Just now, antikid said:

While it's not hard to believe that he did do well with the song, I just think he should avoid the overdone diva songs lane as much as possible to have a real shot to go far

Agreed. I think for his future songs he should sing Screaming OR Across Endless Dimensions by Dimash Kudaibergen

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Contestant: *demonstrates some form of love or affection for their wife or children*   Y'all:  

Posted Images

I think we could have a reverse S16 scenario here. A Team Blake member wins (Jim) while DesZ / John / Payge all split votes.

The producers will probably push for an AA woman win (DesZ, Tamara or Payge) but it’s going to backfire.

This is all speculation (and the season hasn’t even started) but it’ll be fun to see how wrong I was when we see the real thing.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

K*: Madeline Consoer - Die From A Broken Heart (Maddie & Tae) vs. Kelsie Watts - You Oughta Know (Alanis Morissette)

No Kelsie!!!! 😭 I wonder what happened... 🤔

J: John Holiday - All By Myself (Celine Dion) vs. Cami Clune - I Put A Spell on You (Nina Simone) - Kelly STOLE Cami.

This is probably going to be my favorite knockout pairing. 😁 If John slays this song, I’ll be a fan. I actually posted Cami’s cover of I Put a Spell on You in her fan thread and said that it was one of my favorites from her, so yay me!!! :ohyeah:

K: DeSz - Can We Talk (Tevin Campbell) vs. Sid Kingsley - Make It Rain (Ed Sheeran) - Blake and John stole Sid; Sid chose BLAKE.

By default, I assume that Queen DeSz slayed. 😄 

Edited by Bk1234

4-Way Knockout*:

Taryn Papa - Cry (Faith Hill)

Julia Cooper - wish u were gay (billie eilish)

Larriah Jackson - One & Only (Adele)

Ryan Gallagher - Time to Say Goodbye (Andrea Bocelli)

I’m rooting for either a Taryn or Julia win. I think I like Taryn the most, but I feel like Julia will grow on me. 😬

With these spoilers (Thanks btw!) I think the battle montages will be AT LEAST one per team, and following last season’s logic (knockout losers w no steal getting montaged) I think that these will be the montaged battles.

Van vs Tori

JusJon vs Payton

Casme vs Rio Souma

Kelsie Watts vs Emmalee

Edit: Ryan vs Liam could also be an option but I don’t remember the critiques of the battle so I’d go with whoever got worse critiques

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 1

KNOCKOUT PAIRINGS (Results Not Listed)

Reveal hidden contents

Kelly:
DeSz vs. Sid Kingsley
Kelsie Watts vs. Madeline Consoer
Marisa Corvo vs. Tanner Gomes

Gwen:
Carter Rubin vs. Chloe Hogan
Joseph Soul vs. Van Andrew

Payge Turner vs. Ryan Berg

John:
Bailey Rae vs. Lauren Frihauf

Casme vs. Tamara Jade

Cami Clune vs. John Holiday

Blake:
Ben Allen vs. Worth the Wait

Ian Flanigan vs. James Pyle

Jim Ranger vs. JusJon

KNOCKOUT ROUND RESULTS

Reveal hidden contents

-Each coach has one steal

-Usher is the KO advisor

WINNERS BOLDED ON LEFT. STEALS ITALICIZED.

TAPING ONE:

J: Tamara Jade - Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder) vs. Casme - Wrecking Ball (Miley Cyrus)

K: DeSz - Can We Talk (Tevin Campbell) vs. Sid Kingsley - Make It Rain (Ed Sheeran) - Blake and John stole Sid; Sid chose BLAKE.

G: Carter Rubin - You Say (Lauren Daigle) vs. Chloe Hogan - Weak (SWV) - John STOLE Chloe.

B: Worth the Wait - Delta Dawn (Tanya Tucker) vs. Ben Allen - She Got the Best of Me (Luke Combs) - Gwen STOLE Ben.

