I think of the live show artists, they'll have at least four in the premiere (trying to spread it over the five blinds episodes relatively even, and assuming we get 8 or 9 artists total that make the show in the premiere, the opener almost always makes the lives and same with the closer) and the theory of Kelly's blocks leading to landing Desz at the end is currently one of the stronger ones we have on here, so I'll assume it's right (for now).

Kelly is also the one coach to get blocked twice, so I could see them making that a feature of this episode and part of the "storyline" of blocks --> four-chair. Since it's an earlier episode, I stuck to the first five artists to pick a coach since that less chance of someone saying "my team's filling up" and having to work around that. Lastly, there's rarely more than one one-chair in the premiere, if one makes it at all. Since nine of the one-chairs came before anyone's team filled, I'm assuming we'll have one in the premiere of the blinds this time just by virtue of some teams having large numbers of one-chairs (Kelly got the most with four while Gwen only got two, believe it or not).

Episode 1 Lineup (of the artists who make it onto the show, * by those cut before the lives)

John Holiday (Team Legend)

Liam St. John (Team Gwen)*

Ben Allen (Team Blake)

Skylar Mayton (Team Kelly)*

Van Andrew (Team Gwen)*

Taryn Papa (Team Blake)

Sid Kingsley (Team Legend)

Desz (Team Kelly)

Notes: 

• I wanted to stick Payge in the premiere, but I have a gut feeling she's going to be in episode 2 for some reason, so I'm leaving her out for now.
  • I threw Taryn in there since technically we don't know that she'll make the live rounds.
  • Kelly has a ton of the one-chairs, so I picked the one most musically and storyline-wise different from the rest of the episode - so Ryan was out for being too similar to John H. and Madeline's out since she tried to block Blake and it didn't work, which seems like a storyline for another time. This theoretical lineup for the episode was guy-heavy, so I chose Skylar over Eli as Kelly's one-chair of the episode because there's more guys featured than gals at this point. I don't think Skylar's likely to be in the premiere, but of the one-chairs from the most one-chair heavy team she made the most sense.
  • I went with Van and Liam as Gwen's representation since Liam was the very first audition and I didn't know who else to stick with him. I was tempted to put Lauren in with Liam, but I don't think they'd show the first two members of the team in the same episode (and the spot I had left was after Skylar, who is another teenage girl). 
  • John --> Liam is a genre/vocal contrast, we need at least one country rep in the premiere or Minivan riots, a teenager to fawn over also wins Minivan points, Van and Sid are similar enough that having a second country artist breaks them up nicely, and Desz closing wraps up the storyline of Kelly's overcoming the blocks to win a four-chair turn. 
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Contestant: *demonstrates some form of love or affection for their wife or children*   Y'all:  

Posted Images

All 1 Chair Turns

Kelly: Ryan G, Skylar, Eli, and Madeline

Gwen: Chloe H, Larriah and Tori

Blake: Ian, JusJon, possibly Aaron and Payton

John: Bailey Rae, Casme, James Pyle, possibly Olivia

Predictions for when they will air

Episode 1: None

Episode 2: Skylar and Chloe and JusJon

Episode 3: Ryan Galgher, Tori, Madeline

Episode 4: Casme (montage) and Larriah, Payton

Episode 5: Eli, Ian, James, Bailey 

26 minutes ago, seak05 said:

The fact that John apparently got three contestants after all the other teams were full is going to mean some creative editing. 

Probably a montage. Did you know that Kelly blocked Alicia for Jorge. It just showed that Kelly turned, with the view of Jorge looking at the chairs

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

All 1 Chair Turns

I dont think Casme will get montaged from the praise she got from her battle and knockout.

7 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

All 1 Chair Turns

Either Ryan G. or Payton was a Kelly vs. Blake (I honestly don't recall 100% but I think it was Ryan...)

If they do 9-9-9-5-8 for the BA episodes, we'll avoid montages.

Submitting my guess lol. I still believe Tamara's closing the premiere, John's definitely week 1 but probably not premiere because there's a lot of people before him.

Episode 1:

B - Taryn Papa (Block; 3 - 4-way KO)

G - Liam St. John (2 - battle elim.)

J - Sid Kingsley (3)

K - Marisa Corvo (3 - KO elim.)

B - Ian Flanigan (1)

G - Lauren Frihauf (2 - KO elim.)

K - Skylar Mayton (1 - battle elim.)

B - Ben Allen (3)

J - Tamara Jade (4)

Episode 2:

J - John Holiday (Block; 3)

B - Payton Lamar (1 - battle elim.)

