idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

4 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Hey everyone, know its been awhile but here is an interesting thought. We know that The Voice will be tightening their safety protocals due to the ongoing pandemic. We also know this virus can be spread through our droplets. So my question is, will the Battle Rounds still be a thing? They usually consist of two or more people in a small ring within close proximity. Singing closely together will also increase the risk of infection. I know they will be disinfecting mics but I can't see how they can make it safe for this round in particular. Do you guys think they will cut this round altogether or replace it?

They could probably pull it off just fine as long as they keep distance on the stage. 6 feet isn't too much and it already seems like plenty of battles are performed at that distance. They'd likely just limit the choreography so that they don't have direct contact.

4 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Hey everyone, know its been awhile but here is an interesting thought. We know that The Voice will be tightening their safety protocals due to the ongoing pandemic. We also know this virus can be spread through our droplets. So my question is, will the Battle Rounds still be a thing? They usually consist of two or more people in a small ring within close proximity. Singing closely together will also increase the risk of infection. I know they will be disinfecting mics but I can't see how they can make it safe for this round in particular. Do you guys think they will cut this round altogether or replace it?

I hope so! Just do two KO rounds, and make it permanent, please. 

I actually think the battles would expose them too much, and I’m not even a “shut er’ down” guy. There’s a lot of behind the scenes rehearsing involved, and many teens and 20-somethings aren’t very good at social distancing. I’m guessing singing generates a lot of aerosolized respiratory droplets, as compared to speaking. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I hope so! Just do two KO rounds, and make it permanent, please. 

I actually think the battles would expose them too much, and I’m not even a “shut er’ down” guy. There’s a lot of behind the scenes rehearsing involved, and many teens and 20-somethings aren’t very good at social distancing. I’m guessing singing generates a lot of aerosolized respiratory droplets, as compared to speaking. 

There was a post about this somewhere, singing produces a little less I think, but still it would probably be substantial enough to cause issues IMO. I feel like battles can produce some really good moments, but I wouldn't mind knockouts as it gives us more content. I don't think they'd do that though because then, there would be 40/48 performances instead of 20/24 and that would take way longer to film/put out. I wish they would though, it's nice to get to know the artist better, and I feel like battles can often stifle that (like Kailey Abel would have done better if she wasn't forced into a kinda country song with Cam Spinks).

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ashwinner said:

There was a post about this somewhere, singing produces a little less I think, but still it would probably be substantial enough to cause issues IMO. I feel like battles can produce some really good moments, but I wouldn't mind knockouts as it gives us more content. I don't think they'd do that though because then, there would be 40/48 performances instead of 20/24 and that would take way longer to film/put out. I wish they would though, it's nice to get to know the artist better, and I feel like battles can often stifle that (like Kailey Abel would have done better if she wasn't forced into a kinda country song with Cam Spinks).

Where did you find that info? Experts say that singing can spread droplets even further than 6 feet.

Also I agree that the battles rounds have some good battles but are overshadowed by bad and mediocre ones. They also don't let people shine as much as a solo performance would.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Where did you find that info? Experts say that singing can spread droplets even further than 6 feet.

Also I agree that the battles rounds have some good battles but are overshadowed by bad and mediocre ones. They also don't let people shine as much as a solo performance would.

I may be wrong but I definitely remember seeing something like that. I believe that it was a juxtaposition of people wearing masks while sneezing/coughing/speaking/singing and the amount of droplets spread or something? Anyways, I'd trust your evidence over mine.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I may be wrong but I definitely remember seeing something like that. I believe that it was a juxtaposition of people wearing masks while sneezing/coughing/speaking/singing and the amount of droplets spread or something? Anyways, I'd trust your evidence over mine.

I think I remember seeing somenthing like that too, it may be wrong though

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 1

When people breathe they expel a certain amount of the virus, in order to get sick you need exposure to enough of the virus (a viral load), 

In an outdoor setting, over a 6ft distance, the virus will dissipate in the air, or fall to the ground. (from normal talking), because outdoors has a lot of air (plus sun). 

In an indoor setting, over a 6ft distance, the virus will dissipate in the room. However, over time the virus will build up in a room, because rooms only have finite amounts of air. At that point the 6ft rule no longer applies. This is why masks should always be worn indoors, to reduce the viral buildup over time. It is 6ft and a mask, not or.

When singing, you expel more air then when talking. This means that you expel more virus (if you are positive). As you are projecting, you also expel the droplets more forcefully, so they travel further before dissipation happens. This is why the choir got sick, despite taking social distancing measures. In an indoor setting, even with social distancing, the viral load rapidly built up, and made the social distancing meaningless. This is true either indoors or outdoors. It is also true of Air Conditioning, which will happily forcefully blow virus laden air right at you as you are enjoying that indoor dining meal. 

For the voice if they are in a sound stage 1) the sound stage should have a high level air filtration system (UV etc) to keep the viral load from building up in the air 2) shorter sessions; the longer you are inside, the more the viral load builds up 3) bigger sound stage is better, the more air in the room, the longer it takes for viral load to build-up 4) yeah, artists should not be singing close together 5) wear masks when not performing/speaking.

