• Thunderstorm
    • Todd
    • Allegra
    • CammWess
    • Zan
    • Joanna
    • Micah
    • Toneisha
  2. 2. ¿Who will be TPTB ´s bussing target/s?

• Megan
    • Thunderstorm
    • Todd
    • Allegra
    • CammWess
    • Zan
    • Joanna
    • Micah
    • Toneisha

Who will TPTB be pimping next week? And who will they mercilessly bus?

I think that pretty much everyone still has a chance at the finale, and song choice is going to be crucial to advance. Also remember that the pimp spot is no longer a guarantee to the finale (Shawn Sounds, Britton Buchanan), so it leaves everything open still.

PIMP SPOT: Micah (Snatched the PV this week, and they are going to want Kelly in the finale. He has great control of his voice, and he gets a good song, I could see him closing and advancing. The fact that he sneaked up on the supposed frontrunner of his team might be indication that he may be able to do it again). 

BUSSED: I think Allegra might be in trouble, given that she is on the frontrunner´s team, so they might want to take her out for TStorm to advance.

I think Megan is also getting bussed, since Kelly already has a frontrunner in Micah, and she is known for sacrificing her team for her TCO.

Zan is the most vulnerable contestant right now, so she might be gone, too.

I honestly have no idea, but I’m gonna guess they will push for Allegra (out of the girls I think she has the best shot at getting the third PV) and they might bus Micah to achieve that. 

Since they are three, possibly one person from Team Blake might get bussed as well, possibly Joanna (could be Toneisha)

Edited by Daillon

I think they'll want a teen in the finale, Joanna doesn't sound, act or look like a teen, so they might not push for her. If they go all in on TStorm for the win, they may not want Allegra (Nick fans) or CammWess (similar-ish style) to split votes with him. That leaves us with Megan. I think they'd push for her over Micah if the voting difference wasn't too big. That way they get Kelly in the finale, which they probably want. 

• Like 1

They want Kelly in the finale, so they'll push either Micah or Megan (we'll see with TPTB's slot selection and song choice). Micah spikes and fizzles on social media but he did get the PV, whereas Megan has the teenaged-girl-and-underdog factors that TPTB and voters are generally suckers for.

Allegra and Joanna seem like the most likely bussing candidates - if they go in for T-storm as TCO then they'll want Allegra out of the way, but Blake's team is the largest and they failed to bus Joanna during the IS; if they decide to be petty about that last fact, she could very well get put first or otherwise get thrown to the wayside, especially as Todd is the team's front-runner and Joanna doesn't look/sound/act the way people expect most 18-year-old singers to act.

28 minutes ago, antikid said:

I think they'll want a teen in the finale, Joanna doesn't sound, act or look like a teen, so they might not push for her. If they go all in on TStorm for the win, they may not want Allegra (Nick fans) or CammWess (similar-ish style) to split votes with him. That leaves us with Megan. I think they'd push for her over Micah if the voting difference wasn't too big. That way they get Kelly in the finale, which they probably want. 

They can push for Megan all they want. I don’t see it happening. She has several people to jump to get a top 3 PV. Micah is the right play, and he will probably need an instant save. 

Looking back, when Kelly and John were the pimped rookie coaches, their second artist wasn't bussed in the semifinals to ensure their frontrunner wasn't splitting votes with them. They even heavily pushed for Shawn to make the finale and gave Kaleb a gospel song (iirc) in the second hour. I assume they wanted POV in S16. If they want a teen this year they probably wouldn't mind Allegra then. That said, I agree they won't push for Megan then

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Man, the fact that one performance was able to push Megan from frontrunner to middle pack player is just proof that it´s still anybody´s game.

Was she really a frontrunner, though? I’ve thought Micah was Kelly’s horse all along. Honestly, Kelly and John are both in danger of not having a finalist. Nick has two who could legitimately make it, and Blake has 3. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Was she really a frontrunner, though? I’ve thought Micah was Kelly’s horse all along. Honestly, Kelly and John are both in danger of not having a finalist. Nick has two who could legitimately make it, and Blake has 3. 

I would argue that toneisha and Joanna both don't have a chance of making it to the finale, but once again, no one really knows beforehand