Jump to content

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates


Someone648

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

 

He’s like country rock. His battle was pretty good, he has a really big range and he can SING! I might actually root for him 

I know everyone´s comparing him to Todd because he´s a pastor, but his voice actually gives me Jon Mullins vibes, who, ironically was Todd´s battle opponent.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

I am so excited to see who’s Kelly and John’s top 3. IMO they have the strongest teams

im predicting Tamara, John H and Cami for Legend

 

Kelsie, Desz and Sid for Kelly

Agree with all this, also, how are the playoffs gonna be this season? I don't know if this was discussed before or if we have any confirmation or even hint

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I know everyone´s comparing him to Todd because he´s a pastor, but his voice actually gives me Jon Mullins vibes, who, ironically was Todd´s battle opponent.

 

He sounds like a Christian Contemporary Music (CCM) artist. He's essentially Todd Tilghman with Jon Mullins's vocal quality. And like Todd, he's being pushed in a country direction by the producers. But both Jim and Todd are clearly not country artists. Well, Todd isn't at least, I haven't digged deep enough in Jim's music career yet.

 

I wonder if they're gonna play up Jim's pastor background like they did for Todd.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

I havent paid attention to any of this because I kinda figured this upcoming seaso would be a train wreck like the last season was. Is there anyone worth paying attention to that I might wanna check out?

To me there is plenty of talent and IDF has been wild this season so generally, there is a lot of talent, but idk to u specifically cuz I don't know your musical taste but you seem to like country-adjacent female artists

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

I havent paid attention to any of this because I kinda figured this upcoming seaso would be a train wreck like the last season was. Is there anyone worth paying attention to that I might wanna check out?

If I had to guess based on the favorites you have listed on your profile, I'd suggest checking out Kelsie Watts, Bailey Rae, Cami Clune, and maybe Madeline Consoer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

If I had to guess based on the favorites you have listed on your profile, I'd suggest checking out Kelsie Watts, Bailey Rae, Cami Clune, and maybe Madeline Consoer.

Ehh they are gonna have to do better than the covers I checked out to maintain my attention.

Edited by QueenKalie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

I think this is Kelly’s best team yet, since S15. She has a really diverse team with pop singers, country, powerhouses, opera, bilingual singers, etc

Obviously we haven't seen this season yet but of those we have seen S16 was definitely her best, I'm talking only about post-blinds though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, antikid said:

Obviously we haven't seen this season yet but of those we have seen S16 was definitely her best, I'm talking only about post-blinds though

Weird bc that was the only season she didn’t have an artist in the finale. Season 14 was probably her worst, Brynn was her only hope 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

I think this is Kelly’s best team yet, since S15. She has a really diverse team with pop singers, country, powerhouses, opera, bilingual singers, etc


On the surface, it doesn’t look very strong at all, but like I said yesterday, they haven’t even aired an episode yet. You seem to putting most of your hopes behind Desz. There are a lot of divas this season, and they tend to struggle with votes. 
 

The opera and bilingual singers don’t typically fare well. Tanner will have to battle Blake’s male country singers. It looks like a tough road to the finale to me, but maybe they’ll do the one finalist per coach thing again. 😉

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, antikid said:

Kelly and John being #TeamGwen I love it haha!

How kind of them to help out the less fortunate coach (in terms of wins) on their way to thwarting Blake, haha. If the alliance works anything like the alliance she set up with Nick last season it will be non-existent, he ended up going after all the contestants she wanted and even blocked her. The first half of the alliance is something they do naturally anyway though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ashwinner said:

me gustan estas conjeturas, para agregar (algunas de estas son similares a lo que otros han dicho):

Tamara y Desz probablemente no cerrarán dos veces seguidas. Esperaría que los espaciaran. Creo que Desz podría ir al tercer episodio. 

 

Para agregar, creo que WTW abrirá el último episodio, John H. abrirá el primer episodio y algún campesino (oops, no sé ninguna porque no me importó investigarlos [¿tal vez Sid? IDK qué género que es]) abrirá otro episodio.

 

Esto es realmente fuera de tema, pero ¿Cedrice habría sido un turno de 4 sillas? Siento que probablemente se habría limitado a 3 sillas, pero realmente no lo he pensado mucho. No sé si Blake se volvería por ella, ¿qué piensan los demás?

saaaaaame

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

How kind of them to help out the less fortunate coach (in terms of wins) on their way to thwarting Blake, haha. If the alliance works anything like the alliance she set up with Nick last season it will be non-existent, he ended up going after all the contestants she wanted and even blocked her. The first half of the alliance is something they do naturally anyway though.

