Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

8. Jerri Manthey

Survivor: Australian Outback 8th Place

Survivor: All-Stars 10th Place

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains 4th Place

HvV Jerri Manthey gif by GoodfellaSeinfeld | Photobucket

Average: 10.56

RANKINGS:

Andy - 4/20

Public - 4/20

JC - 6/20

Amanda - 7/20

Alex - 8/20

Hayden - 11/20

Andrelliott - 17/20

Zoey - 18/20

Steven - 20/20

ANDY

JERRI MANTHEY - Honestly was fully expecting Jerri to get cut somewhere around top 50-top 20 due to her winning the last rankdown pretty handily. I obviously am thrilled that she’s here though. I ranked her #1 last time but it’s not as big of a goal of mine to have her win now. Regardless, Jerri is one of the best characters ever on the show and her three-arc storyline is probably my favorite! She went from being the universally hated villain to one IC away from likely winning the biggest season in the show. Her story arc with Colby is also really cool and it’s a shame HvV wasn’t edited to feature much of their relationship because they really made amends from what I heard in that season. Anyways I have a lot of these write-ups to get through so I won’t ramble. Everybody loves Jerri!

PUBLIC

The amount of times Kristi Yamaguchi is mentioned in Jerri's write ups sends me.  I love Jerri, I made that evident in the last rankdown.  This time around I ranked her 4th, so I am right on par with the viewers thoughts for once.  I echo most of the comments made in Alex's write up.  Jerri is an icon world of survivor, and has one of the best stories on the show.  I wish she would have placed higher, I blame those that tanked her!

JC

Jerri Manthey - Our reigning Queen of Survivor rankdown. I would be fine with her winning again, but I do not want her to win over my ultimate queen fave, but I think she can be somewhat high since I think many people will bus her unless this turns into another Kristi Yamaguchi situation and we all fail and crown Jerri for a second time in a row which would be lolz.

AMANDA

TUidYfp.gif

The original Villainess! Jerri winning the first rankdown and somehow managing to make the top 20 again just goes to show how much everyone loves Jerri. And how could you not? Jerri has one of the greatest character arcs ever, becoming one of the most hated and notorious villains from the show only to be one immunity challenge away from sitting in the FTC of Heroes vs. Villains and quite possibly winning the whole thing. What a compelling and amazing story that stretched out 3 seasons. Jerri is amazing! I'm curious to see if she will pull a Kristi Yamaguchi and become a 2-time rankdown winner. And I wouldn't complain if she did because she's just that great.❤️  

ALEX

Jerri Manthey

The original female villainess, of course I stan. The villainess is, of course, my favorite archetype on Survivor. Look at the representation we got in the top 20 here! 4/5 of the women from the original villains tribe, Abi-Maria & Kass, Sue (arguably), Crystal Cox, Jenna & Heidi! We really did That! But is Jerri even still a villain? Her storyarc is one of the most compelling multi-season storyarcs ever, hell probably the most compelling. Jerri's rise from hated villain to beloved hero is truly one to behold and I can't wait till her fourth appearance when she can add beloved winner to the resume.

Jerri got her start on Survivor all the way back on the second season in Australia. Survivor was still a cultural phenomenon at the time and Jerri became a household name the second she accused Kel of smuggling beef jerky on the island and got him voted out. Honestly, I totally buy the theory that the beef jerky was planted by the producers. Jerri fell right into the trap by making a big deal out of it and the rest is history. The black widow has become one of the most hated women in America. She didn't do much that evil though besides playing the game lol. She aligned with Amber, Mitchell, and Colby and pretty much said these are my people and I want to ride or die with them. Is that a great strategic move? No. But she's not the devil for doing that. And then Jerri also had a blood rivalry with Keith. Jerri cooking rice because Keith, the professional chef, didn't know how to :dead:. Jerri and Keith are just two naturally annoying human beings who couldn't find a way to get along with each other for the life of them.

Something about Jerri's time in Australia that's underrated is just how fun she is. Jerri and Amber talking about... "chocolate" is one of the funnest scenes of the season. Jerri was miserable a lot of the time, but when she wasn't she was a joy to watch. I loved her little friendship with Amber. It's crazy how the two of them have become such big names for different reasons. I'm sad that it doesn't really seem like they're still friends (Amber was too busy making a million babies with Boston Rob). Her and Colby's flirtmance was cute too even though Colby kinda hated Jerri and Tina was hellbent on breaking them up from day two :dead:.

