Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Contestant: *demonstrates some form of love or affection for their wife or children*   Y'all:  

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I love Kelly but I trust her coaching decision-making process as far as I can throw it.

From what I saw in the taping, Kelly seemed really excited about Desz and Tanner. They’re gonna likely be her top 2, along with Cami as the wildcard. If Cami wins PV, Desz wins the save and Tanner wins the wildcard if Taryn loses the four way knockout.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tanner is Kelly’s horse. Anyone who believes differently didn’t watch season 17. 🙃

 

Actually, I’m kind of trolling. I listened to a grand total of 20 seconds of Tanner’s clips, so I have no idea what he’s capable of. I haven’t listened to much of Desz, but I’m assuming she’s good, based on the daily comments here. However, we so know that minivan loves themselves some male country singers, and they’re clearly on the top of Kelly’s pecking order. 
 

1. Male country singer

2. Teen girl

3. Powerhouse AA diva 

 

White, adult female doesn’t even make her top 5, so I don’t have much hope for Cami, unless the audience votes her through for PV or wildcard. We’ve discussed the difficulties 18-22 old females have getting votes on this show. To reiterate, Christina Grimmie is the only female finalist from that age range, and she needed a twitter save, with the help of Justin Bieber.  

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VoiceFan! said:

From what I saw in the taping, Kelly seemed really excited about Desz and Tanner. They’re gonna likely be her top 2, along with Cami as the wildcard. If Cami wins PV, Desz wins the save and Tanner wins the wildcard if Taryn loses the four way knockout.

How does Taryn losing the four way knockout come in play? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, David68 said:

How does Taryn losing the four way knockout come in play? 

Taryn's country, Team Blake, and had to compete against a trio in her battle round, all of which should help win her votes in the 4-way KO. If she wins the KO and advances to the live shows, she's somewhat likely to end up in the Wildcard since Jim seems the most likely of Team Blake to get the PV and Worth the Wait has already been chosen over Taryn once this year - the novelty factor of WTW being a trio makes things interesting (plus they're Blake's 4-chair act, which could influence his choice to keep them).

 

Tanner, while also country, is less distinctive than Taryn and is on Team Kelly, which is slightly less of a boost than the Team Blake fandom. If he loses the PV to Desz or Cami and Kelly saves someone else, he's likely the Wildcard representative for his team. Going up against Taryn would make things a lot more challenging, since they'd potentially split a country voting block (and if Taryn pulls out a Reba/Trisha/Carrie number for that, then RIP to Tanner's chances).

 

If the 4-way KO goes to one of the others (like Larriah), then Tanner going into the Wildcard means he'd likely be the only country act there and would have a less difficult time winning it, since the other likely Wildcard acts of Team Blake (Sid and Ian) are either not country or have been mentioned by sources to be not as big of vocal threats. Beyond Tanner, the only other country act that may end up in the Wildcard is Ben, since Team Gwen has two clear-cut front-runners in Carter and Payge, but apparently her decision to steal him wasn't well-received by the KO taping audience so I'd consider him a less serious threat than Taryn would be.

Edited by VintageVoice
Names and clarity
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Taryn's country, Team Blake, and had to compete against a trio in her battle round, all of which should help win her votes in the 4-way KO. If she wins the KO and advances to the live shows, she's somewhat likely to end up in the Wildcard since Jim seems the most likely of Team Blake to get the PV and Worth the Wait has already been chosen over Taryn once this year - the novelty factor of WTW being a trio makes things interesting (plus they're Blake's 4-chair act, which could influence his choice to keep them).

 

Tanner, while also country, is less distinctive than Taryn and is on Team Kelly, which is slightly less of a boost than the Team Blake fandom. If he loses the PV to Desz or Cami and Kelly saves someone else, he's likely the Wildcard representative for his team. Going up against Taryn would make things a lot more challenging, since they'd potentially split a country voting block (and if Taryn pulls out a Reba/Trisha/Carrie number for that, then RIP to Tanner's chances).

 

If the 4-way KO goes to one of the others (like Larriah), then Tanner going into the Wildcard means he'd likely be the only country act there and would have a less difficult time winning it, since the other likely Wildcard acts of Team Blake (Sid and Ian) are either not country or have been mentioned by sources to be not as big of vocal threats. Beyond Tanner, the only other country act that may end up in the Wildcard is Ben, since Team Gwen has two clear-cut front-runners in Carter and Payge, but apparently her decision to steal him wasn't well-received by the KO taping audience so I'd consider him a less serious threat than Taryn would be.

Aha

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Taryn's country, Team Blake, and had to compete against a trio in her battle round, all of which should help win her votes in the 4-way KO. If she wins the KO and advances to the live shows, she's somewhat likely to end up in the Wildcard since Jim seems the most likely of Team Blake to get the PV and Worth the Wait has already been chosen over Taryn once this year - the novelty factor of WTW being a trio makes things interesting (plus they're Blake's 4-chair act, which could influence his choice to keep them).

 

Tanner, while also country, is less distinctive than Taryn and is on Team Kelly, which is slightly less of a boost than the Team Blake fandom. If he loses the PV to Desz or Cami and Kelly saves someone else, he's likely the Wildcard representative for his team. Going up against Taryn would make things a lot more challenging, since they'd potentially split a country voting block (and if Taryn pulls out a Reba/Trisha/Carrie number for that, then RIP to Tanner's chances).

 

If the 4-way KO goes to one of the others (like Larriah), then Tanner going into the Wildcard means he'd likely be the only country act there and would have a less difficult time winning it, since the other likely Wildcard acts of Team Blake (Sid and Ian) are either not country or have been mentioned by sources to be not as big of vocal threats. Beyond Tanner, the only other country act that may end up in the Wildcard is Ben, since Team Gwen has two clear-cut front-runners in Carter and Payge, but apparently her decision to steal him wasn't well-received by the KO taping audience so I'd consider him a less serious threat than Taryn would be.


Taryn is such a wildcard at this point. There are so many possible scenarios. They could either bus her off the stage, or she could be a threat to freaking win the show if Blake gets behind her. It’s not hyperbole to say she might be the best female country vocalist to ever appear on this show. She is that good. All of that said, she’s clearly an underdog at the moment. First things first. Get through the 4-Way KO. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly haven't looked up at Taryn Papa. You guys seems so confident on her, and someone even compared her to Alisan Porter (who is a vocal beast). Can she really hit those really high notes or something? Her covers from yt reminds me her more of Lauren Duski back on Season 11. I am just curious, and I do not mean bad thing or something 😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Taryn is such a wildcard at this point. There are so many possible scenarios. They could either bus her off the stage, or she could be a threat to freaking win the show if Blake gets behind her. It’s not hyperbole to say she might be the best female country vocalist to ever appear on this show. She is that good. All of that said, she’s clearly an underdog at the moment. First things first. Get through the 4-Way KO. 

If The Voice chooses to, she could have the same pathway as Alisan, except with a more country focus. Anyway, I think that somewhat soon they'd want to have the 4 Way KO winner be the winner of the competition for the sake of making things interseting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I honestly haven't looked up at Taryn Papa. You guys seems so confident on her, and someone even compared her to Alisan Porter (who is a vocal beast). Can she really hit those really high notes or something? Her covers from yt reminds me her more of Lauren Duski back on Season 11. I am just curious, and I do not mean bad thing or something 😁

She has a huge range 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I honestly haven't looked up at Taryn Papa. You guys seems so confident on her, and someone even compared her to Alisan Porter (who is a vocal beast). Can she really hit those really high notes or something? Her covers from yt reminds me her more of Lauren Duski back on Season 11. I am just curious, and I do not mean bad thing or something 😁

Just by the way, it was Season 12, she is amazing

Edited by David68
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I honestly haven't looked up at Taryn Papa. You guys seems so confident on her, and someone even compared her to Alisan Porter (who is a vocal beast). Can she really hit those really high notes or something? Her covers from yt reminds me her more of Lauren Duski back on Season 11. I am just curious, and I do not mean bad thing or something 😁


At least 3 octaves, based on my quick analysis of some live videos, and she has power in all parts of her range. I’m usual not overly impressed by range, but I like her tone too. She’s also really versatile, and regularly sings outside her genre, so non-country fans should be able to find something they like. However, being on a TV show about a singing competition is not the same as a Nashville bar, where everybody in the building loves her. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

Can you show uh maybe videos? Or just send me links in the private message 😬. I really like powerful country females, so I might stan her, depends.


Her fan thread is open. There are lots of videos posted there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

Can you show uh maybe videos? Or just send me links in the private message 😬. I really like powerful country females, so I might stan her, depends.

 

You should watch her "Three" by Lauren Alaina cover on youtube. That performance was beautiful even way better than the original, to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

 

You should watch her "Three" by Lauren Alaina cover on youtube. That performance was beautiful even way better than the original, to be honest.

Yeah, I don’t want to turn this into a Taryn fan thread, but she asked for a video, so here’s the one you mentioned. She didn’t need her entire range for the song, but that’s just fine with me. The original is just OK, but Taryn turned it into something I think she could get perform on the show, and do well with it. Most people probably don’t know the song. 
 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, roundtown said:

She had it the first week of September, the first week her show filmed, so it was for those 6 shows which will air randomly for awhile. She said she got it on a long shoot day for The Voice in a dusty warehouse and also ended up having to wear the patch during the battle rehearsal clips so it'll be making an appearance on this show too.

The eye patch will probably only show up in the rehearsal clips, it was gone by the time the performances for Battles were taped. Kelly said in an interview that she did with California Live that Gwen laughed at her when she saw her wearing the eye patch for rehearsals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone watched Alicia Key's appearance on James Corden's show? 

 

Lmao she straight up said Blake was the worst among the s12 coaches. I wonder if that was just a joke or something 😂

 

I would love her to be back on one of the red chairs in the future. She looks like she haven't aged lmao, what a goddess

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, French20 said:

I just watched Mackenzie Thomas covers, and shit I suddenly remembered this amazing woman didn't win The Voice 🤧

Truth! Her over Chris K!

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, David68 said:

Truth! Her over Chris K!

Chris was also good and deserved the Finale but I agree she also deserved the Finale as well over either Kennedy or Kirk. Mackenzie was the best Vocalsit of s15(maybe after Kymberli) and still Kirk made it over her despite having one of the worst performance of the night.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Did anyone watched Alicia Key's appearance on James Corden's show? 

 

Lmao she straight up said Blake was the worst among the s12 coaches. I wonder if that was just a joke or something 😂

 

Knowing Blake, I´m most certain that he would get a laugh out of it than get offended.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Knowing Blake, I´m most certain that he would get a laugh out of it than get offended.

From the videos I can find of seasons where they both were on the show, it seems like they had a friendly-poking-fun-at-each-other vibe but you could see that there was a lot of mutual respect there too - so I'm fairly certain he'd take it in stride.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...