And we are still learning about the disease, best practice might change too. Be willing to be flexible. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, seak05 said:

When people breathe they expel a certain amount of the virus, in order to get sick you need exposure to enough of the virus (a viral load), 

In an outdoor setting, over a 6ft distance, the virus will dissipate in the air, or fall to the ground. (from normal talking), because outdoors has a lot of air (plus sun). 

In an indoor setting, over a 6ft distance, the virus will dissipate in the room. However, over time the virus will build up in a room, because rooms only have finite amounts of air. At that point the 6ft rule no longer applies. This is why masks should always be worn indoors, to reduce the viral buildup over time. It is 6ft and a mask, not or.

When singing, you expel more air then when talking. This means that you expel more virus (if you are positive). As you are projecting, you also expel the droplets more forcefully, so they travel further before dissipation happens. This is why the choir got sick, despite taking social distancing measures. In an indoor setting, even with social distancing, the viral load rapidly built up, and made the social distancing meaningless. This is true either indoors or outdoors. It is also true of Air Conditioning, which will happily forcefully blow virus laden air right at you as you are enjoying that indoor dining meal. 

For the voice if they are in a sound stage 1) the sound stage should have a high level air filtration system (UV etc) to keep the viral load from building up in the air 2) shorter sessions; the longer you are inside, the more the viral load builds up 3) bigger sound stage is better, the more air in the room, the longer it takes for viral load to build-up 4) yeah, artists should not be singing close together 5) wear masks when not performing/speaking.

And we are still learning about the disease, best practice might change too. Be willing to be flexible. 

iconic scientist!! we Stan people who are smart and knowledgeable about covid (instead of people who pretend like it doesn't exist 😠 )

• Like 1

Without the audience they don't have to be right next to each other in the same ring. They could be physically separate but side by side picture on TV. I guess it will be way harder to harmonize but you can still have your battles with proper distensing. 

10 hours ago, Dany said:

Without the audience they don't have to be right next to each other in the same ring. They could be physically separate but side by side picture on TV. I guess it will be way harder to harmonize but you can still have your battles with proper distensing. 

I could be wrong but didn't they say there would be an audience just less people and more far apart?

1 hour ago, Maxwell said:

I could be wrong but didn't they say there would be an audience just less people and more far apart?

I thought none

8 hours ago, Maxwell said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/voice-late-late-show-eps-remote-production-not-sustainable-1297359

Morrissey [The Voice EP] and Crabbe[Late Late Show EP] both noted that when they're able to return to their studios, they'd prefer to do it without a live audience if the alternative is a socially distanced one that leaves the studio less than half full.

"It would be hard for us to do with a sparse audience," Crabbe said. "I think it would be unfulfilling for us to have 35 people in the room, all 10 fee apart. I don't think that would be something we'd really embrace."

Morrissey agreed: "If there's no mass [to the audience], there's no energy. It's not worth it."

If they do an entire season without an audience, I fully expect the ratings to be terrible. It won’t be like the last season where everyone was cooped up in their homes with nothing else to do. Even with that advantage, the novelty wore off quickly, and ratings went fractional. Let’s hope they can at least have actual live shows.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

If they do an entire season without an audience, I fully expect the ratings to be terrible. It won’t be like the last season where everyone was cooped up in their homes with nothing else to do. Even with that advantage, the novelty wore off quickly, and ratings went fractional. Let’s hope they can at least have actual live shows.

But they can always incorporate audience sounds when they are editing. I don’t think the audience would affect the ratings at all

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I would honestly prefer if they only came back with the show when they were able to have an audience or have actual live shows but without an audience, I'm not rly into the remote live shows thing

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moonlighty said:

I would honestly prefer if they only came back with the show when they were able to have an audience or have actual live shows but without an audience, I'm not rly into the remote live shows thing

Yeah, remote live shows were interesting, but only tolerable because they were necessary to complete the season. I'd be incredibly less than enthused if we had to go through it again now.

• Like 2

^ Yep, If you read the article they are not too keen in doing anymore remote at home, 

The Voice showrunner Audrey Morrissey agreed that remote production would be tough to maintain in the long term, noting the increased amount of time it took to produce the NBC competition's final rounds remotely in May. "What would normally be a one-hour camera rehearsal [in studio] turned into five hours" while filming remotely, she said. 

5 hours for something that would take 1 hour in normal time is not sustainable, And I have enough of anything live from home. 

• Like 2

Notice any movement among potential contestants? I’d think if they’re planning to film in August, the contestants would be starting to arrive for quarantining and testing, and voice stuff. 

3 hours ago, seak05 said:

Notice any movement among potential contestants? I’d think if they’re planning to film in August, the contestants would be starting to arrive for quarantining and testing, and voice stuff. 

Yeah they should be. Wow this year is sooo bad we don’t have any info🤣

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, seak05 said:

I don't think there is any info on potential contestants so far, tell me if i'm wrong

Edited by moonlighty

2 hours ago, moonlighty said:

I don't think there is any info on potential contestants so far, tell me if i'm wrong

I'll be honest, I have nothing yet lol.

I know where I'm looking but so far, nothing's come up.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I'll be honest, I have nothing yet lol.

I know where I'm looking but so far, nothing's come up.

I hope you have everything by the later dates on this month, or even earlier August! I hope we have spoilers😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pepperman said:

do we know the coaches for this season yet?   same as last season?

nick is replaced with Gwen