Just now, VintageVoice said:

That post said they were excluding the winners, so Craig's left out because he won (same with Danielle in S4 and Chevel in S15).

Oh, my bad.

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Contestant: *demonstrates some form of love or affection for their wife or children*   Y'all:  

Posted Images

i think i realized why I don't like the last few current lineups..  Outside of Blake/Kelly, the other coaches really don't get into it.  Kelly doesn't really fight with John/Nick/Gwen, directing 90% of her comments to Blake.  If she is the energy leader, she needs to be spread out.  As it is right now, the other two coaches can seem interchangeable.  Blake will at least direct stuff towards Gwen, but John kind of sits out.  I realized the seasons I really liked the Adam/Xtina, Gwen/Pharrell, Miley/Alicia, Blake/CeeLo, dynamics.  All of the coaches need to be interacting pretty equally.

Edited by LilBrooklyn18
  • Like 3
36 minutes ago, LilBrooklyn18 said:

Adam/Xtina, Gwen/Pharrell, Miley/Alicia, Blake/CeeLo, dynamics.  All of the coaches need to be interacting pretty equally

Preach! I love their dynamics as well. I also somehow love the duo of Kelly and JHud. 

On a side note, I really miss Christina on the show, I really love her. Kelly's superb though, but I miss those good old days with the original line up

• Like 3
1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

But for me, we are talking about MEDIOCRE country singers here, they just sound the SAME (for example is Craig on S7). 

But just to be clear, only Craig Wayne Boyd is the country winner of The Voice that is so undeserving

Then again it's your opinion and based on your preference, if you ask me I would say Craig Wayne Boyd is THE BEST country singer that has ever been on the show(I like Todd more but he isn't country). Also the ones which you're saying are MEDIOCRE are really liked by me (and the main audience hence getting all the votes).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're  saying  the majority of country finalists were UNDESERVING, As I've mentioned before there are only 12 Country artists which made it to the finale (not including winners) I think all of those 12 country singers deserved to be in the finale. You guys mostly talk about Gyth/Dexter/Andrew but lol Dexter gave the best performance of the night after Maelyn, Andrew earned his spot by outsinging Shawn and Rod in the IS, Gyth was really loved by the voice voters and he was amazing in his audition/battle/CB/PO/Top 13 so even if he had an off night on the Semi finals people still voted for him cz of his previous performances just like they voted for Chloe in the finale(she also had an off night but people thought she deserved to win based on her other performances.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day it comes down to TASTE I love some that you don't and you love some that I don't

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Preach! I love their dynamics as well. I also somehow love the duo of Kelly and JHud. 

On a side note, I really miss Christina on the show, I really love her. Kelly's superb though, but I miss those good old days with the original line up

What's funny is I liked Blake/Jhud way more than Kelly/Jhud.  i think I would like Kelly better if she didn't direct everything to Blake.  Maybe the show did it to try to cover for Adam/Blake's bromance, but even in the blinds this year, most of Kelly's banter is with Blake

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Then again it's your opinion and based on your preference, if you ask me I would say Craig Wayne Boyd is THE BEST country singer that has ever been on the show(I like Todd more but he isn't country). Also the ones which you're saying are MEDIOCRE are really liked by me (and the main audience hence getting all the votes).

You're  saying  the majority of country finalists were UNDESERVING, As I've mentioned before there are only 12 Country artists which made it to the finale (not including winners) I think all of those 12 country singers deserved to be in the finale. You guys mostly talk about Gyth/Dexter/Andrew but lol Dexter gave the best performance of the night after Maelyn, Andrew earned his spot by outsinging Shawn and Rod in the IS, Gyth was really loved by the voice voters and he was amazing in his audition/battle/CB/PO/Top 13 so even if he had an off night on the Semi finals people still voted for him cz of his previous performances just like they voted for Chloe in the finale(she also had an off night but people thought she deserved to win based on her other performances.)

At the end of the day it comes down to TASTE I love some that you don't and you love some that I don't

I see where you're coming from. The country singers that have made it to the finale aren't really bad or even mediocre. They all are pretty good. I think some people is angry because, while these country singers are very good, there are singers in the competition that could be easily considered better vocalists, for example, Ali Caldwell killed it with her performance of Sledgehammer and still lost to Josh, and yeah, his performance, was also very good, but it was very underwhelming in comparison to Ali's, and that just shows that people tend to vote for the style of music they like (which is mostly country for the main audience of the show) instead of voting for the better or more interesting vocalist, which is understanable, but in long term, is frustating for the part of the audience that tends to prefer other genres and styles of music.

• Like 4

they released the coaches for season 18 Coaches October 7th and they shot the season the week of October 21st. So that’s two weeks before the taping. So we can expect season 20 coaches to be announced two weeks before they shoot which would be the week of October 5-9 or October 12-16

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

they released the coaches for season 18 Coaches October 7th and they shot the season the week of October 21st. So that’s two weeks before the taping. So we can expect season 20 coaches to be announced two weeks before they shoot which would be the week of October 5-9 or October 12-16

Also I remember you saying something about Key Art, last season they released the Key Art a month before, January 24th, so I think your prediction is right and Saturday we will get it because it is the 19th.

