The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

6 minutes ago, antikid said:

I like Sid a lot but knowing Kelly I have a feeling he'll lose to Tanner in KOs

I agree that Sid vs Tanner is a likely pairing for Kelly in the KOs. Which will be her token male for the season? If she's feeling strategic Tanner might be a no-brainer but hopefully Sid will have something to say about that.

Kelly has a history of taking her steals pretty far, but you can never really tell who she fancies in her team until you see the show.

4 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I agree that Sid vs Tanner is a likely pairing for Kelly in the KOs. Which will be her token male for the season? If she's feeling strategic Tanner might be a no-brainer but hopefully Sid will have something to say about that.

Kelly has a history of taking her steals pretty far, but you can never really tell who she fancies in her team until you see the show.

Very true, it really depends how she reacted to Sid's battle, maybe she stole him because she thought he was decent enough to make the next round or she legitimately wanted to work with him. I remember her going crazy over Kaleb Lee in the blinds and even singing to him so I understand why she took him far. On the other hand, she didn't even turn for Sid. Other than Kaleb, I don't remember Kelly pushing for any other steals that hard though

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Sad to see Lain Roy go, but I had a feeling that he wouldn’t last too long... 🙁 Glad to see that Taryn, Cami, DeSz and Kelsie made it through though. 👍 I’m shocked Liam St. John went home this early. 😱

I'm also a little sad about Lain but Someone648 said Gwen stated that Lian was one of her personal favs in this season but he didn't live up to the expectations 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, antikid said:

Very true, it really depends how she reacted to Sid's battle, maybe she stole him because she thought he was decent enough to make the next round or she legitimately wanted to work with him. I remember her going crazy over Kaleb Lee in the blinds and even singing to him so I understand why she took him far. On the other hand, she didn't even turn for Sid. Other than Kaleb, I don't remember Kelly pushing for any other steals that hard though

Kelly didn't turn for Rod Stokes either and she took him pretty far.

I will say that Kelly choosing Tanner over Skylar surprised me a little consider how she likes potential in her contestants. I can only hope Tanner moving on was just a fluke, for Sid's sake.

11 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Kelly didn't turn for Rod Stokes either and she took him pretty far.

I will say that Kelly choosing Tanner over Skylar surprised me a little consider how she likes potential in her contestants. I can only hope Tanner moving on was just a fluke, for Sid's sake.

I believe she only pushed for Rod when he was her only chance to the finale and the producers caught onto that before her giving him the second to last spot on Top 13 night when she still talked about Jej making the finale that week. Still, fingers crossed for Sid!

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

It's hard to say whether or not Gwen made good decisions unless you actually saw the battles. I'm just reporting what I was told - and what I was told was that in pretty much each case, the judges all chose the person that Gwen eventually selected in pretty much every case, so her decisions should probably be the least controversial? I get that a lot of fan favorites from Team Gwen were eliminated (Liam was my #1 this season, sadly - but Kelly, John, and Blake apparently all chose Ryan over him, Lain got criticism from the coaches, and Payge and Lauren definitely had breakout moments with their battle and Gwen picked Payge) but that doesn't mean her team's trash now. Y'all just haven't identified an early favorite on her team and that's fine.

I prefer her current KO lineup over Blake's easily, but that's just me lol. I can't say for certain whether my preference will hold up until next month when the show airs.

I'll compile everything and make a separate post hopefully tomorrow with specific feedback to give y'all some more insight. Taping 1 has A LOT of feedback/opinions to sort through (Thankfully! Shoutout to all the sources!) and just a couple for tapings 2 and 3.

Awesome. Can’t wait to see all of the feedback from taping. Give it allll to us🙌🏾😊

IDF: we want unique, quirky, interesting contestants

also IDF: Gwen's team is terrible, Gwen is the worst coach, it's all quirky unique singers

The coaches seemed to like Desz and Tamara but it didn't seem like they were blown away by either one, and I wasn't either (they both clearly won their battles though).. This is in part a stylistic thing, because I'm not a fan of over the top runs. The Payge - Lauren battle was *really* good, but way more understated Payge deserved the win, Lauren was the most deserved steal). Kelly thought a few of the contestants were pitchy, and that Taryn didn't choose to show off the better parts of her voice, until the end...also that Mia needed to have more confidence on stage (because she is really good vocally).

