idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Here's a crackpot theory:

It's no secret that the show has been trying to get a female AA singer to win for a long time. In the current climate America is in right now, TPTB is now more determined than ever to make that happen. After seeing the AIS18 winner Just Sam clinching the title last year, TPTB took cues from them and started looking for a similar artist to cast for the season. Enter Payge Turner. Unfortunately, she made the mistake of choosing Gwen as her coach, so it's up to TPTB to not drop the ball on Payge, and if they play their cards right, they can kill two birds with one stone and finally get Gwen her first win. And if that doesn't work out, they have two spare AA divas to push for. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

It's no secret that the show has been trying to get a female AA singer to win for a long time. In the current climate America is in right now, TPTB is now more determined than ever to make that happen. After seeing the AIS18 winner Just Sam clinching the title last year, TPTB took cues from them and started looking for a similar artist to cast for the season. Enter Payge Turner. Unfortunately, she made the mistake of choosing Gwen as her coach, so it's up to TPTB to not drop the ball on Payge, and if they play their cards right, they can kill two birds with one stone and finally get Gwen her first win. And if that doesn't work out, they have two spare AA divas to push for. 

Having Toneisha Harris in a Runner-up position last season is a good start plus TPTB pimped Rose Short a couple of seasons ago. This might be a perfect season of hitting two birds in one stone.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Misirlou said:

You would think that Blakers would actually like her considering she makes him happy, but apparently that´s not the case.

Whatever they have against Gwen is their problem, not hers.  I'm glad she doesn't listen to the haters with nothing better to do with their time than whine and complain about her.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Her choices were Gwen or Blake and Blake would have no clue what to do with her, whereas Gwen will carry AA/indie females to the end.   I didn't see Rose getting as much pimping as others have, mainly because I thought Rose was so good, she deserved her accolades, rather than just given to her for an agenda.  

• Like 2

My Favorites (as of right now)

Taryn Papa- Big, powerful country voice. The only person I would want to win from Team Blake. 

DeSz- She’s an amazing vocalist, so as long as she doesn’t oversing too much, I’ll stay a fan. 🙂

Kelsie Watts- Kelly’s dark horse. That vocal reel that was posted earlier was very impressive. 😄

Cami Clune- Probably my #1 favorite. I’m not too worried about her since she seems like a front runner. 😊

Honorable Mentions

Julia Cooper- I think I will like her if she delivers on her performances. She would be my pick for the four-way knockout if it wasn’t for Taryn. 😅

Marisa Corvo- I have a feeling that she’ll impress me with some of her performances on the show. 

Edited by Bk1234

14 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Cami Clune- Probably my #1 favorite. I’m not too worried about her since she seems like a front runner.

And I'm not worried about Jim cz he seems like a front runner as well. I hope the top four are Sid-Jim-John H-Cami/Carter. I also like Taryn and Worth The Wait but them making the Finale seems impossible to me

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

DeSz- She’s an amazing vocalist, so as long as she doesn’t oversing too much, I’ll stay a fan. 🙂

I really think she’ll be having the same journey as Toneisha. If not the same,very close

6 hours ago, Teraginn said:

The first 4 words are accurate.

I don’t think TPTB will pimp Payge as much as Desz or Tamara. And if Gwen steals someone good, that’s her frontrunner because her team is kinda weak and if she gets rid of Payge and/or Carter, she’s toast.

28 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The first 4 words are accurate.

CJxrEvl.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Theory crazy: Kelly dressed "elegant" for blinds. She's not win this season. Remember S16 y S18.

• Like 1

So here's some feedback I compiled from the battles (in order):

A lot of sources for taping 1, very few for 2 & 3 - each line refers to one source's opinion/feedback or at least some combo of multiple with the same feedback.

Taping One:

Bailey Rae vs. Sid Kingsley

-Sid was more interesting, but the source preferred BAiley

-surprised Bailey won

-Sid was more solid

-Bailey started pitchy, Sid "tried too hard"

DeSz vs. Joseph Soul

-Desz "destroyed" Joseph

-DeSz > Joseph, Joseph had nerves

-All the coaches picked DeSz

Worth the Wait vs. Taryn Papa

-Taryn > WTW; Mia (youngest) "carried WTW"

-"Very Good" with Blake comparing Mia to Danielle and Taryn to Cassadee

-Kelly and Blake apparently thought Taryn didn't show off her voice as much as she could have

-Kelly and Gwen chose Worth the Wait, John chose Taryn

Payge Turner vs. Lauren Frihauf

-Payge was "elegant, perfect" and Lauren was "at her level"

-"favorite battle by far"
-"both were emotional; Payge connected more"

-"really pretty"

-Kelly and Blake picked Payge, John said he couldn't pick between the two

Tamara Jade vs. Olivia Reyes

-"Tamara was pitchy but had potential, Olivia was more controlled"

-"equal, but Tamara was the obvious choice"

-Kelly and Blake picked Tamara

Marisa Corvo vs. Ryan Gallagher

-"Marisa ate him all the way up and left no crumbs"

-"Ryan was controlled, but Marisa was powerful and emotional and turned him into a background singer"

-"Marisa KILLED IT!"

