Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

GC BROWN

GC Brown was a castaway who was a part of the absolutely terrible Survivor: Gabon. From what I vaguely remember (since I've tried to forget that monstrosity of a season happened), he was the de facto tribe leader or something of that sort? Am I remembering wrong? He did win immunity on the opening challenge, so at least he has that going for him! I also remember there was the tea that he like randomly disappeared for a while right before his tribe (probably Fang since they lost everything) and production was starting to freak out, only for him to show up and be like "??? I was napping in the boat because everyone annoys me." #mood tbh. Anyway, I remember liking Ashley more in her brief stint in China, so that's why I'm saving her.

SAVE: Ashley Massarro #RIP

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow why does JC hate men, he ranked Sean so low???

Remove my vote out of sheer disgust that Natalie has been eliminated.   You can all say goodbye to any remotely hot guy from now on. Those are now my targets and will be until further notice

Natalie Anderson deserves better than this. 🙂 

Posted Images

Immune for Steven's Round:

JP Calderon

Brendan Synnot

Dan Kay

Edgardo Rivera

Tina Sheer

Margaret Bobonich

Ashley Massaro

@Steven_ may now make hims nominations from seasons 31 to 40!

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Oof I thought Elliott was more likely to save GC than Margaret I tried to be strategic and flopped :dead:

If I had any requests to save GC, I could've done so. I prefer Ashley, but not enough for it to matter to me. :haha:

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

Ashley Massaro was on Survivor? I only know her from WWE. RIP. :(

She was booted early sadly. Lots of potential though! :broken:

Chelsea Walker
Lauren O’Connell
Bi Nguyen
Lyrsa Torres
Brendan Shapiro
James Lim
Donathan Hurley
Wendell Holland
Simone Nguyen
Patrick Bolton
Ben Driebergen
Lucy Huang
Chris Hammons 
Bret LaBelle

BRANDAN SHAPIRO (Ghost Island)

biogifbrendanshapiro.gif?w=320&h=180&cro

Brendan Shapiro is a contestant from Season 36 of Survivor, where he placed 17th out of 20. He was set up to do really well, and I feel like if he had been in the winning tribe pre-merge, he probably would have won the whole game. But he wasn't. He started out on the trainwreck Malolo tribe and survived the first two TCs. After a tribe swap, Brendan remained on the Malolo tribe where they were outnumbered 5-4. They won the first immunity challenge, but at the second one, Brendan became the target of the old Naviti players. Michael Yerger had an idol and he attempted to read the other side, so he played it on Steph Johnson. Unfortunately his read was incorrect, as the votes were on Brendan, so he became the fourth person voted out that season. Brendan really didn't do anything wrong and it kind of sucks that he was voted out that way....but the whole season sucks, and he's not particularly memorable besides his super chiseled body. Out he goes!

Saving: Simone

Just now, Solaris said:

Is this Purple Chelsea?  If so thank you!

I thought it was Purple Kelly from Naonka's season LOL

3 minutes ago, #jeah said:

It’s Chelsea from IOTI

which one was the one who was invisible, and won a couple immunities, but never had a story.

Just now, Solaris said:

which one was the one who was invisible, and won a couple immunities, but never had a story.

Chelsea Townsend from GI

MvGX-Bret-and-Zeke-bond-over-drinks-and-
Bret Labelle
Brett was a contestant on Survivor Millennials vs Gen X. He immediately aligned with Chris Hammons, who I could not stand so that meant Bret was also grouped in to that list. There was something about them both that I didn’t like and it was probably two alpha males trying to take control as I’m all #girlpower. Also the fact he made fun of someone’s anxiety.  I didn’t feel any connection to Bret and I actually felt as if he was quite arrogant. I think the only heartfelt moment he had was when he came out to someone but I can’t remember who it was. It was the only time that I felt anything real and honest from him. He eventually placed fifth and just missed out of the final tribal council.

Saving Wendell.

Ben Driebergen

os-1513829302-l3gbzzwfqf-snap-image

Ben's "win" was a turning point for Survivor. A show I loved and cherished for so many years, probably embarrassingly so. I absolutely loved the game and everything it stood for. I loved that anyone could win it no matter who you are, your physical ability, your gender, etc. Obviously parts of the game did benefit being a straight, white male, but in the interest of fairness it always came down to who could talk the best. Who will form the key relationships that will get them to the end and get the jury to vote for them. The ultimate social game. Of course there have been many speedbumps throughout the years. Russell tried to ruin things, but luckily was nice enough to lose twice due to his disastrous social game. Boston Rob got a rigged victory handed to him, but that was more of an outlier. And Sophie proved just one season later that not even seasons set up specifically for returning players are beatable. As the show went on, #bigmovez became the main focus unfortunately. But it was always beatable. You cannot alpha male your way to the end. Even at that point, you can't expect the jury to reward you for it.

