Jump to content
idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Didn't someone say that their Battle wasn't that great, either?  I think Chevel herself admitted it.

I think it was more of the fact that a 15 year old girl and a grown man were singing a romantic song as a duet, which perhaps made the battle awkward in itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

I hope Josh or Larriah win the 4 way KO. I personally want Josh because he’s like a better, male version of Mandi Thomas

 

Wait... who is Josh?? Are ya referring to Ryan?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Didn't someone say that their Battle wasn't that great, either?  I think Chevel herself admitted it.


No, she never said anything remotely close to that. She just said it was fun. And I don’t recall a single spoiler commenting on what they thought of the battle. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

I swear she made much better choices her last two seasons here (twelve and seventeen).  I don't know what is up with her this season.

As someone who agreed with all her choices I saw and disagreed with other coaches decisions,  I don’t understand this.  If Gwen had been the one matching up Taryn and letting her go to IS, you all would be calling for her head.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to say whether or not Gwen made good decisions unless you actually saw the battles. I'm just reporting what I was told - and what I was told was that in pretty much each case, the judges all chose the person that Gwen eventually selected in pretty much every case, so her decisions should probably be the least controversial? I get that a lot of fan favorites from Team Gwen were eliminated (Liam was my #1 this season, sadly - but Kelly, John, and Blake apparently all chose Ryan over him, Lain got criticism from the coaches, and Payge and Lauren definitely had breakout moments with their battle and Gwen picked Payge) but that doesn't mean her team's trash now. Y'all just haven't identified an early favorite on her team and that's fine.

I prefer her current KO lineup over Blake's easily, but that's just me lol. I can't say for certain whether my preference will hold up until next month when the show airs.

 

I'll compile everything and make a separate post hopefully tomorrow with specific feedback to give y'all some more insight. Taping 1 has A LOT of feedback/opinions to sort through (Thankfully! Shoutout to all the sources!) and just a couple for tapings 2 and 3.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Y'all just haven't identified an early favorite on her team and that's fine.

I prefer her current KO lineup over Blake's easily, but that's just me lol. I can't say for certain whether my preference will hold up until next month when the show airs.

I definitely think Gwen's team will be a breath of fresh air during the season. Other teams mostly have front-runners that aren't very current. I know it may not be a vote magnet and they all might crash and burn in the lives but definitely most unique

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

It's hard to say whether or not Gwen made good decisions unless you actually saw the battles. I'm just reporting what I was told - and what I was told was that in pretty much each case, the judges all chose the person that Gwen eventually selected in pretty much every case, so her decisions should probably be the least controversial? I get that a lot of fan favorites from Team Gwen were eliminated (Liam was my #1 this season, sadly - but Kelly, John, and Blake apparently all chose Ryan over him, Lain got criticism from the coaches, and Payge and Lauren definitely had breakout moments with their battle and Gwen picked Payge) but that doesn't mean her team's trash now. Y'all just haven't identified an early favorite on her team and that's fine.

You know what?  You're right.  After some time to calm down and think about it, maybe we're all sounding the bells of doom and gloom on Team Gwen a bit early.  Most of us still haven't actually seen them in action yet, or gotten a taste of the rest of the audience's feelings about them.  Who knows?  Maybe someone will emerge as a surprise frontrunner or dark horse without us realizing it.

 

I'm going to calm down about this for now and take a "wait and see" approach before I further chide Gwen for her choices.

 

1 hour ago, antikid said:

I definitely think Gwen's team will be a breath of fresh air during the season. Other teams mostly have front-runners that aren't very current. I know it may not be a vote magnet and they all might crash and burn in the lives but definitely most unique

That seems to be the case almost every time, isn't it?  Gwen has the unique artists who stand out, while we tend to the same type of artists over and over again on Kelly, John, and especially Blake's teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team John >>>>>>Team Blake>Team Kelly>>Team Gwen

John:  He has the best team I mean he has John H, Cami Clune, Tamara Jade, Lauren Firhauf etc .But I don't know how he will handle his team in the KO's.

Blake: He also have some great artists WTW can reach the SF or possibly Finale and Jim has the ability to win. I also like Taryn she cab also go far if she wins the 4-way KO.

Kelly: She has two obvious front-runners DeSz and Sid both of them have amazing voices and both can go to the finals.She also has dark horses(Kelsie watts and Tanner Gomez)

 

Gwen:  She only has one potential front-runner and that is Carter(payge is also great) but who knows maybe she will steal someone great from the KO's.

Edited by Zainab Tufail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Sid a lot but knowing Kelly I have a feeling he'll lose to Tanner in KOs

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, antikid said:

I like Sid a lot but knowing Kelly I have a feeling he'll lose to Tanner in KOs

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN Kelly take these types of decisions but then again she chose Kaleb Lee over Justin and Kaleb wasn't her original team member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, antikid said:

I like Sid a lot but knowing Kelly I have a feeling he'll lose to Tanner in KOs

 

I agree that Sid vs Tanner is a likely pairing for Kelly in the KOs. Which will be her token male for the season? If she's feeling strategic Tanner might be a no-brainer but hopefully Sid will have something to say about that.

 

Kelly has a history of taking her steals pretty far, but you can never really tell who she fancies in her team until you see the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys does anybody knows Jim's battle song and also can anyone tell how the coaches respond to his battle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to see Lain Roy go, but I had a feeling that he wouldn’t last too long... 🙁 Glad to see that Taryn, Cami, DeSz and Kelsie made it through though. 👍 I’m shocked Liam St. John went home this early. 😱

Edited by Bk1234
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

 

I agree that Sid vs Tanner is a likely pairing for Kelly in the KOs. Which will be her token male for the season? If she's feeling strategic Tanner might be a no-brainer but hopefully Sid will have something to say about that.