K: Tanner Gomes - Real Good Man (Tim McGraw) vs. Marisa Corvo - If I Could Turn Back Time (Cher)

J: John Holiday - All By Myself (Celine Dion) vs. Cami Clune - I Put A Spell on You (Nina Simone) - Kelly STOLE Cami.

TAPING TWO:

B: Jim Ranger - Humble and Kind (Tim McGraw vs. JusJon - Finesse (Bruno Mars)

G: Payge Turner - Creep (Radiohead) vs. Ryan Berg - Makin’ Me Look Good Again (Drake White)

J: Bailey Rae - Let Me Down Easy (Billy Currington) vs. Lauren Frihauf  - Cry Baby (Janis Joplin)

G: Joseph Soul - lovely (billie eilish) vs. Van Andrew - Human (The Killers)

B*: Ian Flanigan - Beautiful Crazy (Luke Combs) vs. James Pyle - In My Blood (Shawn Mendes)

K*: Madeline Consoer - Die From A Broken Heart (Maddie & Tae) vs. Kelsie Watts - You Oughta Know (Alanis Morissette)

4-Way Knockout*:

*the 4-way Knockout was filmed before the final two knockout pairings

Besides Jim surviving one more round and Kelly finally getting her own personal Billie Eilish an alternative artist (rather than her typical Powerhouse + Male country singer combo), everything else is going as expected. 

Team Gwen - Carter and Payge easily dominating their way to the lives. 

Team Legend - John Holiday and Tamara looking strong early on. 

Team Blake - WTW doing their thing, and Jim also advancing with ease. However, I still expect Jim to vanish at some point. 

Team Kelly - Surprisingly back in the game. 

Seems like it has been a walk at the park for Jim, since Blake has pitted him against weak opponents, hence I believe he considers him his frontrunner. 

Just now, antikid said:

Max vs Katie?

This is the first pairing I thought of when I saw Desz vs Sid.

Also off topic here, but there's a good amount of Tim McGraw and Billie Eilish in this KOs.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, antikid said:

While it's not hard to believe that he did do well with the song, I just think he should avoid the overdone diva songs lane as much as possible to have a real shot to go far

Is this a joke? The Voice core demo LOVES overdone diva songs, the overdoner the better. It never fails to be hilarious to me that IDF thought that Xtina giving Matt Schuler “Hallelujah” was the kiss of death. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Getting mad at John for creating the best knockout pairing... 🤦🏾‍♂️

The point of KOs isn’t to create good pairings, it’s to consolidate your team. Good pairings stink of producer “suggestions”.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

Is this a joke? The Voice core demo LOVES overdone diva songs, the overdoner the better. It never fails to be hilarious to me that IDF thought that Xtina giving Matt Schuler “Hallelujah” was the kiss of death. 

This. I hate All By Myself, but strategy-wise it’s a good move if he managed to kill it.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

DeSz - Can We Talk (Tevin Campbell)

Oooh I remember Myracle Holloway singing this back on S17, and even if it was shortened, she killed it. I am still bitter about her performance not shown fully. I really think this is a good song choice for Desz, what a killer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I don't recall many, if any male R&B singers making the finale singing overdone diva songs lmao

17 minutes ago, echoap said:

4-Way Knockout*:

Taryn - Decent song choice. Depending on how well Larriah performed, she may win this 4-way KO. 

Larriah - Great song choice. See above ^

Julia - Very refreshing song choice. Good luck getting votes with that though. 

Ryan - I don't know, he just scream fodder to me. 

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

J: Tamara Jade - Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder) vs. Casme - Wrecking Ball (Miley Cyrus)

WE LOVE TO SEE IT

4 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The point of KOs isn’t to create good pairings, it’s to consolidate your team. Good pairings stink of producer “suggestions”.

Preach!  and when your discard becomes the best person on another person's team, it really looks suggested.

Just now, Daillon said:

Based on who made it on Team Kelly, I think Cami is 99% gone on Playoffs.

possible but kelly did use her block for her though and we don't know the format yet, if it's two pvs per team she has a very high chance of making it through