Then we get to season 35. The season that changed Survivor drastically. One man was given the ability to win the game by virtue of being good at scavenger hunts, being a straight white male, and making fire well. These are the only attributes one needed to win the 35th season of Survivor. Chrissy plays a shocking physical game and battled her way from the bottom to the final three. Devon was a very unsuspecting threat, but flawlessly took over the game at the merge and strategically ran it. None of that mattered though. Ben was good at scavenger hunts. So he won the game. And then scavenger hunts became the norm. Rick Devens becomes "one of the best to never win" despite being voted out and in the minority on most votes. Chris Underwood wins the game because he made "#BigMovez" despite the fact that he was also voted out third. The show is no longer the same show I fell in love with. And that change happened specifically the moment Ben Driebergen won.

Now I know I'm putting a lot of pressure on him when his biggest crime is winning the game the best way he knew how. Maybe that's unfair, but I don't care. This is a television show and I'm gonna judge these people based on how they affect my enjoyment of this television show. Ben's win has negatively affected my enjoyment of this show in an astronomical way that lasts across seasons. I don't think he's a terrible guy, nor is he the worst character in the world. In fact he is rather complex and interesting compared to most modern day Survivor gamebots. Having said that, I do have a lot more negative feelings towards him than positive as a character, winner or not. I wanted to puke every time Ben ranted about how "no one's playing the game" even though everyone was outplaying him ever second of the time. I don't find his "Ben bomb's" entertaining at all (and not to judge the guy, but I find that to be a really weird metaphor for a guy with PTSD from the war). I thought he was a dick to almost everyone out there (which did verge on funny, until he won the game). Just not my kind of character.

He came back for Winners at War and I felt kind of the same way. Once again he played absolutely horribly. He had some funny moments here and there throughout the season (I kinda liked for his rivalry with Adam) but also some unpleasant moments (his treatment of Jeremy was nagl). Ratting Danni out to Rob in the first episode was a perfect way for him to start the season, making mistakes galore and getting outplayed by those better than him. Ben was barely a player this season which, thank god. The only thing he controlled was maybe the Jeremy vote. But he was in that awful final four alliance of Tony, Sarah, Ben, and Denise who actively played for Tony to win. I love Tony so at least they chose the best person in that alliance to play for to win, but as you can all tell by my nominations of Laurel, Becky, and Natalie Tenerelli, I've got absolutely no respect for these people that actively make moves to ensure another person wins (unless it's like a relative on a BvW season or something). However, Sarah gives some feminism speech and Ben "changes his mind and decides to quit in order to help Sarah win". I'm sure he was moved by her speech in some capacity, but I did not appreciate getting gaslighted by him and the Ben fans into thinking that this was some win for feminism. He wasn't doing it to secure another female Survivor winner, he quit because he knew he played a godawful game and didn't want to embarrass himself at FTC. If he really cared about a woman winning he would've uhh.....voted for one of the women in the final three to win in the end instead of voting for the only man...? The irony of all this is Sarah would've won the game if Ben didn't quit. Michele would've gone at five, Natalie would've won FIC and sent Ben & Tony to fire, and Ben likely beats Tony. Then Natalie or Sarah would win the season. Maybe in a few years I'll appreciate Ben's quit more as a human moment a la Ian from Palau, but that didn't feel as natural and raw as Ian's quit at all. Ben was just trying to save face because he knew he was the biggest loser in the final five. Frankly, Ben should've been a cycle two boot and this cut is overdue.

Save Patrick

Edited by Alex95

Chelsea Walker

latest?cb=20190909162618

She seems very foddery I guess. So foddery that Sola even deemed her the Purple Chelsea, which is super disrespectful to Purple Kelly who was useless on the ridiculous season where Fabio won. Anyways, she was on Island of the Idols and ended up 17 out of 20. So she did not last very long. She was in a women's alliance, but that does not seem to have worked out for her LOL. She even found an immunity idol, which is quite impressive since for some reason, usually men are the ones who go searching for the idol. However, she romanced Dean Kowalski (do not blame her) but this caused her downfall as the women did not trust her and blindsided her when she still had the idol. Anyways, girl, if you are going to be part of a girl's alliance, do not get in a showmance DUH STUPID! BYE!!

Save James because why not?