1 minute ago, seak05 said:

I...wait what? Danielle is probably the best pure voice the show has ever had 

I personally prefer Chevel’s voice, but as you can see by my signature, I love both, and to be honest, I probably follow Danielle more nowadays. 😅

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Contestant: *demonstrates some form of love or affection for their wife or children*   Y'all:  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Some of MaKenzie’s covers and performances give me a headache with the amount of runs she includes. She flat out ruins some songs with them

respectfully, hell no. She killed every performance 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Some of MaKenzie’s covers and performances give me a headache with the amount of runs she includes. She flat out ruins some songs with them, but when she doesn’t go overboard... 

Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas

frankly, there isn't a single mackenzie performance where i didn't say "whaaaaaaaaat"

with each run, i wanted to get up, she is impressive this girl

remember Kelly's reactions every time Mackenzie sang, even she saw that Mackenzie outperformed every other talent of the season

15 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Some of MaKenzie’s covers and performances give me a headache with the amount of runs she includes. She flat out ruins some songs with them, but when she doesn’t go overboard... 

Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas

See, I hate unnecessary runs (especially in country songs), which is my problem with Keisha’s performances. I just rewatched her KO just to make sure. I had the same issue with Joanna in Angel From Montgomery. I understand it’s a singing competition, and they feel like they need to show their abilities, but those two would probably sing those songs the same way off the show. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, French20 said:

remember Kelly's reactions every time Mackenzie sang, even she saw that Mackenzie outperformed every other talent of the season

And yet . . . she didn't turn for her.  Either time.

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She is now....

Calling something country because you realize it’s your only career shot doesn’t make you or it country either 😂 (and yes most of what gets played on country radio isn’t country, but she also is from Broadway). 

Edited by seak05
1 minute ago, Rodney said:

And yet . . . she didn't turn for her.  Either time.

her hearing was not the best of her performances, she started to be incredible after where the reactions of Kelly who I think deep down in her regretted at each of her passages

too bad your audience gives more importance to country than this kind of voice 🤧

25 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Also Alisan isn’t country in any way, being white doesn’t make you a country artist. 

She is country now and she has country originals from even before the show:

14 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Calling something country because you realize it’s your only career shot doesn’t make you or it country either 😂 (and yes most of what gets played on country radio isn’t country, but she also is from Broadway). 

Speaking of radio, she’s way more country than Maren Morris or Kelsea Ballerini. This track is probably too country for today’s country radio. I think she got tired of all of the belting (which I don’t care for, btw). 

BTW, hearing Keisha singing country is like hearing Jake HaldenVang singing pop music. At least for me.

I mean, she doesn't sound bad at all but she definitely sounds more like a soul singer singing country rather than a more stereotypical country artist. 

Edited by echoap
20 minutes ago, echoap said:

BTW, hearing Keisha singing country is like hearing Jake HaldenVang singing pop music. At least for me.

I mean, she doesn't sound bad at all but she definitely sounds more like a soul singer singing country rather than a more stereotypical country artist. 

Jake HV robbed by the pop songs :thumbsdown: 

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, echoap said:

It’a apparently difficult for R&B singers to make that transition, because they’re so used to doing the vocal gymnastics, and they think it makes the country song better. Well, it doesn’t. There are exceptions, though. Stapleton’s version of Tennessee Whiskey is one. 

In terms of vocals, there is no denying Danielle is the best female country singer by a considerable amount, and I’m not even a fan (I think Keisha is a better vocalist but she doesn’t sound country at all).

In general (vocals + artistry & tone), I would say Lauren is the best, but that’s more subjective.

Taryn is certainly a great vocalist, but she lacks that WOW! factor for me. We’ll see how well she does on the show.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’a apparently difficult for R&B singers to make that transition, because they’re so used to doing the vocal gymnastics, and they think it makes the country song better. Well, it doesn’t. There are exceptions, though. Stapleton’s version of Tennessee Whiskey is one. 

Yeah, it's very difficult to make it work. Blake did a pretty good job coaching Spensha in season 14. If we compare her audition and her final performances, the difference is noticeable. 

43 minutes ago, David68 said:

Jake HV robbed by the pop songs :thumbsdown: 

Remember when IDF thought that Jake was going to win season 17? :haha:.

Well, we were right but we picked the wrong Jake 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
8 minutes ago, echoap said:

Sad to see that, with barely two options left, the mandatory "Which teen will make the Finale" poll won't be possible this season. 😪

Choose one:

A) Carter

b) Carter 

c) Carter

d) Carter 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Carter making it over Payge is will probably be my biggest annoyance of the season 

I’m guessing they will do the one per coach finale plus the WC again, so one of them will likely make it. 

4 hours ago, antikid said:

respectfully, hell no. She killed every performance 

she was amazing, although i thought she was a lil bit pitchy in places, although i could be entirely wrong. no matter what, her performances were amazing and she was several tiers above everyone else in the competition, thought kimberly and kennedy were the closest that made it to SF.

Edited by ashwinner

I definitely understand the criticism to Keisha from you country fans, I am a fan of all the belting and vocal gymnastics so I really enjoy contestants like her and MaKenzie but it's just my taste

7 hours ago, seak05 said:

Carter making it over Payge is will probably be my biggest annoyance of the season 

They'll probably make one per coach again so unfortunately, Carter making it over Payge is almost inevitable, she doesn't strike as someone who'd be popular with the general demo and her genre doesn't has the best history on the show (Indie/rock i assume), then again, i didn't expect Rose to go far before she got the PV in the Playoffs so things could change if she play the right cards

Edited by moonlighty