idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

12 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

IMO i think this season's talent is slightly better but that's just my opinion, season 14 was talented but kinda underwhelming because it came after the legendary season 13 (IMO no season ever came close to s13 so far, s18 was the closest but still not the same level for me)

I don't know why but I don't find s13 as special as S5,9 and 18. Maybe you guys prefer s13 cz it was #TEAM WAFFLE dominated.

• Confused 2

Just now, Sid Dean said:

I don't think they montaged three battles of team Blake.

I figured that the Ian vs Aaron, Ben vs Sam, and JusJon vs Peyton don't really seem that interesting based on song choices and the fact that the sources didnt even bother to get feedback. Same with Madeline vs Eli from Team Kelly. And Chloe vs Lain from Team Gwen was apparently really bad, so I'm counting that one in as well. 

Given how strong John's team is, and that his apparently only weak battle ended in a steal, I dont think any of his battles will be montaged, I could be wrong though.

12 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I figured that the Ian vs Aaron, Ben vs Sam, and JusJon vs Peyton don't really seem that interesting based on song choices and the fact that the sources didnt even bother to get feedback. Same with Madeline vs Eli from Team Kelly. And Chloe vs Lain from Team Gwen was apparently really bad, so I'm counting that one in as well. 

Given how strong John's team is, and that his apparently only weak battle ended in a steal, I dont think any of his battles will be montaged, I could be wrong though.

They care more about coaches lmao

Just now, antikid said:

They care more about coaches lmao

Then it depends on which coach they want to pimp this season. We always say its gonna be Gwen every season she's returning, yet TPTB doesnt care.

32 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Then it depends on which coach they want to pimp this season. We always say its gonna be Gwen every season she's returning, yet TPTB doesnt care.

TPTB don’t care because Gwen doesn’t care. She’s not naturally competitive like Adam or Kelly, she’s not trying to leave the show without the humiliation of never winning like Xtina. She’s perfectly happy to wear quirky outfits and get paid to hang out with “Blakey”.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Zainab Tufail said:

I don't know why but I don't find s13 as special as S5,9 and 18. Maybe you guys prefer s13 cz it was #TEAM WAFFLE dominated.

Idk what's team waffle lol, i'm not an OG fan, I started watching the show on Season 13 so maybe that's why it's closer to my heart, the oldest season I watched was 10 which i watched after becoming a fan on S13

Just now, moonlighty said:

I started watching the show on Season 13 so maybe that's why it's closer to my heart, the oldest season I watched was 10 which i watched after becoming a fan on S13

Oh that makes sense

41 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Idk what's team waffle lol, i'm not an OG fan, I started watching the show on Season 13 so maybe that's why it's closer to my heart, the oldest season I watched was 10 which i watched after becoming a fan on S13

Team Waffle = Female

Team Sausage = Male

Edited by David68

38 minutes ago, David68 said:

Team Waffle = Female

Team Sausage = Male

Okay, I understand "sausage", but why "waffle?"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Minhtam said:

Okay, I understand "sausage", but why "waffle?"

Yeah, me neither.

3 minutes ago, antikid said:

It's unavailable for me?

Other than the very brief glance at Sid, the only thing you missed was John doodling on cardboard-cutout Blake's face, so don't sweat it.

EDIT: Rewatched it on half-speed. There's one other artist right about the 7 second mark, I think it's a guy in a white shirt - the camera moved too fast so I couldn't ID them, unfortunately.

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

image.png.75456bfe03b057feb5daad629bb2b5c4.png

John Holiday?

I thought it was him too, but John Holiday looks bigger on his pics on ig.

edit: nvm that’s probably him because he looks about that size in his recent pics

Edited by jus.vshn
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, antikid said:

It's unavailable for me?

That happened to my friend that I shared with. Here is another link worked for my friends. 

Knockout Pairups Speculation - I put who I'd pick as winners on the left, but do yourself a favor and assume I'm wrong on most of those (since I'm terrible at guessing who the coaches will advance this go-around). Spoiler tagged it because it got long.

Team Kelly:

Desz vs. Marissa - Both are powerhouses, but I think Desz has potential to last a bit longer in the competition.

Sid vs. Tanner - Both had country-based battles and Tanner could be a Kaleb Lee 2.0 (not a bad thing per se considering Kaleb did make the semis) but Sid's more interesting tonally.

Kelsie vs. Madeline - Kelsie's done well with Kelly and Demi songs, which shows she's got a lot of range, but Madeline doing Maren followed by a song where Xtina is the female voice suggests she's got more versatility genre-wise. Probably the most even of these matchups, but I lean just a hair more towards Kelsie if I'm correct on this KO pairing.

Alternate matchups: Desz vs. Kelsie and Marissa vs. Madeline; I'm pretty confident on Sid vs. Tanner but we'll see.

Team Gwen:

Carter vs. Ryan - This could go either way, but of the options on Team Gwen this is one I see making sense for some reason I can't explain.