G - Larriah Jackson (1 - 4-way KO)

K - Joseph Soul (2)

G - Payge Turner (2)

K - Eli Zamora (1 - battle elim.)

J - Julia Cooper (3 - 4-way KO)

B - Sam Stacy (3 - battle elim.)

K - DeSz (4)

Episode 3:

K - Kelsie Watts (2 - KO elim.)

J - Rio Souma (3 - battle elim.)

G - Chloe Hogan (1)

B - John Sullivan (2 - battle elim.)

K - Madeline Consoer (1, Failed Block)

G - Tori Miller (1, Failed Block/battle elim.)

B - JusJon (1 - KO elim.)

G - Van Andrew (2 - KO elim.)

J - Cami Clune (4, Block)

Episode 4:

G - Lain Roy (3 - battle elim.)

K - Ryan Gallagher (2? - 4-way KO)

B - Aaron Scott (1? - battle elim.)

J - Olivia Reyes (1 - battle elim.)

B - Jim Ranger (3)

Episode 5

B - Worth the Wait (4 - Final)

G - Ryan Berg (2, Block; KO elim.)

J - Casme (1; KO elim.)

K - Tanner Gomes (3)

G - Carter Rubin (2 - Final)

J - Bailey Rae (1)

K - Emmalee (2 - Final; battle elim.)

J - James Pyle (1 - KO elim.)

• Like 1

Doing all five blinds:

Episode 1

John Holiday (Team Legend)

Liam St. John (Team Gwen)

Ben Allen (Team Blake)

Skylar Mayton (Team Kelly)

Van Andrew (Team Gwen)

Taryn Papa (Team Blake)

Sid Kingsley (Team Legend)

Lauren Frihauf (Team Gwen)

Desz (Team Kelly)

Episode 2

Kelsie Watts (Team Kelly)

Payge Turner (Team Gwen)

Olivia Reyes (Team Legend)

Eli Zamora (Team Kelly)

Aaron Scott (Team Blake)

John Sullivan (Team Blake)

Larriah Jackson (Team Gwen)

Rio Souma (Team Legend)

Jim Ranger (Team Blake)

Episode 3

Sam Stacy (Team Blake)

Joseph Soul (Team Kelly)

Ryan Berg (Team Gwen)

Casme (Team Legend)

JusJon (Team Blake)

Ryan Gallagher (Team Kelly)

Peyton Lamar (Team Blake)

Chloe Hogan (Team Gwen)

Tamara Jade (Team Legend)

Episode 4

Marisa Corvo (Team Kelly)

Bailey Rae (Team Legend)

Ian Flanigan (Team Blake)

Madeline Consoer (Team Kelly)

Tori Miller (Team Gwen)

Cami Clune (Team Legend)

Episode 5

Tanner Gomes (Team Kelly)

Worth the Wait (Team Blake)

Julia Cooper (Team Legend)

Lain Roy (Team Gwen)

Carter Rubin (Team Gwen)

Emmalee (Team Kelly)

James Pyle (Team Legend)

I went 9-9-9-6-7 (since the last of the blinds is set on a Monday) and added Lauren into my original guesses for the premiere; this setup is packed and front-loaded, but we have four two-hour episodes so that's plenty of time to get everyone in. I left out the no-chairs since I don't know who of those might get aired. Watch me be totally wrong about 85% of these, but I'll keep score and let y'all know how I do.

Honestly I think that if they air a 1 chair turn in the premiere it would be someone who made it to the lives, so probably Madeline, Larriah, or Chloe IMO (even though I could totally see them airing Skylar in the premiere) 
I just remember them airing Megan in the premiere last season so it leads me to believe that.

edit: just checked and season 16 had two 1 chair turns in the premiere (Lisa Ramey and LiLi Joy) one who was a battle elim so I could be completely wrong lol

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Submitting my guess lol. I still believe Tamara's closing the premiere, John's definitely week 1 but probably not premiere because there's a lot of people before him.

Episode 1:

B - Taryn Papa (Block; 3 - 4-way KO)

G - Liam St. John (2 - battle elim.)

J - Sid Kingsley (3)

K - Marisa Corvo (3 - KO elim.)

B - Ian Flanigan (1)

G - Lauren Frihauf (2 - KO elim.)

K - Skylar Mayton (1 - battle elim.)

B - Ben Allen (3)

J - Tamara Jade (4)

Episode 2:

J - John Holiday (Block; 3)

B - Payton Lamar (1 - battle elim.)

