Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Posted Images

Payge and Jim were probably the two standout performances in taping 2. The 4 way knockout was very good.
 

I would guess we’re getting same format as last season, so each coach in the final & Blake gets two. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of thoughts

 

Overall the knockouts were very good mostly right decisions were made

Jim and Payge were definite standouts 

 

I am very bothered about LF getting cut when I clearly thought she won that...shes green but so much potential. Wish there was a steal left.  Bailey was good, but i thought LF would just bring more diversity to the playoffs.

 

Same thing with Ryan he gave one of the best performances but pairing against the frontrunner Payge with no steal left , he was live bait.  Then you a dumb pairing like Joseph Soul vs Van who both messed up and Ryan was superior over them, so thats what makes me upset. 

 

Four way knockout was great..everyone delivered in my opinion.  Julia personally was my favorite and I loved the song choice but it may not be the type of song to grab votes.  Taryn probably has this TBH.

 

James vs Ian i personally thought James was a lot more interesting......he was not happy about the outcome I'lll give you that.  Ian is comparative to Dave Finley, but there are way too many male country singers who sound the same in this batch. Thats just my taste.  However there is some very good talent this season.

 

 

 

Edited by katybay
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, katybay said:

Couple of thoughts

 

Overall the knockouts were very good mostly right decisions were made

Jim and Payge were definite standouts 

 

I am very bothered about LF getting cut when I clearly thought she won that...shes green but so much potential. Wish there was a steal left.  Bailey was good, but i thought LF would just bring more diversity to the playoffs.

 

Same thing with Ryan he gave one of the best performances but pairing against the frontrunner Payge with no steal left , he was live bait.  Then you a dumb pairing like Joseph Soul vs Van who both messed up and Ryan was superior over them, so thats what makes me upset. 

 

Four way knockout was great..everyone delivered in my opinion.  Julia personally was my favorite and I loved the song choice but it may not be the type of song to grab votes.  Taryn probably has this TBH.

 

James vs Ian i personally thought James was a lot more interesting......he was not happy about the outcome I'lll give you that.  Ian is comparative to Dave Finley, but there are way too many male country singers who sound the same in this batch. Thats just my taste.  However there is some very good talent this season.

 

 

 

How did James express his dissatisfaction?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

LOL, Julia with the Billie Elleish song, Ryan with the Andrea song and Larriah with an Adele lmao.

 

Taryn welcome to the Playoffs PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

The only one that I would consider out of the running solely based on song choice is Julia. There´s no way Minivan is gonna vote for her doing that song, no matter how good the performance is, the second they take a look at the title.

 

I feel like Taryn has the biggest advantage right now, if she did nail a Faith Hill song, Minivan would pay her respects. The public also seems to always enjoy a well sung rendition of an Adele song, so Larriah can still do some damage if she did good. As for Ryan, going operatic might not help him but I wouldn´t count him out yet, he could very well nail it and the public would reward him for that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

I think Chloe was a bad steal because she’s getting eliminated next round. I hope if Desz gets PV that Kelly saves Cami, although she might go country and stay loyal by picking Tanner. Whatever the scenario is, I think Madeline is out. She should have picked Kelsie instead. The good thing is that Kelly does well with her steals, like Kaleb Lee, Rod Stokes, Max Boyle, and to a lesser extent Matthew Johnston.

I believe Chloe might've done something different to the song because I guess the coaches expected Carter to win, but John chose Chloe and Blake couldn't pick (Kelly leaned Carter of course) and Gwen had a real tough time picking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Someone648 said:

I believe Chloe might've done something different to the song because I guess the coaches expected Carter to win, but John chose Chloe and Blake couldn't pick (Kelly leaned Carter of course) and Gwen had a real tough time picking.

Like its been said before, John always has that artist that intrigues him and he tries to keep as long as possible despite not being a frontrunner (Celia, Will, Mandi C.). I'm feeling that Chloe will probably take that place this season.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BigMac454 said:

 

My dream panel is Usher, Demi Lovato, Kelly, and Blake 

I really think Usher will be a coach for the S20, he was a mentor for season 17, and there mega mentor, with a space of time of just 2 seasons, it suggests that he is coming back as a coach
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Like its been said before, John always has that artist that intrigues him and he tries to keep as long as possible despite not being a frontrunner (Celia, Will, Mandi C.). I'm feeling that Chloe will probably take that place this season.

 

Oh definitely. I don't expect Chloe to make the top 9 simply because John's got 2 clear frontrunners. I fully expect that unless Bailey pulls of some miracle, John and Tamara will be his top 2. One coach (I believe they said it was Kelly) had told John H. that his only competition on the show was himself and he kept pulling out something different, and the coaches all freaked out over Tamara's performance because she brought a ton of personality to it. I guess Tamara changed a couple lyrics to make it her own as well, but I'm not sure to what extent - just that the coaches and the sources loved her energy.

 

Overall, it seems like the coaches absolutely adore both of them and feel pretty threatened by both.

Edited by Someone648
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, French20 said:

I really think Usher will be a coach for the S20, he was a mentor for season 17, and there mega mentor, with a space of time of just 2 seasons, it suggests that he is coming back as a coach
 


Or it suggests that he has a good relationship with the show, but doesn’t want to make the time commitment of being a coach.

 

i would love to have him back on the panel, but I wouldn’t read much into it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

 

The point of KOs isn’t to create good pairings, it’s to consolidate your team. Good pairings stink of producer “suggestions”.

Good point. I don’t feel like arguing it further since they both made it through anyway! :haha:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Reminder that if we get a coach quota in the finale again, there's no possible way we get all of DeSz, Tamara, John, and Cami in the finale. :/ 

I really hope the coach quota doesn´t happen. ¿Was there a lot of criticism for that to the point that common sense will meet the producers to not do it again?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:


Or it suggests that he has a good relationship with the show, but doesn’t want to make the time commitment of being a coach.

 

i would love to have him back on the panel, but I wouldn’t read much into it.

 

except that there are only two seasons of difference, there is also the fact that John will soon be a father again, so he would take his place just for one season

or maybe Gwen (hopefully) will leave for season 20, but I don't think they'll put John and Usher on at the same time

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Reminder that if we get a coach quota in the finale again, there's no possible way we get all of DeSz, Tamara, John, and Cami in the finale. :/ 

those of us that are Payge fans are not complaining about that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Like its been said before, John always has that artist that intrigues him and he tries to keep as long as possible despite not being a frontrunner (Celia, Will, Mandi C.). I'm feeling that Chloe will probably take that place this season.

 

both of John's steals have come from Gwen's team.  Why is this not surprising to me ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...