All of this of course earner Jerri a call back for All-Stars. On a season where many reputations were ruined, Jerri somehow acted the best...? Yet she was the only one to get booed off the stage at the reunion :dead:. Part of that is because she fought with Rupert, America's sweetheart. Everyone knows at this point how big of a Rupert stan I am, but it's not because I genuinely believe him to be one of the greatest heroes in Survivor history, y'all just take him way too seriously. Jerri is completely in the right with her fight with Rupert and her subsequent meltdown over his sh*tty shelter. She of course approaches this rivalry with absolutely no tact because Jerri doesn't understand the art of subtlety. I'm glad Jerri had a decent enough experience though (mainly because she got to get her revenge on Colby and Tina :wub:). Jerri getting voted out is a travesty and will forever go down as one of the worst moves in Survivor history.

So at this point Jerri remains a hated Survivor legend. Many years have passed though, many villains have played the game, and Jerri feels more comfortable owning her villainy. She's no longer alone. There are lots of players who are hated. So she comes back for Heroes vs. Villains and just has fun. She brags about all the ridiculous nicknames people came up with for her (man eater manthey being my fave). And Jerri played an amazing game. She starts off in the Rob alliance, but jumps ship when she realizes she's on the bottom and joins up with Russell. She can not be played like a pawn though. Russell really thought he was gonna play with Parvati Shallow and Jerri Manthey and puppet them :dead:. Jerri plays a winning game and actually bonds with people this time around! She has a random ass showmance with Coach which SENDS me every time :dead:. Parvati, who starts off as her rival of the season, ends up becoming one of her closest allies and friends at the end of the season.

Jerri really takes over the show/game at the end of the season. While the Danielle vote was horrendous for most people involved, Jerri absolutely made the right move there, especially letting Russell take all the heat for it. She was in 4th if the Russell/Parvati/Danielle trio stays in tact. She had to break it up at some point and she did it at the right time. Russell was stuck with her at this point, and she secured Sandra and Parvati on her side when she chose them for the family visit. Jerri's plan should've been her in the end with Russell and Parvati and Jerri easily wins there just like Sandra did. Sadly, Jerri was rightfully viewed as a threat and she becomes our final juror of the season :broken:. But she became a popular player with the audience and got cheered at the reunion. I will forever be in shock that the alpha bitch from the Australian Outback almost became a beloved Survivor winner.

I really thought Jerri was gonna be petty cut at some point since she won last year, but I'm glad she didn't. Honestly, I would be here for Jerri winning again! I don't think it'll happen, but she deserves to pull a Kristi Yamaguchi. Until then though, I will be anxiously awaiting Jerri's return to the show for Survivor: Legends.

HAYDEN

11.) Jerri Manthey

Jerri is iconic. Jerri was the first ever villainess that Survivor ever had. She even managed to win the original Survivor Rankdown. For that reason, I’m not voting her any higher than this, but Jerri is still amazing and probably would’ve been my second pick to win Heroes vs. Villains just because of what it would mean for her story as a character.

ANDRELLIOTT

Jerri Manthey

jerri-manthey

giphy.gif

Jerri is the original bad b*tch from Survivor. She won last year's rankdown and for good reason. As I said in my write-up last time, her three season arc is by far one of the most interesting multi-season contestant arcs we've ever had. She was the villain that everyone loved and when she started drama, it made for damn good television. She even was a legitimate threat to win in Heroes vs. Villains. So much so that none of the Top 3 wanted to sit next to her. Who would have ever thought Jerri would be a threat to win after Australia or even All-Stars? Ranking her 17th hurts because she is one of my favourites, but I think we saw last year that everyone likes her (and rightfully so) and with everyone tanking everyone else's favourites, she could very easily snatch the crown again because she's not polarizing and I want a new winner so... sorry, Jerri. You're still a legend in my eyes.

