The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Not sure if anyone is interested in the voice Christmas special, but apparently they're going into the way back archives. This from a season 3 contestant who says footage from her season will be included 

https://www.facebook.com/KrystalSteelOfficial/posts/210913040554573

If I had to guess based on all Christmas performances done on the show

Blake Shelton and his S3 team - White Christmas

Michael Buble - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Tree

Blake Shelton ft Xenia - Silver Bells

S5 Top 6 - Joy to the World/O Holy Night

Adam Levine,Blake Shelton,Gwen Stefani, Pharrell Williams - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

S9 Finalists Christmas songs 

Jordan Smith - O Holy Night

Gwen Stefani ft Blake Shelton - You Make it Feel Like Christmas

Sia - Snowman

Gwen Stefani ft Mon Laverie - Feliz Navidad

John Legend and Esparzalda Spalding - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson - O Holy Night

Kelly Clarkson and John Legend - Baby It´s Cold Outside

Maelyn Jarmon - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

• Like 1

I think this is were we stand:

• I thought  Cami had more support honestly, but even by giving a showstopper of a performance she couldn´t beat Desz underperforming. She could make finale through the IS, but she´s not getting past Desz.
  • Carter still has his frontrunner status impact. I don´t think Ben will do him any damage, but he could end in the finale if it´s 3 PVs + 1 IS instead of 1 contestant per coach.
  • Ian has the lead right now on Team Blake, but Jim could maaaybe change that with a great song choice. That being said, Ian´s numbers are higher, and everybody seems to have gone to his side, so perhaps Jim´s ceiling might be fighting for the Instant Save.
  • Holiday is Legend´s best shot at the finale, he´s obviously making it there if it´s the S18 format, but I could see him Instant Saving his way through if it´s 3 PVs + 1 IS too. Tamara and Bailey are not getting past him. Their ceiling is also going to be fighting for the Instant Save.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Adam Levine,Blake Shelton,Gwen Stefani, Pharrell Williams - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Sia - Snowman

it’s a freaking clip show? 

I shouldn’t be shocked, but I actually thought they’d spring for some new performances. Silly me.

• Sad 3

24 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I shouldn’t be shocked, but I actually thought they’d spring for some new performances. Silly me.

I don't know. I think it will have new interviews with the coaches, but not sure on new performances. It's a little weird if they don't because Kelly, John, and Gwen all have Christmas music out this year. Doesn't seem as if we're getting anything from the season 19 cast :(. 

Also, yeah it's a separate thing, airing tomorrow night, but it will also re-air a few times. I think nbc is just looking for some cheap filler Christmas programing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Sia - Snowman

I don't think they'll have that many OHN's or HYAMLC's in one show. lol  I just watched the commercial again and the clips they included were:

Kelly - Underneath the Tree

Michael Bublé - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Gwen ft Mon Laverie - Feliz Navidad

Gwen & Blake - You Make It Feel Like Christmas

Dolly Parton & Jennifer Nettles + S11 Top 10 - Circle of Love

John & Katie Kadan - Merry Christmas Baby

JHud & Kelly - O Holy Night

Adam, Blake, Gwen & Pharrell - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

The Voice twitter tweeted this one out ... Kelly & Jake Hoot - Wintersong.

And then the description said that Blake, Gwen, Kelly and John will share favorite holiday traditions and memories throughout. That should make close to a full hour.

Edited by roundtown

19 minutes ago, roundtown said:

I don't think they'll have that many OHN's or HYAMLC's in one show. lol  I just watched the commercial again and the clips they included were:

Kelly - Underneath the Tree

Michael Bublé - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Gwen ft Mon Laverie - Feliz Navidad

Gwen & Blake - You Make It Feel Like Christmas

Dolly Parton & Jennifer Nettles + S11 Top 10 - Circle of Love

John & Katie Kadan - Merry Christmas Baby

JHud & Kelly - O Holy Night

Adam, Blake, Gwen & Pharrell - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

The Voice twitter tweeted this one out ... Kelly & Jake Hoot - Wintersong.

And then the description said that Blake, Gwen, Kelly and John will share favorite holiday traditions and memories throughout. That should make close to a full hour.

Thanks for the recap. It doesn’t seem very interesting. The first thing I noticed is there are no solos from past contestants...only duets with their coach. Maybe they’ll try to squeeze in a Jordan Smith solo (probably not). I’d have to be pretty bored to watch this. 

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

When I saw the air date I realized it was most likely a clip show since they didn't schedule a taping with a virtual audience before this week. It seemed like the Top 17 plus the other 3 from the 4 Way Knockout taped something Christmas related this past weekend, but that could be something for the finale. I know Kelly has taped a few performances with Brett Eldredge for their new Christmas duet, but that's probably being used for the Rockefeller Center special tonight night and some other shows.

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:Because her Top 17 performance was worse than Ben’s. 🙂

For you. They are literally nearly opposite artists so why compare them? I’m just pointing it out because of Gwen’s reaction. I doubt she would’ve posted a story like that for Ben (she didn’t even post one for Joseph lol) plus tbh IMO I would’ve rather seen another Payge performance rather than Ben’s....we already know what we’re getting from him next week lol it’s extremely predictable. But smart move from Gwen I guess

1 hour ago, rhapsody99 said:

It seemed like the Top 17 plus the other 3 from the 4 Way Knockout taped something Christmas related this past weekend, but that could be something for the finale.

It’s going to be part of the finale according to the Google episode description. 

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

For you. They are literally nearly opposite artists so why compare them? I’m just pointing it out because of Gwen’s reaction. I doubt she would’ve posted a story like that for Ben (she didn’t even post one for Joseph lol) plus tbh IMO I would’ve rather seen another Payge performance rather than Ben’s....we already know what we’re getting from him next week lol it’s extremely predictable. But smart move from Gwen I guess

I’m comparing Ben and Payge because that’s what Gwen obviously did when making the decision. Also, you got to see another Payge performance, and not another Ben one. 🙂

30 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Gwen is not used to going for team strength, but with her heart.    Every other season, we ding her for going with her heart, (Myracle/Kyndall). 

2 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

But the overall all package though Payge is better period there ain’t no way Gwen though Ben could beat Ian and Jim and say I’m just playing the game girl please 

Ben could very well beat Jim, Ian though probably not.

But Minivan loves her more now for keeping Ben, and he could get a finale spot, I would bank on it.(Even tho Cami deserves Finale)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

But the overall all package though Payge is better period there ain’t no way Gwen though Ben could beat Ian and Jim and say I’m just playing the game girl please 

Yeah, but you can’t say Gwen’s reason is wrong, when there was a valid reason for picking Ben. 🤷‍♂️ I would have picked Payge too, but Gwen is not wrong for choosing Ben. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, but you can’t say Gwen’s reason is wrong, when there was a valid reason for picking Ben. 🤷‍♂️ I would have picked Payge too, but Gwen is not wrong for choosing Ben. 

I wonder if Gwen would have picked Payge if she had known who Ben would have been singing against in the IS?