Payge vs. Chloe - I know they're different genres, but considering Chloe was supposed to be battle fodder and the Chloe vs. Lain matchup in the battles was rough according to the spoilers, this seems like an easier path to getting Payge a win.

Van vs. Joseph - It's an "odd duck" pairing but somebody's gotta have one. Though Gwen tends to favor her OG team to an extent, I think that having Joseph go against Van over Ryan or Carter would be a safer route to get Carter into the lives - and Van seems like he's pretty up Gwen's alley musically which is why I have him winning in this pair-up. 

Alternate matchups: Joseph vs. Chloe, Payge vs. Van, Van vs. Ryan, Carter vs. Joseph; Gwen has a lot of ways to pair her team up, tbh, so I just picked the three of them that would give her a similar vibe to a team she's taken past the playoffs before.

Team Legend:

Tamara vs. John - If this doesn't happen, I'll be shocked; if this happens and neither gets stolen, I'll be even more shocked. Both are great but unless we go for a real lopsided KO, this is the only matchup within Team Legend that makes sense to me for either of these two.

Cami vs. Lauren - Both have indie-folk-rock-ish vibes, both are singer-songwriter types, and both are younger female artists. The only reason I expect Cami to take this is because Lauren was John's battle steal. 

Casme vs. Bailey - Again, an "odd duck" pairing, but both the other matchups on Team Legend seem nearly-certain to me so there's not much of an alternative here. Though I think seeing what John does with Bailey would be more interesting (and the fact that Bailey managed to beat out Sid intrigues me), I don't see John picking her over a genre/style he's more familiar with.

Alternate matchups: Bailey vs. Lauren, Bailey vs. Cami, Casme vs. Lauren, Casme vs. Cami; I really doubt Tamara vs. John being messed with, and tbh Team Legend I'm fairly certain on all three pairings - but I've been wrong before. Side note: don't be shocked if any pairing listed as non-alternates ends with a KO steal. Team Legend don't f*** around, y'all.

Team Blake: 

Jim vs. Ian - Ian's gonna be a sacrificial lamb to Jim, WTW or Ben, and Jim's the clearest-cut front-runner of Team Blake. 

WTW vs. Ben - If their harmonies stay solid, WTW should take this; if they falter, it should go to Ben. I'd prefer a Jim vs. WTW matchup, but I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

James vs. JusJon - the two non-country acts on the team, so it makes the most sense to put them together. Considering James is apparently a judge favorite, I could see him taking a surprising win - only surprising given that Blake near-always picks his OG members; if James doesn't win, I'm betting he gets stolen.

Alternate matchups: WTW vs. Ian, Jim vs. Ben, Ben vs. Ian, Jim vs. WTW. I really don't see the last two happening, though.

42 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I thought it was him too, but John Holiday looks bigger on his pics on ig.

edit: nvm that’s probably him because he looks about that size in his recent pics

I suspected it was John Holiday but I wasn't 100% on that ID.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:13 AM, AngelaKD said:

TPTB don’t care because Gwen doesn’t care. She’s not naturally competitive like Adam or Kelly, she’s not trying to leave the show without the humiliation of never winning like Xtina. She’s perfectly happy to wear quirky outfits and get paid to hang out with “Blakey”.

honestly i don't think this is a bad thing (not to say that you implied that), i really liked that Gwen is so relaxed about things. Although some viewers may not like her, leading to her team not winning, she seems really cool to me 🙂

regarding the thing someone said earlier about a deserving singer not from Team Gwen get into the finale, whether or not her team is strong right now, I think there will be steals in this season's KOs, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gwen got one of the better ones (possible the loser of Tamara vs. John if that occurs?)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

honestly i don't think this is a bad thing (not to say that you implied that), i really liked that Gwen is so relaxed about things. Although some viewers may not like her, leading to her team not winning, she seems really cool to me 🙂

regarding the thing someone said earlier about a deserving singer not from Team Gwen get into the finale, whether or not her team is strong right now, I think there will be steals in this season's KOs, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gwen got one of the better ones (possible the loser of Tamara vs. John if that occurs?)

I think it’s important for us to keep in mind that only a small minority of the contestants actually want to win. Winning the Voice in 2020 is a trip to nowheresville for a commercially viable winner. They almost literally drop off the face of the earth. 

So getting to the semi-final without being montaged is probably a good deal for most of the singers.

• Like 2

Just now, AngelaKD said:

I think it’s important for us to keep in mind that only a small minority of the contestants actually want to win. Winning the Voice in 2020 is a trip to nowheresville for a commercially viable singer. They almost literally drop off the face of the earth. 

So getting to the semi-final without being montaged is probably a good deal for most of the singers.

Sorry, double post.

Edited by AngelaKD

18 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i would not be upset to see Payge in the finals for Gwen.  I keep seeing the idea John has a strong team, but Lauren could be one of his final three, and I really like her, but Payge definitely won that battle.

• Like 2