and more long-term. They could also get JHud back which would be chaotic but fun to watch; idk if she's mid-project elsewhere, though. If they replace John with a new coach, I'm not sure who they'd get in the R&B/soulful lane off the top of my head.

Well said

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

frankly having Blake and Gwen forcibly gets boring

The Voice is always full of promotions ONLY for the couple, and not for the other coaches (or very few, maybe just a photo) but otherwise it's always about the romance of the couple, what I said in a previous one post, it's no longer The Voice but The Blakwen show

Jhud is way above Gwen, after I agree with you for Alicia unfortunately I think she will prefer to promote her album, Usher is likely to come back, I wonder what they will do either try 3 women and it would be a fresh breeze, as usual

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dany said:

It's now in YT

Still trying to figure out who's who of the following artists:

-guitar dude at 0:02

-choppy blonde bob at 0:03 (I think they're just reusing Emily's footage from last season, it looks like her outfit and that's her haircut)

-high ponytail at 0:06 (if they're recycling last season's footage for that then that's definitely Joei, if they aren't idk who it is)

-white T-shirt at 0:07 (could be anyone since they're so zoomed out, though we're pretty sure John H. had a white T-shirt on based on previous promos)

-long blonde hair with studded jacket at 0:09 (there's a lot of long-haired blondes this season and I'm not great at faces, it might be Kelsie though?? since she's posted promos in her IG story previously if I remember correctly)

If y'all are good at face recognition, help me out.

6 minutes ago, French20 said:

frankly having Blake and Gwen forcibly gets boring

The Voice is always full of promotions ONLY for the couple, and not for the other coaches (or very few, maybe just a photo) but otherwise it's always about the romance of the couple, what I said in a previous one post, it's no longer The Voice but The Blakwen show

Jhud is way above Gwen, after I agree with you for Alicia unfortunately I think she will prefer to promote her album, Usher is likely to come back, I wonder what they will do either try 3 women and it would be a fresh breeze, as usual

I normally like Gwen's seasons since I have an easier time finding artists that interest me (she brings in more "eclectic" acts) but the focus on Blake/Gwen gets old quickly.

JHud would be fun (as would a 3-woman panel in general) but the American mainstream isn't a fan of her since they perceive her as "over the top" personality-wise, among other things - she's a great coach though, so I'd be happy to have her back if she wanted to come back. Alicia's new album is solid so even though I'd love to have her come back I don't see it happening, which is why I think Usher is the most likely of the previous coaches to come back (keeps the gender balance in check for the panel, we know he gets along with Blake, he puts together strong teams, and his coaching style seems to be designed to propel artists far on the show since he had a finalist in both seasons he was a coach).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Still trying to figure out who's who of the following artists:

-guitar dude at 0:02

-choppy blonde bob at 0:03 (I think they're just reusing Emily's footage from last season, it looks like her outfit and that's her haircut)

-high ponytail at 0:06 (if they're recycling last season's footage for that then that's definitely Joei, if they aren't idk who it is)

-white T-shirt at 0:07 (could be anyone since they're so zoomed out, though we're pretty sure John H. had a white T-shirt on based on previous promos)

-long blonde hair with studded jacket at 0:09 (there's a lot of long-haired blondes this season and I'm not great at faces, it might be Kelsie though?? since she's posted promos in her IG story previously if I remember correctly)

If y'all are good at face recognition, help me out.

I was thinking choppy blonde could be Cami, but now that I’ve watched it a couple of times they’re definitely reusing a lot of footage from previous seasons.

as for high ponytail, my bet was on Tori, but I rewatched Joei’s blind and I’m pretty sure it’s also recycled footage. Long blonde hair is Kelsie 100%

Guitar dude at 0:02 is definitely Tate, so this promo is mostly reused footage :/ 

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

28 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I have a feeling for a return of Adam and changing Gwen for JHud for season 20

11 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I normally like Gwen's seasons since I have an easier time finding artists that interest me (she brings in more "eclectic" acts) but the focus on Blake/Gwen gets old quickly.

JHud would be fun (as would a 3-woman panel in general) but the American mainstream isn't a fan of her since they perceive her as "over the top" personality-wise, among other things - she's a great coach though, so I'd be happy to have her back if she wanted to come back. Alicia's new album is solid so even though I'd love to have her come back I don't see it happening, which is why I think Usher is the most likely of the previous coaches to come back (keeps the gender balance in check for the panel, we know he gets along with Blake, he puts together strong teams, and his coaching style seems to be designed to propel artists far on the show since he had a finalist in both seasons he was a coach).

Jhud will be more likely to be in the next season of The Voice UK as Meghan Trainor judges it's a disaster and the production loves JHUD, it all depends on where she is at the moment

• Like 1