I'm going to first confess that I did secure a ticket to Knockout Tapings #2 but opted not to attend in favor of an extra six hours of sleep.

After seeing the KO results, I have to say that as a coach, Gwen's ability to navigate the competition is clearly not on par with the other three coaches on the show.  Whether it's the Blind Auditions where she relies on other coaches turning around before she does, or the Battles and Knockouts where she uses her saves and steals early (and questionably so at that), Gwen's shown a weakness to let her heart do the talking and button-pressing for her that she isn't thinking about the big picture.  Had we not moved into the "each coach is guaranteed 1 finalist format", she would be up for an early elimination once again.  She has not had an artist finish higher than 4th place in her entire Voice tenure, and with the way her team is shaping up this season, I don't see that changing.

She's a great person, and I'm sure Blake wants her to continue to be a coach, but NBC has got to be thinking about finding another coach to take that 4th seat and compete with Blake, Kelly, and John on equal footing.

(Well, there's always Nick, but COVID-19 + Diabetes = Instant Death)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Contestant: *demonstrates some form of love or affection for their wife or children*   Y'all:  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Minhtam said:

I'm going to first confess that I did secure a ticket to Knockout Tapings #2 but opted not to attend in favor of an extra six hours of sleep.

After seeing the KO results, I have to say that as a coach, Gwen's ability to navigate the competition is clearly not on par with the other three coaches on the show.  Whether it's the Blind Auditions where she relies on other coaches turning around before she does, or the Battles and Knockouts where she uses her saves and steals early (and questionably so at that), Gwen's shown a weakness to let her heart do the talking and button-pressing for her that she isn't thinking about the big picture.  Had we not moved into the "each coach is guaranteed 1 finalist format", she would be up for an early elimination once again.  She has not had an artist finish higher than 4th place in her entire Voice tenure, and with the way her team is shaping up this season, I don't see that changing.

She's a great person, and I'm sure Blake wants her to continue to be a coach, but NBC has got to be thinking about finding another coach to take that 4th seat and compete with Blake, Kelly, and John on equal footing.

(Well, there's always Nick, but COVID-19 + Diabetes = Instant Death)

They should get Demi Lovato to coach or bring back Jhud or Xtina to give John some competition 

5 minutes ago, David68 said:

@VintageVoice

10 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Van. I’m a massive fan of The Killers and Human is one of my favorite songs of all time. I was so disappointed to read that he didn’t do well and even Gwen was super critical.

14 seasons without a song by The Killers but hey... at least there’s still access to their catalogue?

I was offline for 12+ hours and came back to like a dozen pages of thread add-ons, so I missed that in my playing catchup.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Minhtam said:

Literally all coaches use their saves and steals early on, I don't know what you're on about lmao

Also, Kelly is also known for going with her heart and you seem to praise her, not saying that you shouldn't though

Gwen's team isn't even that week 

• Like 9
1 minute ago, antikid said:

Literally all coaches use their saves and steals early on, I don't know what you're on about lmao

Also, Kelly is also known for going with her heart and you seem to praise her, not saying that you shouldn't though

I agree 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BigMac454 said:

They should get Demi Lovato to coach or bring back Jhud or Xtina to give John some competition 

2 minutes ago, antikid said:

What u guys think

Xtina is done with the show, many times she said that she's had it with it. JHud may be interested, but so far nothing on her return. 

Demi may be good tbh, to try to appeal to the younger audience(the 1% of them lmao) and I could see playing the game well if she's smart enough to dip in the country lane with her team. Or just learning what works for her team to succeed.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, antikid said:

isn't music supposed to be about what you feel? I know that feelings are subjective but I totally agree with you antikid, in that both do it, so why get mad at one and support the other?

great point :thumbsup:

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Xtina is done with the show, many times she said that she's had it with it. JHud may be interested, but so far nothing on her return. 

Demi may be good tbh, to try to appeal to the younger audience(the 1% of them lmao) and I could see playing the game well if she's smart enough to dip in the country lane with her team. Or just learning what works for her team to succeed.