Kelly again only being focused on Blake, how fun again this season.  Whee.... 

Please, TPTB, force them to fight among each other.  It so much better that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There´s a high chance I´m gonna be wrong, but here we go:

 

I think Jim can win, a lot of people are saying he won´t because we´ve had two country leaning singers win back to back, but the possibility still remains. He is a great vocalist, and apparently his performances so far have been really good. Not to mention he does have kind of a rock vibe, which he could use to his advantage since Minivan enjoys rock too. Not to mention, it will be difficult to bus him, if they try to do so, he´s strong.

 

What Desz has in her favor is the fact that she´s like a Toneisha in the sense that she doesn´t always go for powerful notes to the point of screaming, she has a lot of control and knows how to unleash her power when its neccesary based of what i´ve seen in her IG. I think she´s better than Toneisha, and people liked her a lot last season, so it could work for her. I think she´ll definitely be in the finale, wheather she wins is another case.

 

I´m starting to think that John H. might actually become John´s frontrunner throughout the season, just because I have a hunch that people are gonna prefer Desz to Tamara, because, unlike country artists, they´re not gonna vote for two divas at the same time. Not to mention John has an incredible range and is clearly a fantastic vocalist who could easily win over a lot of the public.

 

Payge is an interesting contestant but her biggest threat on her own team is Carter, who apparently is very solid and Minivan will be behind him I presume. He might actually be Gwen´s weapon this season.

 

I really hope they don´t do the one finalist per coach thing again, it really is unfair.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

There´s a high chance I´m gonna be wrong, but here we go:

 

I think Jim can win, a lot of people are saying he won´t because we´ve had two country leaning singers win back to back, but the possibility still remains. He is a great vocalist, and apparently his performances so far have been really good. Not to mention he does have kind of a rock vibe, which he could use to his advantage since Minivan enjoys rock too. Not to mention, it will be difficult to bus him, if they try to do so, he´s strong.

 

What Desz has in her favor is the fact that she´s like a Toneisha in the sense that she doesn´t always go for powerful notes to the point of screaming, she has a lot of control and knows how to unleash her power when its neccesary based of what i´ve seen in her IG. I think she´s better than Toneisha, and people liked her a lot last season, so it could work for her. I think she´ll definitely be in the finale, wheather she wins is another case.

 

I´m starting to think that John H. might actually become John´s frontrunner throughout the season, just because I have a hunch that people are gonna prefer Desz to Tamara, because, unlike country artists, they´re not gonna vote for two divas at the same time. Not to mention John has an incredible range and is clearly a fantastic vocalist who could easily win over a lot of the public.

 

Payge is an interesting contestant but her biggest threat on her own team is Carter, who apparently is very solid and Minivan will be behind him I presume. He might actually be Gwen´s weapon this season.

 

I really hope they don´t do the one finalist per coach thing again, it really is unfair.

I'm gonna agree with these two parts. DeSz and Tamara are both big vocalists, but DeSz seems like more traditional R&B while Tamara might lean into more contemporary/infused with pop, and I think the more traditional R&B stuff resonates a bit more with the general public. We can see the difference in song choice alone (Toni Braxton/Labelle vs. Lizzo/H.E.R.)

 

With that in mind, I agree that John might be John's frontrunner and a potential winner if he can show that he's more than just a fantastic countertenor.

 

Hopefully the spoilers give us good news today!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I think Jim can win, a lot of people are saying he won´t because we´ve had two country leaning singers win back to back, but the possibility still remains. He is a great vocalist, and apparently his performances so far have been really good. Not to mention he does have kind of a rock vibe, which he could use to his advantage since Minivan enjoys rock too. Not to mention, it will be difficult to bus him, if they try to do so, he´s strong.

 

I'm  starting to think that John H. might actually become John´s frontrunner throughout the season, just because I have a hunch that people are gonna prefer Desz to Tamara, because, unlike country artists, they´re not gonna vote for two divas at the same time. Not to mention John has an incredible range and is clearly a fantastic vocalist who could easily win over a lot of the public.

100% Agreed

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...