I think my biggest issues weren't with the winners, but with the pairings i.e. I don't think Gwen should have paired Liam and Ryan, Blake Taryn and WTW etc

• Haha 2

People are sleeping on Payge a bit. I think she's The Voice's answer to Just Sam from AI. I won't be surprised if she becomes TPTB's TCO for Gwen. Which she will definitely benefit from, because I am not sure how the demo will react to her.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, seak05 said:

IDF: we want unique, quirky, interesting contestants

also IDF: Gwen's team is terrible, Gwen is the worst coach, it's all quirky unique singers

The coaches seemed to like Desz and Tamara but it didn't seem like they were blown away by either one, and I wasn't either (they both clearly won their battles though).. This is in part a stylistic thing, because I'm not a fan of over the top runs. The Payge - Lauren battle was *really* good, but way more understated Payge deserved the win, Lauren was the most deserved steal). Kelly thought a few of the contestants were pitchy, and that Taryn didn't choose to show off the better parts of her voice, until the end...also that Mia needed to have more confidence on stage (because she is really good vocally).

I think my biggest issues weren't with the winners, but with the pairings i.e. I don't think Gwen should have paired Liam and Ryan, Blake Taryn and WTW etc

Lol Tamara and Desz dis over the top runs?

10 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what was wrong with her approach, according to Kelly? 

Kelly seemed to think that she didn’t show enough of what her voice could do, that Taryn was playing it too safe. Basically, “this is a singing competition and you only have a short time to impress, so you have to go for it”.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

People are sleeping on Payge a bit. I think she's The Voice's answer to Just Sam from AI. I won't be surprised if she becomes TPTB's TCO for Gwen. Which she will definitely benefit from, because I am not sure how the demo will react to her.

She´s really good judging from her Instagram covers, and now we know she apparently slayed her battle, not to mention she knows how to make a song her own. She might be a frontunner depending on how well Team Gwen does.

P.D. I checked and found out Ryan Berg´s tone is great as well. I still have to see the battle to be convinced that he won fair and square against Liam though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Kelly seemed to think that she didn’t show enough of what her voice could do, that Taryn was playing it too safe. Basically, “this is a singing competition and you only have a short time to impress, so you have to go for it”.

That's very odd of Kelly to say bcs she usually compliments contestants that "show a part of their talent at a time"

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

At least Gwen still has her and Carter. But I SWEAR TO GOD IF SHE GETS RID OF BOTH PAYGE OR CARTER SHE’D WRECK HER TEAM COMPLETELY

Kelly actually made her team better. She has Desz, Sid, Kelsie/Marisa....even Tanner could pull a Kaleb Lee. The only fodder like person is Madeline C, but she isn’t even that bad. Ryan (Save) is really talented as well, like a male version of Mandi Thomas. 
Blake’s team is kinda boring...I only like Jim, Worth the Wait and James Pyle. James was actually better than Cami and Blake+Gwen agreed.

Team Legend also got stronger, especially with Lauren. Nice to see he’s not judging the artists by their blind audition or the amount of chairs they turned. John Holiday, Tamara, and Cami are THREATS

2 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

James was actually better than Cami and Blake+Gwen agreed.

Team Legend also got stronger, especially with Lauren. Nice to see he’s not judging the artists by their blind audition or the amount of chairs they turned.

Make it make sense though

• Haha 1

If you choose your faves based on how they sound or perform IRL, you will always be disappointed. Nothing exists for the coaches except what they see and hear on stage, maybe in rehearsal for the singer’s own coach. They are not doing deep dives into Contestant X’’s YT channel. Sometimes they don’t even remember their names.

• Like 4

As for Worth the Wait vs Taryn, honestly I think Blake did what´s best in an effort to keep both. There´s no way the public is gonna vote for a trio in any capability (They are definitely gonna need his save in the PO if they make it there), whereas Taryn at least does have a chance of winning the KO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

As for Worth the Wait vs Taryn, honestly I think Blake did what´s best in an effort to keep both. There´s no way the public is gonna vote for a trio in any capability (They are definitely gonna need his save in the PO if they make it there), whereas Taryn at least does have a chance of winning the KO.

I don't know, if Blake really thought they did equally well and knew the trio wouldn't get votes why give Taryn a setback if he could just give her a straight path to the lives. Unless he actually thought the trio was better..

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He didn’t have to pair them up in the first place though.

• Sad 2