7 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Also I remember you saying something about Key Art, last season they released the Key Art a month before, January 24th, so I think your prediction is right and Saturday we will get it because it is the 19th.

They don’t usually release stuff on Saturday’s so I think it’ll be released either later today or tomorrow.sometimes they release it the Friday closets to the month away mark which is tomorrow.

I just realized something... on every 2 hour episode they always air a female who gets either a 4 chair turn or 3 chair turn or someone who makes it too knockouts or even past they always are the  5th 6th or 7th artist that gets a chair turn which is really interesting 🤔. Like last season it was Megan Danielle, Samantha Howell, Zan Fiskum and Mandi Castillo. While at season 17 it was Kat Hammock, MaryBeth Byrd, and Lauren Hall. I’m like pretty intriguing on why they do that and who they will put in season 19?! 

Edited by VoiceTakeover890

BTW For all of those saying season 14 is like season 19... 

Team Kelly is like Team Kelly 

Team John is like Team Alicia

Team Blake is like Team Blake

Team Gwen is like Team Adam. 

Also with the artists...

Tamara Jade- Tish Haynes Keys(Will make it farther tho prob Semi Finals) 

DesZ- Kyla Jade(FINALE, Same Genres)

John Holliday- Terrence Cunningham(Better singer then Terrence tho)  
Carter Rubin- Male version of Brynn Cartelli but won’t win the show... maybe... 

Liam Saint John- Prior Bryd /Drew Cole Mix. 
Sid Kingsley- WILKES but kind of better. 

Edited by VoiceTakeover890
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, LilBrooklyn18 said:

What's funny is I liked Blake/Jhud way more than Kelly/Jhud.  i think I would like Kelly better if she didn't direct everything to Blake.  Maybe the show did it to try to cover for Adam/Blake's bromance, but even in the blinds this year, most of Kelly's banter is with Blake

I think part of that is a comfort level between the two. They've known each other as actual friends for so long that they know what buttons to push and where the line is with each other, they really are like siblings. It's just different from other combos which also work but in different ways. 

I'm using this as an excuse to post my favorite exchange between the 2 from last year. 😂 (go to 2:49 if it doesn't automatically)

21 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

BTW For all of those saying season 14 is like season 19... 

Team Kelly is like Team Kelly 

Team John is like Team Alicia

Team Blake is like Team Blake

Team Gwen is like Team Adam. 

Also with the artists...

Tamara Jade- Tish Haynes Keys(Will make it farther tho prob Semi Finals) 

DesZ- Kyla Jade(FINALE, Same Genres)

John Holliday- Terrence Cunningham(Better singer then Terrence tho)  
Carter Rubin- Male version of Brynn Cartelli but won’t win the show... maybe... 

Liam Saint John- Prior Bryd /Drew Cole Mix. 
Sid Kingsley- WILKES but kind of better. 

I would compare Desz more like Toneisha than Kyla.

26 minutes ago, roundtown said:

I think part of that is a comfort level between the two. They've known each other as actual friends for so long that they know what buttons to push and where the line is with each other, they really are like siblings. It's just different from other combos which also work but in different ways. 

I'm using this as an excuse to post my favorite exchange between the 2 from last year. 😂 (go to 2:49 if it doesn't automatically)

i get it, but it acts as exclusionary and almost competitive.  If she only deals with Blake, its putting the other coaches at a lower level and leads to an unbalanced panel.  

Since this show is so dominated by the judges, it works better when its more balanced

1 hour ago, LilBrooklyn18 said:

i get it, but it acts as exclusionary and almost competitive.  If she only deals with Blake, its putting the other coaches at a lower level and leads to an unbalanced panel.  

Since this show is so dominated by the judges, it works better when its more balanced

Eh, it's not fair to expect Kelly and John to have the same level of banter if they're simply not as close. They wouldn't know what boundaries to/not to cross, like Kelly/Blake and Blake/Adam seemed to know. John also seems a lot more reserved as a coach on the show, so Kelly roasting him won't elicit as good a comeback/response as with Blake. I think in general we can't expect that all the coaches will have the same type and same intensity of interaction with one another.

1 hour ago, LilBrooklyn18 said:

I don’t know, Adam was pretty sullen and. Frustrated especially the last two years.  I don’t remember much Adam/Kelly  interactions that way.   

I agree with you he was acting like a sullen jerk. Good riddance, I doubt he'd want to ever come back and I hope he never does, he was miserable since at least Season 14. Adam was also very hypocritical giving Kelly a hard time about talking too much when he talked just as much as her, I know I was there at multiple tapings.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

I just realized that Adam hasn’t turned for any of the new force powerhouse divas... he didn’t turn for Janice, Kyla, Kymberli, and Rizzi. The only powerhouse he turned for was Tish Haynes Keyes who he let go in the battles.

I think he isn't really that type that likes powerhouses divas, although he really liked Amanda Brown on S3. He was into a more rock, pop, ( and sometimes country if he likes to fight with Blake 😂).

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

People are starting to get their tickets approved for Knockouts

Hoping Taryn has a good song if someone can watch the taping!

If not then rip this season for me lol. Although I think I'll find more progressive talents as we go on like Megan last season.

• Like 1