-Coaches unanimously picked Marisa, but Kelly apparently still had a hard time choosing. What else is new?

Ian Flanigan vs. Aaron Scott

-"Pretty boring"

-coaches couldn't hear Aaron's identity, while Ian's was clear

-unanimously picked Ian

Taping Two:

Carter Rubin vs. Larriah Jackson

-"Even battle"

-Blake and John picked Larriah, but apparently said it was super close

-"Very strong by both"

John Holiday vs. Julia Cooper - SONG WAS SUMMER SOFT BY STEVIE WONDER

-John edged out Julia, but Julia did great

-Gwen and Blake picked John, Kelly picked Julia. John didn't hesitate at all to pick John.

Jim Ranger vs. John Sullivan - SONG WAS GOOD AS YOU BY KANE BROWN

-John did well and had nice moments, but Jim "won that hands down"

-Coaches unanimously picked Jim

Chloe Hogan vs. Lain Roy - SONG WAS ADORE YOU BY HARRY STYLES

-Blake and John pointed out several issues with Lain

-Gwen was torn; Chloe was better but not perfect

-"Lain was a mess... strained... weak for a lot... pitch was off..."

-song was pitched down 1-2 semi-tones, which was still too high for Lain but solid enough for Chloe"

-Blake said Lain "didn't meet expectations"

-John said Lain was "less under control, while Chloe exceeded expectations"

-Gwen pretty much admitted Lain was her #1 and Chloe was middle tier for her, but Chloe rose up to the occasion

-Song choice smh

Tanner Gomes vs. Skylar Mayton

-John loved it

-one of the sources didn't like this lol

-Not much feedback was provided for this one, other than Kelly took a long time as usual

Cami Clune vs. James Pyle

-Sources generally thought this was a good, even battle

-Kelly and Gwen said that they would've fought to steal James if they still had their steals.

Taping Three:

JusJon vs. Payton Lamar

-The coaches all agreed that JusJon was the winner

Van Andrew vs. Tori Miller

-The coaches all agreed that Van was the winner

Madeline Consoer vs. Eli Zamora

-A bizarre pairing with a bizarre song choice, but they did pretty well

-Coaches were split

-some of the song was sung in Spanish

Casme vs. Rio Souma

-"AMAZING"

-Kelly said Casme had the "full package" and was a "star"

-Apparently the coaches said it was their favorite battle

Ben Allen vs. Sam Stacy

-"Decent"

-That's it that's the feedback lol

Kelsie Watts vs. Emmalee

-"Kelsie KILLED it"

-Emmalee was good, but Kelsie was better

-John and Blake picked Emmalee

Ryan Berg vs. Liam St. John

-Good battle

-Liam had some killer notes but all the coaches chose Ryan (all expressed that they liked Liam!)

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 9

7 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

DeSz vs. Joseph Soul

-Desz "destroyed" Joseph

-DeSz > Joseph, Joseph had nerves

-All the coaches picked DeSz

7 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Tamara Jade vs. Olivia Reyes

-"Tamara was pitchy but had potential, Olivia was more controlled"

-"equal, but Tamara was the obvious choice"

-Kelly and Blake picked Tamara

From this, I can tell tht Desz will be the one to make it further than Tamara. Hopefully she gets her pitch situation covered before Knockouts.

and also poor Joseph😭 it reminds me of Toneisha and Cedrice lololol

2 minutes ago, CaptainOggy6320 said:

I haven't laugh so hard in a while. Poor dude.

I tried not to quote exactly but I had to leave that one in looool.

Ryan wasn't bad or anything according to the sources, just Marisa... you know... ate. :haha:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

From this, I can tell tht Desz will be the one to make it further than Tamara. Hopefully she gets her pitch situation covered before Knockouts.

and also poor Joseph😭 it reminds me of Toneisha and Cedrice lololol

I still think it's pretty even tbh, but DeSz has less competition on Team Kelly than Tamara does on Team John. DeSz got a good choice for her voice, and while I love Hard Place - that feels like an awkward choice for Tamara's voice, as far as I've heard her.

Edited by Someone648

I ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION -

A source from taping 3 mentioned something about John talking about Usher being the mega mentor.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I still think it's pretty even tbh, but DeSz has less competition on Team Kelly than Tamara does on Team John. DeSz got a good choice for her voice, and while I love Hard Place - that feels like an awkward choice for Tamara's voice, as far as I've heard her.

Hopefully she can make up a deliver a powerful performance in Knockouts lol. I think She had her breakout performance during the blinds lol. Desz still has her chance to breakout during Knockouts. Hopefully Kelly gives her a good song

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

A source from taping 3 mentioned something about John talking about Usher being the mega mentor.

Imagine Usher replacing John in season 20.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Hey @Someone648 who are each coache's fav Realityshownerd said Blake was most interested in Jim so in whom John, Kelly and Gwen are interested the most.

Just now, jus.vshn said:

Imagine Usher replacing John in season 20.

I'm all for it honestly

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Hey @Someone648 who are each coache's fav Realityshownerd said Blake was most interested in Jim so in whom John, Kelly and Gwen are interested the most.

The coaches generally don't outright state their favorite - I guess Gwen kind of broke that rule with Lain but whatever. :haha: