idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

The Voice 18 ● Top 9 Perform ● Discussion

Just now, istersay said:

"Doja Cat's 'Say So,' Featuring Nicki Minaj, Tops Billboard Hot 100, Becoming the First No. 1 For Each"

oh thanks. the full chart hasn't been released yet so it isn't on the chart page

The comments on Joanna’s post is really positive, that’s impressive bc the performance was very average so imagine her fans if she does good on her instant save

Just now, lhdang2000 said:

I don’t get why The Voice fans always talk about the guest artists won’t turn any chair as something they’re proud of.

Kane Brown has a #1 album and Doja Cat just has #1 single, they are the current standard of the music industry. If we want The Voice winners or contestants to have any success, we better hope they perform more like the guest artists: charismatic and full of personalities.

I don't disagree with the last sentence.... but this is Doja Cat we're talking about.

1 minute ago, lhdang2000 said:

I don’t get why The Voice fans always talk about the guest artists won’t turn any chair as something they’re proud of.

Kane Brown has a #1 album and Doja Cat just has #1 single, they are the current standard of the music industry. If we want The Voice winners or contestants to have any success, we better hope they perform more like the guest artists: charismatic and full of personalities.

and i oop...!!

They probably brought in Kane and Doja to make the contestants seem that much better

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

Megan won't need that IS, she's got that PV.

PERIOD!

Megan is one of my favorites this season, but I have to admit it wasn't her best performance, I hope she wins the IS tomorrow tho

Looking forward to Megan Thee Stallion next week!

Just now, Agenator333 said:

The comments on Joanna’s post is really positive, that’s impressive bc the performance was very average so imagine her fans if she does good on her instant save

Is that on Facebook?

Tomorrow will be the most split IDF has ever been on an IS

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, lhdang2000 said:

The oak tree in my front yard has more personality than Kane Brown. 

• Haha 2

Just now, holinessss said:

wait, isn't there 1 more guest?

james taylor i think?

• Like 1

1.Doja Kool bop

2. TStorm

3. Zan

4. Joanna

5. Megan 

6. Micah

7. Todd

8. Kane

2 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Megan won't need that IS, she's got that PV.

PERIOD!

Allegra prob for IS though, unless if Joanna picks a showstopper.

I agree! I actually really liked her performance. It showed off her range and even though the background was distracting, I'm hoping her talent and emotion can get her that PV

• Like 2

Ooh I love ”Overjoyed,” but after hearing Ben Platt doing a cover of this, I have really high standards.

• Like 2

Todd's FB video reached 200K+ and 8K+ reacts on FB. No one else broke 100K+ views yet.

• Like 1

Just now, lhdang2000 said:

Ooh I love ”Overjoyed,” but after hearing Ben Platt doing a cover of this, I have really high standards.

Ben ❤️

if you missed the beginning

1 minute ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Allegra doing stevie wonder

Thank goodness, we will get to hear a real song. I'm listening tonight, but The Voice has pretty much lost me with the emphasis on c----y pop music & mediocre singers.
When you cut your teeth on Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Joni Mitchell, Greatful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Aretha, Stevie Wonder, Linda Ronstadt, (plus lots of other incredible singers and songwriters that you young sprouts have never even heard of) it's just intolerable to listen to this new garbage. I know this should be in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I just needed to vent here and now after that "performance."