G - Larriah Jackson (1 - 4-way KO)

K - Joseph Soul (2)

G - Payge Turner (2)

K - Eli Zamora (1 - battle elim.)

J - Julia Cooper (3 - 4-way KO)

B - Sam Stacy (3 - battle elim.)

K - DeSz (4)

Episode 3:

K - Kelsie Watts (2 - KO elim.)

J - Rio Souma (3 - battle elim.)

G - Chloe Hogan (1)

B - John Sullivan (2 - battle elim.)

K - Madeline Consoer (1, Failed Block)

G - Tori Miller (1, Failed Block/battle elim.)

B - JusJon (1 - KO elim.)

G - Van Andrew (2 - KO elim.)

J - Cami Clune (4, Block)

Episode 4:

G - Lain Roy (3 - battle elim.)

K - Ryan Gallagher (2? - 4-way KO)

B - Aaron Scott (1? - battle elim.)

J - Olivia Reyes (1 - battle elim.)

B - Jim Ranger (3)

Episode 5

B - Worth the Wait (4 - Final)

G - Ryan Berg (2, Block; KO elim.)

J - Casme (1; KO elim.)

K - Tanner Gomes (3)

G - Carter Rubin (2 - Final)

J - Bailey Rae (1)

K - Emmalee (2 - Final; battle elim.)

J - James Pyle (1 - KO elim.)

Did Ryan get two chairs? Did Olivia get one?

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Either Ryan G. or Payton was a Kelly vs. Blake (I honestly don't recall 100% but I think it was Ryan...)

If they do 9-9-9-5-8 for the BA episodes, we'll avoid montages.

I think it was Payton who got two chairs

17 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

09w25NW.png

Wow. I didn’t know Chrissy was already this far in her pregnancy. So this means John would definitely not be on for Season 20. 

And that´s when (hopefully) Usher comes in.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

And that´s when (hopefully) Usher comes in.

I would be hoping for an Alicia or JHud return, though i love Alicia it'd be cool to see JHud with Gwen, it'd be interesting to have Usher in too cuz i never watched a season with him, is he a good coach?

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

I would be hoping for an Alicia or JHud return, though i love Alicia it'd be cool to see JHud with Gwen, it'd be interesting to have Usher in too cuz i never watched a season with him, is he a good coach?

He`s very good, definitely knows what he´s doing and often challenges his contestants in the best way possible. Watch Michelle Chamuel`s journey on the show and you`ll see he did a fantastic job with her. Josh Kaufman as well, he stole him from Adam and went on the win the show with him.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

He`s very good, definitely knows what he´s doing and often challenges his contestants in the best way possible. Watch Michelle Chamuel`s journey on the show and you`ll see he did a fantastic job with her. Josh Kaufman as well, he stole him from Adam and went on the win the show with him.

He does seems like an eclectic coach, not stuck to the R&B genre (Which is what he does) and it'll be cool to see Blake with an old school coach on the show again

2 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

He does seems like an eclectic coach, not stuck to the R&B genre (Which is what he does) and it'll be cool to see Blake with an old school coach on the show again

It amuses me to no end that Usher is known for working well with younger artists off the show (Justin Bieber's early days probably being the best-known example) yet on the show his two highest-placing contestants were in their mid-to-late twenties and late thirties, respectively.

Chrissy is at 4-5 months, it appears to be very high risk & she’s had a lot of complications. I sort of wonder if it will actually impact John this season. 

Edit nm I’m dumb 

Edited by seak05
18 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

It amuses me to no end that Usher is known for working well with younger artists off the show (Justin Bieber's early days probably being the best-known example) yet on the show his two highest-placing contestants were in their mid-to-late twenties and late thirties, respectively.

He even used the "Justin Bieber card" to Danielle Bradbery during her blind audition yet she still went to Blake's team. 

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

Chrissy is at 4-5 months, it appears to be very high risk & she’s had a lot of complications. I sort of wonder if it will actually impact John this season. 

Also Usher won with Sawyer, who was a teenager 

Nope. Pharrell was Sawyer's coach not Usher. 

Usher won with Josh Kaufman, though who was 30+ years old at that time in Season 6.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Also Usher won with Sawyer, who was a teenager 

Considering she wasn't able to get pregnant naturally until this baby, it doesn't surprise me that she's high risk - hopefully (since she seems to be in good hands doctor-wise) it won't impact John as a coach but if it does, his family comes first before his obligations to the show and I think the vast majority of the audience/production staff/etc. would understand that.