Demi could give John and Kelly a run for their money team making wise.   #demiforthevoiceSeason20

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BigMac454 said:

Demi could give John and Kelly a run for their money team making wise.   #demiforthevoiceSeason20

I like Demi and would like to see her a coach but I just don't see her on same panel with Kelly. Maybe, a bit harsh but not really necessary with Kelly there

Just now, antikid said:

I like Demi and would like to see her a coach but I just don't see her on same panel with Kelly. Maybe, a bit harsh but not really necessary with Kelly there

i think yeah but getting rid of Kelly would be bad though. I need Demi on the show

23 minutes ago, antikid said:

Same, Kelly and Demi fill very similar lanes and i don't see The Voice getting rid of Kelly anytime soon

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Maybe Demi could be a battle advisor for Team Kelly at some point, then?

I would rly love this, Demi is a huge Kelly fan so it's definitely a possibility

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

If Queen Xtina came back I’d be so happy!!! 😃

I love Kelsie (she was probably my fav) but I feel like people are underestimating Madeline. She’s got a pretty big range and also is more of a crossover artist, more in the realm of Maren Morris I’d say. She’s got a soulful voice and can sing country. I’m not as mad as I thought I’d be since Kelsie loss to someone who is clearly good. I think this season is pretty deep for sure. The front runners aren’t impressing me as much as I’d like from what I’ve heard but I don’t really see lots of weak links this season. 

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

why is nobody talking about Jessie J? however, is it known in your country? then the voice fans watch all the voices in the world, so they know her perfectly since she was in the voice UK, Australia and Kids UK, she is the best coach in the world, and she would be excellent at USA

• Like 1
Just now, French20 said:

why is nobody talking about Jessie J? however, is it known in your country? then the voice fans watch all the voices in the world, so they know her perfectly since she was in the voice UK, Australia and Kids UK, she is the best coach in the world, and she would be excellent at USA

She's not as big in the US - she has some well known stuff (Price Tag, Bang Bang, and Mama Knows Best) but nothing charts to the same extent as in the UK or AUS, plus her lane isn't too different from Kelly's (pop/R&B vs. pop/country) so if Kelly continues to coach then Jessie J will likely not be considered for a while as a coach here stateside.

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

She's not as big in the US - she has some well known stuff (Price Tag, Bang Bang, and Mama Knows Best) but nothing charts to the same extent as in the UK or AUS, plus her lane isn't too different from Kelly's (pop/R&B vs. pop/country) so if Kelly continues to coach then Jessie J will likely not be considered for a while as a coach here stateside.

I love Kelly's voice, but to say that there is not too much difference between that of Jessie J ...........

I love Kelly but Jessie J has the most beautiful voice in the world actually 

too bad for the USA, I really hope that one day she will be a coach in the USA

2 minutes ago, French20 said:

I love Kelly's voice, but to say that there is not too much difference between that of Jessie J ...........

I love Kelly but Jessie J has the most beautiful voice in the world actually 

too bad for the USA, I really hope that one day she will be a coach in the USA

Vocally they are different for sure, but genre-wise both are pop artists that do crossover work into other genres (Kelly into country, Jessie into R&B). It's the genre similarity that would prevent them from being on the same season, and Kelly seems happy to stay on the panel. Jessie would be great, but she's unlikely to be on call as a replacement for anyone other than Kelly at this point.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Vocally they are different for sure, but genre-wise both are pop artists that do crossover work into other genres (Kelly into country, Jessie into R&B). It's the genre similarity that would prevent them from being on the same season, and Kelly seems happy to stay on the panel. Jessie would be great, but she's unlikely to be on call as a replacement for anyone other than Kelly at this point.

they put Gwen / Blake well, and I don't necessarily see where the difference is between them ...

I like Demi and Jessie J but I don’t think they would add anything new or interesting to the show. I would love to see a rock or indie leaning coach (Florence Welsh would be great but I don’t think she would want to be a coach)

• Like 1