STEVEN

JERRI MANTHEY

Sorry, but Jerri Manthey will not be the Kristi Yamaguchi of the Survivor Rankdown if I have any say in the matter. I do like Jerri more than this ranking suggests, but this Top 20 already has several repeat finalists from last time. Let's at least have a different winner this year. Anyway, Jerri Manthey is one of the most well-known Survivor players ever. Everybody knew who Jerri was back at the hype of Survivor's popularity. She was a notorious villain, and she wasn't very popular with the audience or her fellow castaways when she first played the game. She was portrayed as the villain of The Australian Outback, booed off the stage at the All-Stars reunion show...but the audience finally warmed up to her after Heroes vs. Villains. It's really neat how the public perception of Jerri has changed after her third try at the game. Seeing how terrible some Survivor castaways are in recent years, the public was definitely way too harsh on Jerri (and she honestly wasn't even that bad to begin with). I do hope other rankers go into better detail of her Survivor game, but I'll end this write-up by saying I do like Jerri and wouldn't mind seeing her play Survivor again. I'd just rather see a different castaway win the rankdown this time around. 

@Alex95 @*Amanda @sublymonal @Elliott @#jeah @hayden98 @JC @Steven_ @Zoey

Alex

3. Sue Hawk

4. Sean Rector

8. Jerri Manthey

9. Michaela Bradshaw

10. Peih-Gee Law

11. Crystal Cox

12. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

13. Heidi Strobel

14. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

15. Rob Cesternino 

16. Jenna Morasca

17. Ian Rosenberger

20. Yul Kwon

Amanda

6. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

7. Jerri Manthey

8. Michaela Bradshaw

11. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

12. Rob Cesternino 

13. Sue Hawk

14. Peih-Gee Law

15. Jenna Morasca

16. Heidi Strobel

17. Ian Rosenberger

18. Yul Kwon

19. Crystal Cox

20. Sean Rector

Andrelliott

2. Ian Rosenberger

4. Rob Cesternino 

5. Michaela Bradshaw

6. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

8. Jenna Morasca

9. Yul Kwon

10. Sue Hawk

11. Crystal Cox

12. Sean Rector

14. Peih-Gee Law

17. Jerri Manthey

18. Heidi Strobel

20. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

Andy

3. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

4. Jerri Manthey

5. Jenna Morasca

6. Rob Cesternino 

9. Sean Rector

10. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

14. Heidi Strobel

15. Peih-Gee Law

16. Crystal Cox

17. Yul Kwon

18. Michaela Bradshaw

19. Ian Rosenberger

20. Sue Hawk

Hayden

5. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

8. Crystal Cox

10. Rob Cesternino 

11. Jerri Manthey 

12. Peih-Gee Law

13. Sue Hawk

14. Heidi Strobel

15. Sean Rector

16. Jenna Morasca

17. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

19. Yul Kwon

20. Ian Rosenberger

JC

2. Yul Kwon

5. Peih-Gee Law

6. Jerri Manthey

7. Ian Rosenberger 

8. Sean Rector

9. Rob Cesternino 

12. Jenna Morasca

13. Heidi Strobel

14. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

15. Crystal Cox

16. Sue Hawk

18. Michaela Bradshaw

19. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

Public

4. Jerri Manthey

6. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

8. Jenna Morasca

9. Yul Kwon

10. Heidi Strobel

11. Sue Hawk

13. Michaela Bradshaw

14. Rob Cesternino 

15. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

17. Peih-Gee Law

18. Sean Rector

19. Crystal Cox

20. Ian Rosenberger

Steven

2. Michaela Bradshaw

3. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

5. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

8. Heidi Strobel

10. Jenna Morasca

11. Peih-Gee Law

12. Rob Cesternino 

14. Yul Kwon

16. Crystal Cox

17. Sean Rector

18. Ian Rosenberger

19. Sue Hawk

20. Jerri Manthey

Zoey

2. Crystal Cox

4. Peih-Gee Law

5. Jenna Morasca

9. Ian Rosenberger

12. Heidi Strobel

13. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

14. Yul Kwon

15. Sue Hawk

16. Rob Cesternino 

17. Michaela Bradshaw

18. Jerri Manthey

19. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

20. Sean Rector

5 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Is the final two gonna be my 18 vs. 19?

Depends on who you tried to bus. I have a feeling I hope this is the final matchup because we always disagree :giggle:so I'm sure you put my #1 in one of these spots.

Just now, Elliott said:

Look, my reason for cutting her was because I thought she'd be an easy Edge returnee. I didn't expect her to be removed from an edge. :dead:

But I could've cut Kim instead that round if you preferred. 😘

Top 12 placing Kim Spradlin-Wolfe ❤️