The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

Man, Blake's team is a strong line up for me, Kelly and John's got a clear top 2. Gwen also

Blake's team is competitive, but the 2 standouts I can think of are Jim and WTW.

John's likely still got John and Tamara, but Bailey could pull off an upset solely because she's country.

For Gwen, Payge became her clear frontrunner and Carter's her easy second choice. Unless Ben swoops in with the country vote.

Kelly's team should be obvious (DeSz and Cami) but with 2 country artists, she does risk someone (esp. Tanner) taking a spot. Hopefully Tanner and Madeline split votes.

Carter and Payge made it.  That's all I care about.

But noooooooo!  Gwen eliminated Ryan?!  That's a shock!

I imagine that the Ben steal was to have some country on her team for the country audience.  If not, just easy vote-off fodder for the Playoffs.  Otherwise, I can't see why she'd steal him.

3 minutes ago, antikid said:

Blake's got too much country though, especially if Taryn win the 4-way, it's gonna be rough

With Kelly having two and John/Gwen each one

This season turned out to be very country heavy

The season is about 45% country, 45% R&B, 10% other. The bad side is the country is subpar this season while the R&B appears to be phenomenal.

• Like 2

Just now, Rodney said:

Carter and Payge made it.  That's all I care about.

But noooooooo!  Gwen eliminated Ryan?!  That's a shock!

I imagine that the Ben steal was to have some country on her team for the country audience.  If not, just easy vote-off fodder for the Playoffs.  Otherwise, I can't see why she'd steal him.

Gwen apparently said that she stole him to have a “country moment” or something.

Each coach has at least 1 country artist so we could hypothetically get 4 country PV in playoffs lol

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Gwen apparently said that she stole him to have a “country moment” or something.

Each coach has at least 1 country artist so we could hypothetically get 4 country PV in playoffs lol

Do we know anything about playoffs?

35 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Ok scratch that, I'll do a basic summary now but give the specifics tomorrow based on what I've heard.

-Tamara and Casme both did great. Tamara brought the house down.

-DeSz and Sid both NAILED it. DeSz apparently keeps topping each performance.

-Carter and Chloe were very even and Chloe shocked everyone with how good she did. Apparently a very justified steal.

-WTW was overall good, every source complained about Gwen stealing Ben

-Tanner and Marisa were bizarre. All the coaches preferred Marisa but neither was perfect. Marisa's reaction to getting eliminated was apparently weird. She did a "dagger to the heart" thing with Kelly and said she was heartbroken.

-Cami and John - per one source "is probably one of the best KO pairings ever"

-Jim/JusJon was an easy decision

-Payge - John called her performance one of the best he's seen in all his years on the show. Ryan was also good

-Bailey and Lauren were pretty even, but Lauren was more flawed I guess?

-Joseph and Van both tanked. Got lots of criticism for both

-Ian/James - okay on both, James was mad he lost

-Madeline/Kelsie - both were okay, Kelsie got more critical feedback but the coaches were split.

-All 4-way KO participants were very good!

Someone, who's the one for whom you were rooting, but bombed the song you like so much?

Just now, Rodney said:

Someone, who's the one for whom you were rooting, but bombed the song you like so much?

Van. I’m a massive fan of The Killers and Human is one of my favorite songs of all time. I was so disappointed to read that he didn’t do well and even Gwen was super critical.

14 seasons without a song by The Killers but hey... at least there’s still access to their catalogue?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Van. I’m a massive fan of The Killers and Human is one of my favorite songs of all time. I was so disappointed to read that he didn’t do well and even Gwen was super critical.

It wouldn't surprise me if Joseph vs. Van gets the Knockout montage since it sounds like they were both bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rhapsody99 said:

Knockouts are airing on 11/17, 11/23, and 11/24 so Playoffs should be on 11/30 and 12/1.

Blinds for Season 20 are supposed to tape next month.

Thanks, I wish they did one extra week this year, so we could get the finale on December 21

Well, assuming that the Playoffs will work the same way this season as they did last season (top vote-getter for each team gets voted through, then the coach picks the second person) . . . I'm worried.

Kelly has her obvious top two in DeSz and Cami.  But with country music fans making up the bulk of the audience, Tanner and/or Madeleine could easily gum up the works.  In that case, if one of them gets voted through, I would have to hope for Kelly to choose DeSz.  But we know that her decision-making at this stage is hit-or-miss.  (Kymberli, Jej, and Megan were great choices.  D.R. and Shane were not.)

Gwen also has her top two in Payge and Carter.  But Ben could screw things up if he does have a "country moment."  In that case, I'd want her to pick one of Payge or Carter.  Or both, if one of them gets voted through instead.  But in exactly all four seasons she's completed, her choices have sucked.  (Ryan sucked and shouldn't have tasted the top twelve.  Korin was better, but she shouldn't have gotten there, either.  Troy did great in the Playoffs, but she should've known that America wasn't feeling him, and it must be noted that Gwen really only put him through because Alicia basically told her to.  And Myracle, while good, when Jake and Kyndal were both right there?!  Seriously, Gwen?!)

John should have John and probably Tamara as his easy top two.  But Bailey could mess that up.  But on the off chance that Bailey doesn't make it and one of John or Tamara does, I don't trust him not to put the other one through.

Blake has so much country on his team, and I think that the public vote and his own choice will pretty much be all country.  He really runs of the risk of having too much country on his team.

Edited by Rodney

1 minute ago, antikid said:

Thanks, I wish they did one extra week this year, so we could get the finale on December 21

Lives are three weeks long like last season, so unfortunately that's not going to happen. I doubt many would be thrilled to work that close to Christmas. There's a lot of talent on this season it's going to be sad to see a lot of people go home each week of lives.

1 minute ago, French20 said:

usher mega mentor of S19? hm, he was a mentor for season 17, so in my opinion he will be a coach for S20 

That would make sense since John is promoting his new album....which maybe means he will be on tour  during S20. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We shall see....

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

14 seasons without a song by The Killers but hey... at least there’s still access to their catalogue?

We can still probably get I'm throwing CAUUUUUTION

I mean it was a pretty big alternative hit this year.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

My predictions for the live playoffs

Team Blake: Jim Ranger(PV), WTW(CS), Sid Kingsley(WC)

Team John: This can go either way it's 50/50 between John and Tamara( Though I am rooting for John to get the PV), Bailey Ray(WC)

Team Kelly: Cami Clune(PV), DeSz(CS), Tanner Gomez(WC), 

Team Gwen: Carter Rubin(PV), Payge Turner(CS), Ben Allen(WC)

Wild Card Winner = Sid Kingsley

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

WOW!!! That's a great song choice by John that song really showcase his true vocal power

While it's not hard to believe that he did do well with the song, I just think he should avoid the overdone diva songs lane as much as possible to have a real shot to go far