 

Kelly has a history of taking her steals pretty far, but you can never really tell who she fancies in her team until you see the show.

Very true, it really depends how she reacted to Sid's battle, maybe she stole him because she thought he was decent enough to make the next round or she legitimately wanted to work with him. I remember her going crazy over Kaleb Lee in the blinds and even singing to him so I understand why she took him far. On the other hand, she didn't even turn for Sid. Other than Kaleb, I don't remember Kelly pushing for any other steals that hard though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Sad to see Lain Roy go, but I had a feeling that he wouldn’t last too long... 🙁 Glad to see that Taryn, Cami, DeSz and Kelsie made it through though. 👍 I’m shocked Liam St. John went home this early. 😱

I'm also a little sad about Lain but Someone648 said Gwen stated that Lian was one of her personal favs in this season but he didn't live up to the expectations 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, antikid said:

Very true, it really depends how she reacted to Sid's battle, maybe she stole him because she thought he was decent enough to make the next round or she legitimately wanted to work with him. I remember her going crazy over Kaleb Lee in the blinds and even singing to him so I understand why she took him far. On the other hand, she didn't even turn for Sid. Other than Kaleb, I don't remember Kelly pushing for any other steals that hard though

 

Kelly didn't turn for Rod Stokes either and she took him pretty far.

 

I will say that Kelly choosing Tanner over Skylar surprised me a little consider how she likes potential in her contestants. I can only hope Tanner moving on was just a fluke, for Sid's sake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

 

Kelly didn't turn for Rod Stokes either and she took him pretty far.

 

I will say that Kelly choosing Tanner over Skylar surprised me a little consider how she likes potential in her contestants. I can only hope Tanner moving on was just a fluke, for Sid's sake.

I believe she only pushed for Rod when he was her only chance to the finale and the producers caught onto that before her giving him the second to last spot on Top 13 night when she still talked about Jej making the finale that week. Still, fingers crossed for Sid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelly didn´t turn for Sid, which hopefully means that he impressed her in the battles in order to use her steal, especially considering how picky she has been this season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, everybody is ruling out Team Gwen because isn't spectacular at first glance 👀😂. Imo, Carter and Payge are pretty good bets for the live shows. On the other hand, I can't picture Liam and Lauren doing well with Gwen :no:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

It's hard to say whether or not Gwen made good decisions unless you actually saw the battles. I'm just reporting what I was told - and what I was told was that in pretty much each case, the judges all chose the person that Gwen eventually selected in pretty much every case, so her decisions should probably be the least controversial? I get that a lot of fan favorites from Team Gwen were eliminated (Liam was my #1 this season, sadly - but Kelly, John, and Blake apparently all chose Ryan over him, Lain got criticism from the coaches, and Payge and Lauren definitely had breakout moments with their battle and Gwen picked Payge) but that doesn't mean her team's trash now. Y'all just haven't identified an early favorite on her team and that's fine.

I prefer her current KO lineup over Blake's easily, but that's just me lol. I can't say for certain whether my preference will hold up until next month when the show airs.

 

I'll compile everything and make a separate post hopefully tomorrow with specific feedback to give y'all some more insight. Taping 1 has A LOT of feedback/opinions to sort through (Thankfully! Shoutout to all the sources!) and just a couple for tapings 2 and 3.

Awesome. Can’t wait to see all of the feedback from taping. Give it allll to us🙌🏾😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, antikid said:

I'm interested which of DeSz and Tamara are getting more hype from the coaches

Sameeee. I was thinking the same thing. I guess we’ll find out in Knockouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDF: we want unique, quirky, interesting contestants

 

also IDF: Gwen's team is terrible, Gwen is the worst coach, it's all quirky unique singers

 

The coaches seemed to like Desz and Tamara but it didn't seem like they were blown away by either one, and I wasn't either (they both clearly won their battles though).. This is in part a stylistic thing, because I'm not a fan of over the top runs. The Payge - Lauren battle was *really* good, but way more understated Payge deserved the win, Lauren was the most deserved steal). Kelly thought a few of the contestants were pitchy, and that Taryn didn't choose to show off the better parts of her voice, until the end...also that Mia needed to have more confidence on stage (because she is really good vocally).

 

I think my biggest issues weren't with the winners, but with the pairings i.e. I don't think Gwen should have paired Liam and Ryan, Blake Taryn and WTW etc

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are sleeping on Payge a bit. I think she's The Voice's answer to Just Sam from AI. I won't be surprised if she becomes TPTB's TCO for Gwen. Which she will definitely benefit from, because I am not sure how the demo will react to her.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, seak05 said:

IDF: we want unique, quirky, interesting contestants

 

also IDF: Gwen's team is terrible, Gwen is the worst coach, it's all quirky unique singers

 

The coaches seemed to like Desz and Tamara but it didn't seem like they were blown away by either one, and I wasn't either (they both clearly won their battles though).. This is in part a stylistic thing, because I'm not a fan of over the top runs. The Payge - Lauren battle was *really* good, but way more understated Payge deserved the win, Lauren was the most deserved steal). Kelly thought a few of the contestants were pitchy, and that Taryn didn't choose to show off the better parts of her voice, until the end...also that Mia needed to have more confidence on stage (because she is really good vocally).

 

I think my biggest issues weren't with the winners, but with the pairings i.e. I don't think Gwen should have paired Liam and Ryan, Blake Taryn and WTW etc

Lol Tamara and Desz dis over the top runs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...