Jump to content
idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Recommended Posts

 

8 minutes ago, B-B said:

The biggest is definitely Morgan Wallen who has had two or three number one hits on country

Melanie has had quite a few hits in pop music so you can't simply compare numbers but she definitely had more success

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, antikid said:

 

Melanie has had quite a few hits in pop music so you can't simply compare numbers but she definitely had more success


So far, Melanie’s success has been as an album artist. None of her songs have been radio hits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B-B said:

The biggest is definitely Morgan Wallen who has had two or three number one hits on country

I don't really listen to country music besides Chris Stapleton and Kacey Musgraves but I think i heard abt him somewhere, his name is familiar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:


So far, Melanie’s success has been as an album artist. None of her songs have been radio hits. 

True, she is big with teens and both her albums were successful but she has never had a radio hit, she used to be in the same niche as ppl like Lana, Halsey and Billie but all of them made it bigger and she didn't

Edited by moonlighty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, moonlighty said:

I agree, i do love Todd but i want another unique winner like Maelyn, it was a breath of fresh air to have her winning

OMG we Stan the taste!!!! I love that description of Maelyn, it truly was a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other winners (and the other finalists), whether others were less refined or more... country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ashwinner said:

OMG we Stan the taste!!!! I love that description of Maelyn, it truly was a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other winners (and the other finalists), whether others were less refined or more... country. 

Maelyn was very good, but she wasn't really unique. She fits into the same general box (if we're lumping Todd, Sundance, and Jake together) as Brynn and Alisan; soft pop/folk/Americana. The only two unique winners we've had recently are Chloe K, and Chris Blue. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Maelyn was very good, but she wasn't really unique. She fits into the same general box (if we're lumping Todd, Sundance, and Jake together) as Brynn and Alisan; soft pop/folk/Americana. The only two unique winners we've had recently are Chloe K, and Chris Blue. 

Yeah, I just feel like it was refreshing to see an artist of other genre win over 3 country artists since so many talented singers were robbed that season, not only by the country mafia but also by the format and song choices

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Some examples would be Celia, Jej, Mari, Dominic, LB, Beth, Mikaela, Rizzi (The last two were Kelly's choices but still), all of them deserved better in my opinion, it'd be cool if they somehow did an All-Star season with contestants that deserved more on the show

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Some examples would be Celia, Jej, Mari, Dominic, LB, Beth, Mikaela, Rizzi (The last two were Kelly's choices but still), all of them deserved better in my opinion, it'd be cool if they somehow did an All-Star season with contestants that deserved more on the show

 

LMAO all are coming from such disastrous Season 16. But yeah, I don't think that season was much of a competition, since Queen Maelyn, slayed many every since the start. Poor others artists did not stand a chance.

 

I think what Jej reached was just fine for him, tbh I don't think he'd reach that far. He's been so inconsistent on the Live Rounds. And also, poor Mikaela and Rizzi, I really agree with you, they both deserve to go far on that than the boring bunch of country singers we got lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

LMAO all are coming from such disastrous Season 16. But yeah, I don't think that season was much of a competition, since Queen Maelyn, slayed many every since the start. Poor others artists did not stand a chance.

 

I think what Jej reached was just fine for him, tbh I don't think he'd reach that far. He's been so inconsistent on the Live Rounds. And also, poor Mikaela and Rizzi, I really agree with you, they both deserve to go far on that than the boring bunch of country singers we got lol

Yeah, S16 was rly bad but I quoted that season only cuz we were talking abt Maelyn, I feel like the best example would be my particular favorite season, S13, oh the talent that season had

Edited by moonlighty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring back Moriah Formica and Emily Luther! Two people who were truly screwed over by their two coaches! Oh, and Keisha Renee and Noah Mac. At least they made it farther that Emily and Moriah though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, moonlighty said:

Some examples would be Celia, Jej, Mari, Dominic, LB, Beth, Mikaela, Rizzi (The last two were Kelly's choices but still), all of them deserved better in my opinion, it'd be cool if they somehow did an All-Star season with contestants that deserved more on the show

ugh yes Mari is so underrated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 18 was a better season with better results then the past previous seasons from season 14 til 17. It had phenomenal talent. Allegra, Micah, Zan, Joanna, Megan, Thunderstorm, Toniesha,Cedrice, Mandi Castillo, Arei Moon, and CamWess. In my opinion Todd was really good and that whole finale had contestants who everyone loved, not a bland country singer. Season 18 was a great season like season 13 imo. I just hope season 19 is great because I believe that the fall seasons bring more and better contestants! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Season 18 was a better season with better results then the past previous seasons from season 14 til 17. It had phenomenal talent. Allegra, Micah, Zan, Joanna, Megan, Thunderstorm, Toniesha,Cedrice, Mandi Castillo, Arei Moon, and CamWess. In my opinion Todd was really good and that whole finale had contestants who everyone loved, not a bland country singer. Season 18 was a great season like season 13 imo. I just hope season 19 is great because I believe that the fall seasons bring more and better contestants! 

Yeah, it's a shame Covid screwed up the lives, they could have been epic (It also had some of the best finalists in recent seasons)

Edited by moonlighty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Yeah, it's a shame Covid screwed up the lives, they could have been epic (It also had some of the best finalists in recent seasons)


Or, it could have been a trainwreck, since they would have had to sing live. We’ll never know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Changing the topic to somenthing more S19-related, how does everyone feel abt the current coach lineup? I don't rly hate or love Nick, I feel like I need more than 1 season to judge, I also wouldn't mind if they replaced him for Gwen, I enjoyed her last season, I miss Alicia though I like how John is able to make a great team every new season

Edited by moonlighty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Changing the topic to somenthing more S19-related, how does everyone feel abt the current coach lineup? I don't rly hate or love Nick, I feel like I need more than 1 season to judge, I also wouldn't mind if they replaced him for Gwen, I enjoyed her last season, I miss Alicia though I like how John is able to make a great team every new season

I love Alicia!!! I think John is kinda arrogant and wish that Alicia would replace him but she's probably busy with other stuff. I thought Nick was kind of boring, and it also felt a little like he was trying to be an Adam. I like Gwen but I am bothered by the fact that she doesn't seem to turn for blind auditions in most cases until/unless another coach turns for them (Nick did this, but to a lesser extent).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

 I don't rly hate or love Nick, I feel like I need more than 1 season to judge, I also wouldn't mind if they replaced him for Gwen, I enjoyed her last season, 

They did announce that Gwen was replacing Nick a bit ago if you didn't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, David68 said:

They did announce that Gwen was replacing Nick a bit ago if you didn't know.

Oh I didn't knew that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moonlighty said:

Changing the topic to somenthing more S19-related, how does everyone feel abt the current coach lineup? I don't rly hate or love Nick, I feel like I need more than 1 season to judge, I also wouldn't mind if they replaced him for Gwen, I enjoyed her last season, I miss Alicia though I like how John is able to make a great team every new season

John's teams are always stacked but he's not always the best at managing it (see: losing all his four-chairs by the end of the playoffs this season); that said, the EGOT thing is definitely a big draw so I get how his teams end up with really good artists. His zen is a good balance for the more extroverted folks on the panel.

 

Kelly's a hoot and she's been relatively successful as a coach (winning 3/5 of the seasons she's been a full-time coach for) and her fanbase is a boost for her artists, plus she does have a leg up having navigated a similar competition as a contestant even if it's now been nearly two decades. 

 

Blake's hella loyal fanbase and dedication to his artists post-show are both big selling points, and he can be entertaining to watch. Even if a lot of times his artists end up not being my taste, if I were a contestant I'd most likely pick him given the track record.  

 

I'm excited Gwen's back because her seasons have drawn a more eclectic pool of artists, and most of her seasons have ended up giving me someone to listen to if they're not on her team (Will Breman being the most recent example). Gwen's also really good at connecting with the artists on a human level and seems to be very nurturing for those on her team who need it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

John's teams are always stacked but he's not always the best at managing it (see: losing all his four-chairs by the end of the playoffs this season); that said, the EGOT thing is definitely a big draw so I get how his teams end up with really good artists. His zen is a good balance for the more extroverted folks on the panel.

 

Kelly's a hoot and she's been relatively successful as a coach (winning 3/5 of the seasons she's been a full-time coach for) and her fanbase is a boost for her artists, plus she does have a leg up having navigated a similar competition as a contestant even if it's now been nearly two decades. 

 

Blake's hella loyal fanbase and dedication to his artists post-show are both big selling points, and he can be entertaining to watch. Even if a lot of times his artists end up not being my taste, if I were a contestant I'd most likely pick him given the track record.  

 

I'm excited Gwen's back because her seasons have drawn a more eclectic pool of artists, and most of her seasons have ended up giving me someone to listen to if they're not on her team (Will Breman being the most recent example). Gwen's also really good at connecting with the artists on a human level and seems to be very nurturing for those on her team who need it.

 

Agree with everything u said, i wasn't a fan of Gwen as a coach but i really enjoyed her presence last season, Blake has everything in his favour including his track record but i dunno if I'd pass the chance of being able to be with Kelly, ik many ppl don't like her for VERY questionable decisions she made but I find her really fun and down-to-earth, genre also has a heavy impact on how contestants choose their coaches: Blake is always able to have a versatile team but country artists are undeniably more likely to pick him, young girls, pop singers and soulful powerhouses are likely to pick Kelly, John usually sticks with R&B/soul and folky types while Gwen is pretty versatile, she has a wide variety of genres that usually end up on her team ranging from rock to pop to reggae/ska-like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was on Allegra’s live and someone commented that they’re auditioning for the voice on July 17th....that would prob be for the spring season? Idk if i5 would mean some kind of blind auditions or something. Maybe they were just trolling 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

So I was on Allegra’s live and someone commented that they’re auditioning for the voice on July 17th....that would prob be for the spring season? Idk if i5 would mean some kind of blind auditions or something. Maybe they were just trolling 

No the voice casting just announced new virtual open call dates and one is July 17. These auditions are for the spring season 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, know its been awhile but here is an interesting thought. We know that The Voice will be tightening their safety protocals due to the ongoing pandemic. We also know this virus can be spread through our droplets. So my question is, will the Battle Rounds still be a thing? They usually consist of two or more people in a small ring within close proximity. Singing closely together will also increase the risk of infection. I know they will be disinfecting mics but I can't see how they can make it safe for this round in particular. Do you guys think they will cut this round altogether or replace it?

Edited by Maxwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maxwell said:

Hey everyone, know its been awhile but here is an interesting thought. We know that The Voice will be tightening their safetly protocals due to the ongoing pandemic. We also know this virus can be spread through our droplets. So my question is, will the Battle Rounds still be a thing? They usually consist of two or more people in a small ring within close proximity. Singing closely together will also increase the risk of infection. I know they will be disinfecting mics but I can't see how they can make it safe for this round in particular. Do you guys think they will cut this round altogether or replace it?

I love the Battle Rounds but it would be safer for the artists if they were cut or replaced if by the time they do S19 the virus is still out (which might be the case, I don't know when they are starting to record the show)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...